Black Friday deals?

Have the car rental agencies ever offered "deals" on Black Friday?
Yes, but not anything that I haven't been able to beat with www.autoslash.com or my corporate rate. It's usually 20-30% off rack rates. Car rental rates were, I believe, forever changed during the pandemic. I don't think we are ever going to see the $150/week rates with the majors like we did previously. The rate you have is very good and pretty much matches my corporate rate and the rate my side hustle organization pays.

My Costco rate went from $555 compact car (6 days) to a $362 Elite SUV this week.
I agree with @EACarlson about those car rental rates. It wasn't too long ago we had a 12-day compact or intermediate car for $250. I think those days are gone. $362 for the busy week we're renting is probably close to the closest we'll get for the major players.

I have seen some lower prices on Priceline, but I'm leery of some of those brands and don't want to worry about shuttles at that airport. They are advertising a sale through tomorrow for some rentals on Priceline for Express deals if anyone doesn't mind going with the lesser known. (I've done this in the past but have no desire to do it at MCO). There may be more this week?

RENTAL CAR DEAL
Your key to savings
Up to 50% off rental car Express Deals®. Book by 11/19/23 5 pm. Savings reflected in the rate. Look for the Black Friday sale icon for qualifying deals.

I would love to rent from the "fly-by-night" companies but don't want the hassle and headaches that always seem to come up.When I do priceline I click the box for "on airport" so I don't get tons of listings.
I used the black friday link above for carrentalsavers. I got a midsize at Hertz for $2 less than my standard car at Alamo BUT I am a gold member, so we'll be able to go directly to the car instead of waiting in line at the rental agency desk. Also, the last 2 times we rented with Hertz the attendant in the garage has said to take whatever is on the gold aisle, and we've ended up with SUVs. As DH and I are the only travelers, if we do end up with a mid-size, it'll work- but I'm hoping for a bigger car!

I would love to rent from the "fly-by-night" companies but don't want the hassle and headaches that always seem to come up.When I do priceline I click the box for "on airport" so I don't get tons of listings.
I used the black friday link above for carrentalsavers. I got a midsize at Hertz for $2 less than my standard car at Alamo BUT I am a gold member, so we'll be able to go directly to the car instead of waiting in line at the rental agency desk. Also, the last 2 times we rented with Hertz the attendant in the garage has said to take whatever is on the gold aisle, and we've ended up with SUVs. As DH and I are the only travelers, if we do end up with a mid-size, it'll work- but I'm hoping for a bigger car!
That is how it is supposed to work with Hertz Gold at any airport that offers Gold Canopy. If you book Mid-Size or above you get access to the Gold Aisle and are free to choose any vehicle on that aisle. I've always been able to get at least a mid size SUV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter