BL 3 - Red Team week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2dream

DIS Veteran
It's weigh in day Red Losers!
I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone today. Please email or PM me by midnight EST tonight. I need to have everyones info by the deadline please.

How are you doing with the weekly team challenge?
If you don't know what I am talking about check out post #20 of this link. I hope that works, I've never done that one before. We need the help of the entire Red Team with this challenge. Please email me your total points by tomorrow (Wednesday) night at midnight EST. Even if you were only able to accomplish a few things this week please let me know. We need all the points we can get.

Question of the Day
Are you losing weight for a particular trip or special event in the near future? Tell us about it and what you hope to accomplish.

Me first - Those who have paid attention to my posts should know my big event coming up. My DS23, my baby, is getting married November 30. When his older sister and brother got married I wore the same dress that I really hated. It made me feel like a sack of potatoes. I want to wear a fabulous dress to this wedding. This (hopefully) will be the last marriage I will attend for my children and I want to have good feelings about it. His fiance is an only child and the reception will be quite a big deal. As I share that mother-son dance I want to glide across the floor with my head held high and feel good about myself and my weight loss accomplishment. I know I can do this and the time is now, there is not time to waste, there is not time to play around. I want to lose 50 pounds by that time. I am not off to a great start, but every day gives me the opportunity to work harder and make it to that goal.

So red team check in today. I would like to hear from you. How was your week? What is working for you? What are you struggling with? We can help each other along this journey.

Have a healthy day!

Morning Red Team:cheer2: :cheer2: ...sent my weight and points in. Not a great week but considering I am just beg. to be able to get up and walk around the house a bit and still take pain meds. at night I was not too disappointed. I lost a pound and some change this week...I remember someone saying to put a pound of butter sticks on you and this is how much you lost...that made me smile!:goodvibes Anyhow I am losing weight for me..DH and kids too but mostly for me. I come from a gentically large family. I am large boned and have always been kind of heavy...I would love to go back to those days though, lol:rotfl2: . Anyhow I am not going to say my goal because it is a whole lot more than most of you have to lose. I began this quest August 15th and even with the surgery, being basically stagnant for almost 2 weeks and pain meds ( I bloat big time with them), I have lost a grand total of 20 pounds. If I have to set a goal it is to lost 25 more by Dec. 26th when we take the kids for a surprise Christmas trip! I will be thinking of you all this week as I am touring WDW in a wheelchair or on my crutches!:goodvibes WE CAN DO IT!:wizard:

Well, I did loose weight towards the end of last week, but just as I suspect the scale didn't change this morning due to TOM. Sorry guys.

Good Morning. I had another loss this week that I'll be sending in a few minutes. I'm making points progress. I actually tried a new fruit and a new veggie in the last few days. I had rappi and a kiwi. Rappi was ok as long as it was in the sauce..kiwi was just ok...wasn't really all that crazy about it.

As for why I'm losing weight. There are 2 reasons. The first is just for my health. Turning 50 in less than a year makes me start to worry about that. I have 3 daughters and I want to make sure I'm around to watch them get married and have babies. I want to be able to hold my grandchildren and enjoy life, not be overweight and physically unable to do things.

The second reason is we are going to WDW in April. This is a trip with just DH and myself to celebrate our 50th birthdays and our 23rd anniversary...no kids!:woohoo: :woohoo: I want to be able to walk around the parks without being winded and all out of breath. I want to look semi-good in a bathing suit. So I have 2 things going on, health and vanity!

I have a huge amount of weight to lose too. My initial goal was to lose 30 pounds by Christmas, but I'm almost half way there now so I might change that. I'm shooting for around 2 pounds per week, I'd like it to be more but I know that more than that isn't necessarily healthy and there is a better chance of keeping it off if you lose slowly.

Mornin' everyone! Well, my journalling didn't happen last week, but I did get moving in a big way. I've been power walking 50-60 minutes several times a week during my lunch hour, plus I've been trying to get out for 30 minutes on other days. So my water is good, my exercise is good. Let's see what this week brings for food choices (although I didn't make bad ones all week - just didn't add it all up).

Ended up losing 2.5 lbs this week, which brings my total to 3 lbs for this challenge. I lost almost 40 lbs several years ago, preparing for the Disney 1/2 marathon in 2005. I completed it with my 3 sisters ... we were known as "team Canada" here on the WISH board. Our family went through some major stress just after that ... and I put the weight back on over the past 2 1/2 years. I just stopped making time for myself to be healthy. Not making excuses, just taking ownership for what I didn't do. :scared: So I want to be able to fit back into those clothes that I had such fun buying. I want to look better in my jeans. I love doing stuff with my family, and I want to be able to do all that without it totally exhausting me. And I have promised my nephew that I will do the Disney 1/2 with him in 2010 when he's 14 - his Mom (my DSis) passed away last year ... she was diagnosed with cancer about one month after she did the 1/2 in 2005 ... so I need to be able to train and do that race with him. I won't go back on that promise to him. :love:

Onwards and downwards, folks. :goodvibes

I forgot to answer the question. DH & I are going on a cruise in May I want to look hot, hot, hot! :lmao: Forget just dressing up for formal night, I wnt to dress upevery night. :)

Also, though I've never been that large, I've never felt comfortable using the pool on a cruise ship. It seems like all the people in the pool are model look alikes splashing around for the entertainment of others. Those of us who do not look like them tend to lounge on the side. I'm always afraid that if I get into the pool I'll taint someone's eye candy. :lmao:

I never set foot in the hot tub because I don't think the young, sexy people want a 35yo bubble lady hopping in & spoiling their good time.

I want this cruise to be different. I want to play pool games with everyone else. I want to slip into a soothing hot tub & be welcomed. This time I want to be in the action, not on the sidelines watching. :thumbsup2

Morning all. I lost two more pounds this week. :banana: Drank all my water and more. I am down to one diet coke per day (down from at least one 2-L)and exercise was good this week. I tried quite a few new fruits and vegs this week. I have to go add up my points. Have a great day. We are all losers. Keep it up Red Team. :cheer2:

I am working on losing weight for my health. I really need to be in better shape. I am also trying to lose for our Disney trip at the end of Nov. I hope to have to buy new clothes for our cruise. I just found out that my girls gymnastics team is going to a meet at Kalahari water park and I am going to be in better shape so I can play with them and not look like a beached whale. :cheer2:

Oh, I was just getting dressed & remembered the other reason I am loosing weight. MOM jeans! :lmao:

My children were so embarassed of my Lee Riders Mom jeans!!!!!!!!! With the straight legs!!!!!! :lmao: But, they were so comfy & covered my belly. DD16 insists that they just made me look fatter & that no one should wear jeans over their belly buttons but by tummy was so bulgy that it just made me feel better.

So, the day I found out I could fit in a size 10 I ran out & bought some slight low rider, slightly wider leg jeans. I'm still trying to get used to the feeling of the sitting lower on my waist & the fear that my butt crack might show when I sit. :lmao: But the kids have stopped laughing about my Mom jeans! :rotfl:

Sad thing is, I was in Kohls the other day & saw rack of Lee Riders with a sign that said "Slims you instantly" & almost had to wipe a tear from my eye. Gosh, sometimes I miss those belly button high jeans!:lmao:

OK, just want to make sure I'm computing points correctly for our weekly challenge (of which today is the last day to accumulate points).

8 glasses of water every day = 5 points max (miss a day 0 points for this catagory)

2 new F&V = 5 pts (4 new would be 10 pts, etc)

no snack/20 mins activity = 5pts each instance (so if you gave up snacking during TV, turned off TV and crafted, for example, and did that three different times, that would be 15 pts)

breakfast every day = 5 point max(miss a day 0 points for this catagory)

3 servings whole grains =5 points (six servings = 10 pts)

No fast food = 5points max

2 vegies 3x = 5 points (2x veggies 6x = 10pts)

Just want to make sure we're on the same page in our 'computing' ;)

I'm down 1.5 this week. Brenda, just tried sending a PM and it wouldn't let me...I'll try again though.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Oh, question of the day: I do have an event coming up that is inspiring me to stay on track the next few months (of what will be a loooooong haul).
Have a Dec trip to WDW and a 3 day cruise. I want to be able to walk around those parks and climb in and out of ride seats with all the DIS pals I will be meeting there!

Off to slam down a glass of water and hit the shower!!

I figured out my total.
TASKS:

drink eight glasses of at least 8 oz of water each day Done 5pts

Try two new fruits, vegetables or combination of either this week ***
(new is one you have never tasted before)
This is one that was easy for me. I have not tried many vegs. We went to Golden Corral and I filled my plate with veg. I tried Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, Radishes, Collards, Asparagus, Broccoli and I put bean sprouts on my salad. I have to say that I hated all of it except for the sprouts that really didn't taste like anything.

I also tried papayas and kiwi which were very good. 40 pts

Instead of snacking -- spend 20 mins engaged in a hobby or interest ***
I did this five times this week. I found myself looking in the frige and I walked away and did other things. I was very proud of myself for walking away. 40 pts

Eat a healthy breakfast every day instead of skipping this meal
Done 5 pts

Eat at least 3 servings of whole grains this week ***
Done 5 pts

Consume at least 2 non-starchy vegetables 3 days this week ***
Done 5pts

No eating of fast-food -- salads and Subway excluded
Not so good. I ate Taco Bell. I really don't know why. After I was done I wished I would have gone to Subway. Much more filling

My final total is 100 pts.

Hi all!
I lost 2 pds this week. I wish it were more but i am still having a big problem with will power! My DH's bday was friday and we had pizza, and cake...I did do my workout tape once. I am always driving my girls to dancing or basketball and i am having trouble making time for exercise. It seems there aren't enough hours in the day! Has any tried the Nestea Enviga drink? It supposedly can help you burn more calories. I like the extra boost of energy it gives me. I am trying to get into my jeans for Disney in november. Otherwise i will be having to buy new jeans in a size i just can't see myself needing...Good luck to everyone this week!:) :goodvibes

I missed the points posting, so didn't do as well as I should have, but I think I'm at least 50, but will go over my week to see if I've missed anything & e-mail the actual total to our Fearless Leader. I think keeping a point total for a week is a great idea!

Question of the Day:
Not as young as I used to be
Not as thin as I used to be
Why oh why is there more of me?
(I'd like to be known as a true "Hottie".)
:teeth:

agnes!

I did really well with the no fast food this week, even though with WW and points I could technically have a hamburger once in awhile. BUT, I went to BK for DH and DD #3 yesterday and got myself NOTHING!!! I came home and made myself a Lean Cuisine dinner instead. I was very proud of myself!

I did good with the rest of the challenges too. Most were things I already do thanks to WW but the new fruit/veggie thing was tough. I did get new ones though.

ibouncetoo - Jackie, Your points calculations are correct.

Nancy, Please PM or email weekly points totals to me by Wednesday midnight EST. There is still time to rack up some more points so get to it.

winniedapooh - Michelle, When are you leaving for WDW? Will you miss next weeks weigh in? PM and let me know.

Hi red team :wave2:

I have only lost 1lb. I'm a bit disappointed, TOM so I feel realy bloated - really hope if I continue to drink lots of water, this week will be better.

I really want to lose lots of weight for mid December. My nephew is having a 21st birthday party and he is thinking about having a theme party of "Heaven and Hell". So we will all be dressed up, and I really want to weigh a lot less than I do now.

I'll have to work out my points for this weeks challenge, I'll email score tomorrow morning.

Helen

I am losing weight for myself. No big event. Although I am going on the DVC member cruise in October. Michelle, I'm going to food and wine this weekend, hopefully I'll run into you.

Well, I am only down .5 this week...I definitely had some bad points last week, but I did exercise almost every day.

Hopefully, I will do better next week,

Sorry Team! I have been sooooo MIA from BL. It's been a rough time around here- but hopefully things are back on track.

My special occasion is my 40th birthday in about 6 weeks. I just don't want to be this size on that day. I'm going to really buckle down and try to get the scale moving downward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter