BL 3 -- Red Team week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to post my choiuce for ending dates. I think after the holidays would be good as well.

I have heard from 30 of our 34 team members, still waiting on the last 4. They have all had a friendly PM reminder so hopefully I will hear from them this morning.

How did you do yesterday? I did exercise (during BL) and had my 5 f & v. Not 8 cups water, I ate after 8 and woe was bad. I only have 5 simple things to do a day and I have not accomplished them all in the same day yet. I wonder if I can today? That is not exactly the correct attitude, I should confidently shout that I WILL DO IT TODAY! But I am not feeling too confident. Too much to worry about today. Too much stress. It seems like I always have an excuse.

Red Team Questions of the day

#1 How long would you like our challange to run, end before Thanksgiving, after Thanksgiving, before Christmas, or after Christmas?

#2 The following question was posted by mom2alix yesterday. Sorry I do not know how to do the 'quote thing' and show her cute smilies and all, but here what I got:

Only down 1.2 lb this week, but it is TOM so I'm telling myself that I really lost a lot more and it's just extra water (Denial, I know but it keeps me from getting demotivated.)

That's my question for you guys - what do you do to stay motivated?

It's SO hard on the weeks when you've been good about your eating and done your exercise, but the scale doesn't move, or doesn't move much. I tend to get irritable when I put in A+ effort and only get C results. Then I tend to be bad the next week.

I know patience is a virtue - it's just one I don't happen to possess!

So red team, how do you stay motivated?

Me first - I am a very visual person. I typed up on pink paper in pretty fonts my top 10 reasons for losing weight. It sits beside me on the kitchen table. I often look at it when I need encouragment. I also typed a long 2 page wordy paper with what I hate about being fat. I don't read that as often, but it is nearby and I painfully remember all the things on the list. I also have a vision in my mind, it changes periodically. Sometimes I am strolling hand in hand with DH on a beach (looking great in a swimsuit of course), or with the kids enjoying all that WDW has to offer, playing with my grandson Kyler, etc. In these images I am healthy and happy and my life is the life I want to live.

So red team share your thoughts today. Come and check in just to say hi, our post count is too low, we need to crank it up and encourage and get to know each other.

Have a great day and be healthy.

Red Team Rocks!!!

(((Hockeychic))),
hang in there Kim. Sometimes no matter how hard we try those pounds just want to stick around. Sometimes our woman's hormones can thwart our efforts too. Big numbers are nice, but not gaining is great too and you did accomplish that. I know you will be rewarded on the scale if you stick with your program this week and don't give up.

You have lost about 30 pounds since January and that is a great accomplishment. Tell me about the 1/2 marathon you are doing soon. When are the Disney races? Has your training for the races been going well? I can't imagine walking for several hours at a time. You Go Girl. You can do it Kim.

Have a healthy day

Thank you Brenda,
I have to keep remembering that I am also gainning muscle and I seem to forget that alot I just want to see the numbers on the scale move and don't see that the number on the tape measure are also going down.

Training is going great, my very first 1/2 marathon is Sept 30, and I am very exciteda bout that. Disney runs are Oct 27th for the Tower of Terror 13K which is going to be a blast. Then back to Disney Jan 12 for the 1/2 again.

Thank you for asking and your kind words.

Congrats to all those who lost and maintained this week!!!!!
Kim

First, a quote lesson...actually a MULTIPLE quote lesson.

On the bottom each post is an icon with the word quote in it...IF you click that it will take you directly to the page where you type your message, but with the entire message of the person you quoated listed first. You can go into their message to remove parts that don't apply to your response, or to highlight certain words (make them bold or in color). Then after their quote, witch is backeted with the [ quote] and [ /quote ], you can type your message.

For multiple quotes...see the icon next to the quote one that just has a "+ quotation mark and plus sign? If you click on that, it will turn red...then you proceede to read more messages and click on the quotation mark of any you want to respond to. When you are done, you click on the post reply button and ALL the messages you clicked on will be there. Then follow the same procedure for editing anything...and you can post your specific response between each message.....just be sure not to remove the [ quote] and [ /quote ] surrounding each one.

Question of the Day #1:
I would like for our BL to run through Christmas/New Years. Not because I think I'll lose weight, but to have the incentive *not* to gain.

Question of the Day #2:
I don't know how to stay motivated, that's why I weigh as much as I do. I am hoping that our BL will help keep me motivated.

My exercise:
I walked (with DH :cloud9: ) 1.1 miles before breakfast.

My thoughts for today:
Don't just concentrate on your *weight*. Take your measurements (yeah, that might not be pleasant that first time), see how your clothes are fitting throughout our challenge. Fat takes up more space, muscle takes up less. If you are shrinking and your clothes aren't fitting quite so snugly (even if your weight isn't going down), then that's a good thing! You are replacing unhealthy fat with fat-burning muscle, you are turing your body into a fat-burning machine!

Are you getting enough sleep? Did you know that if you don't get enough sleep, that being sleep-deprived can sabotage your weight-loss efforts? Try for a week to get the correct amount of sleep *every* night. I'm talking at *least* seven hours. You'll feel better and your metabolism will probably kick into a higher gear.

I'd like to be a Loser...how about YOU?
agnes!

OK...down to business.

I'd like to continue THROUGH the holidays, as I need the motivation and accountability to help me through all the temptations that start at Haloween and run through New Years.

To keep motivated: For me short term goals help, as it's easier to see the light at the end, when the tunnel isn't that long! I like to think in 10 pound increments, or a number on the scale that relates to something specific for me. For example, I'm 2 pounds away from the number that was pretty much my 'set point' for the past decade or so. Last January, I was almost 15 pounds ABOVE that (for one freekish, nightmare weigh in). It took all spring and summer of half-hearted work to dump most of that, so when I loose those these next two pounds, I feel like I got myself 'back' and can then move on to the next 35 (which I've lost once or twice already in the last 10 or so years).

Another motivator is of course, DISNEY. I want to enjoy my visits there...and limping around from bench to bench is NOT the way to do it. So my December visit keeps me motivated...especially for exercise. I have a Segway tour planned this next trip and you have to be able to stand pretty much for two hours....no way I can do that right now. I'm meeting a group of friends there...three of whom have been very successful with weight loss and I don't want them to 'show me up' (OK a bit of vanity helps with motivation too, I guess).

My thoughts for today:
Don't just concentrate on your *weight*. Take your measurements (yeah, that might not be pleasant that first time), see how your clothes are fitting throughout our challenge. Fat takes up more space, muscle takes up less. If you are shrinking and your clothes aren't fitting quite so snugly (even if your weight isn't going down), then that's a good thing! You are replacing unhealthy fat with fat-burning muscle, you are turing your body into a fat-burning machine!

Are you getting enough sleep? Did you know that if you don't get enough sleep, that being sleep-deprived can sabotage your weight-loss efforts? Try for a week to get the correct amount of sleep *every* night. I'm talking at *least* seven hours. You'll feel better and your metabolism will probably kick into a higher gear.

agnes!

Thanks for mentioning both those things, Agnes, especially the point about sleep! I've GOT to get myself to bed ON TIME...been very bad about that...only had 6 hours last night (and several nights over the last week) and I'm dragging. I definately need 7 each night and maybe a nap on the weekends too! I must learn to STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER :surfweb:

Brenda, I just remembered you asked me some questions about my work. I work in the National Sales department, so basicaly I schedule the commercials from the ad agencies all across the country. Currently I just work with the LA agencies, so I spend a lot of time on the phone and on the computer and move around lots of piles of paper! I've been there for 28 years!!!! :scared1: I haven't ordered any BL stuff yet...I think I can get a discount from NBC, but still trying to find out how to apply it to an on-line order! I just plan to get a red team mug and a journal.
Oh, and miss.....shouldn't your avatar now be a RED BL icon?????
Hmmmmmmm??????

Hi everyone - no weight loss for me this week. Last week I had a bad week, foodwise. Drama with my MIL didn't help any - I ate a big chocolate bar. I am doing my best to get back on track, and so far this week has been good.

1. I vote for after the holidays. It would be great if we could help get each other though it.

2. Staying motivated - well, I took a look at some pictures of me on my wedding day. I looked pretty cute! So, I know that if I have been that weight before, I can get there again, right?

Congrats to all on your weight loss!

Vote for me for through the holidays. On a side note, I will not be here for about 5 days or so beg. tomorrow. I am having knee surgery and am hoping that the pain meds, being on my butt even more, and not moving as much will not make me gain weight. GO RED!:cheer2:

Michelle, good luck tomorrow. We will all be thinking of you.

I was thinking about going through the holidays also. I think it could really help.

My main motivator right now is my girls. I look at them and think that I really need to be healthier. Another great motivator is this team. I really like competitions and I hate to lose.

Have a great day. We can do it. I have had all my water for today......Have you?????

Hey all! I realized that I sent a PM to Brenda but did not post. I did have a loss this week so that is good.

To answer the QOTDs

#1) After Christmas please.

#2) I will be 50 in 2009 and would like to usher in that portion of my life at a healthier weight so I am using that to stay motivated. At least that is what I am using for now.

My biggest motivator right now is my health. I always had low blood pressure in the past but it was starting to creep up as I put on weight. The doctor told me losing weight would bring it back down. I do not want to have high blood pressure...I'm way too young for that! So I'm bringing my weight down, I lost 17 lbs before this challenge started, and walking every night and my pressure is already back to normal. I want to lose the rest of my excess weight before anything else goes wrong!

I also want to begin training for next years marathon in Disney. So I'm going to work very hard to get fit so I can finish the marathon.

Hi everyone! :)

I would like to have the stop date be the same day the show ends. I think it would add to the excitement of watching the big show.

As for motivation, I do a few things. I like to check out the photos on this website: http://weight-loss.fitness.com/before-after-between/

I also dream about the cruise DH & I are going on next year. I would love, love, love to wear a teeny, tiny bathingsuit & a sexy, sexy dress. :)

1] After New Years please

My biggest motivator is also my health. I'm currently targetted as Prediabetic.

Cheryl

ibouncetoo,

Jackie, thank you for the quote lesson. Let's see how I did.
Oh, and miss.....shouldn't your avatar now be a RED BL icon?????
Hmmmmmmm??????

Actually with my technical knowledge we are lucky I have any avatar there at all. It does look kind of black though doesn't it? I certainly don't want anyone thinking I am going over to the dark side. What kind of team captain would that make me? The avatar is actually the Biggest Loser Red team pin from the nbc store website. I may have to rethink that avatar. I am red blooded through and through, with maybe some alien green.

Agnes!

agnes!

I know I am a loser and so are you Agnes. We are the best type of losers of all a Red Loser. Keep up the good work.

winniedapooh good luck for your knee surgery :hug: .

dare2dream I would like this to continue until after Christmas. I really need something to focus me over the holidays :blush: .

At this time I feel I have a lot of things that should be motivating me - so I'm not sure why I am finding it so hard to keep on track.
My main reasons are my boys and my DH. I need to lose weight to be able to run after my youngest who has special needs. I try to make healthy meals as my oldest is diabetic, but I am so guilty :guilty: of eating junk and candy when he isn't around :blush: . I need to take control of my life for myself.
I also want to lose weight because it will annoy my MIL :rotfl: . Sorry, I know that sounds awful :blush: .

I just wanted to share that I feel very proud of myself right now. My co-worker ordered Baskin & Robbins ice cream. Now ice cream is my weakness and Baskins & Robbins Pralines & Cream ice cream is my very favorite. Yet I was able to totally stay on track and didn't get any. Yay me!! :cool1:

#2) I will be 50 in 2009 and would like to usher in that portion of my life at a healthier weight so I am using that to stay motivated. At least that is what I am using for now.

My little sister's moto is "Fabulous By Fifty!" (It's actually her TAG too!)

I also want to lose weight because it will annoy my MIL :rotfl: . Sorry, I know that sounds awful :blush: .

Whatever works, says I pirate:

Just finished a lovely lunch, turkey wrap and some tomatoes, snap peas and brocolli with a little Ranch for dipping. And tonight is a greek salad and a dip in the pool....A VERY GOO DAY! :thumbsup2

Hi Red Team! I'm new here and I'm so excited to be on your team (and thanks to the organizers for letting me join late!). I want to lose about 25-30 pounds by Christmas, but I will happy with any healthy weight loss. :)

I would like for the challenge to go until at least December 1, if not the 31st.

My motivation is to run the Minnie Marathon at WDW next year (and to look hot again! lol :D).

Hey there,

Another newbie here, I joined yesterday.

I have been on WW since May and am down about 40+ pounds. I have another 25+ pounds until goal. My main goal is the Disney Marathon in January. Thanks for letting me join your team!

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter