BL 3 -- Red Team week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2dream

DIS Veteran
Welcome to a new week Red Losers!!

Please PM or email me your weight by midnight EST today!!

How was yesterday? I finally exercised and really did my 5 f & v and did not eat after 8. Yeah. Boo I did not drink my water and WOE still is not great.

How was your week? I am happy with my results from week one. They would have been better if I had tried harder. The beginning is easy, staying the course is harder for me.

No questions for today, just make sure you get your weight to me. Team results will be posted sometime tomorrow (or after I get everyones week 1 weight).

We are off to a great start Red Team. Keep up the good work and be healthy today!

Red Team Rules!!!

Good morning red team!!!!

My weight stayed the same this week, I am very frustrated. I am hoping for big numbers next week.

Hope you all have great weight ins!!!!!

Kim

(((Hockeychic))),
hang in there Kim. Sometimes no matter how hard we try those pounds just want to stick around. Sometimes our woman's hormones can thwart our efforts too. Big numbers are nice, but not gaining is great too and you did accomplish that. I know you will be rewarded on the scale if you stick with your program this week and don't give up.

You have lost about 30 pounds since January and that is a great accomplishment. Tell me about the 1/2 marathon you are doing soon. When are the Disney races? Has your training for the races been going well? I can't imagine walking for several hours at a time. You Go Girl. You can do it Kim.

Have a healthy day

:wave2: Hi Red Team

I did okay last week, not great but not bad. I really need to get to the gym more but I did lose a little which I will PM.

Have a great day everyone.

Sorry gang. I didn't lose anthing. I have been stuck since I lost 23lbs over the summer. I still get in 1 hour of exercise everyday. I keep my diet under 1500 cal. I did have something exciting happen though, I wore a pair of size 10 jeans yesterday for the first time in years. I think I'm losing inches but the pounds just don't budge.

Sorry gang. I didn't lose anthing. I have been stuck since I lost 23lbs over the summer. I still get in 1 hour of exercise everyday. I keep my diet under 1500 cal. I did have something exciting happen though, I wore a pair of size 10 jeans yesterday for the first time in years. I think I'm losing inches but the pounds just don't budge.

Hey that is good news too!

Just a suggestion for those that are stuck. It was recommended to me by Weight Watchers. INCREASE your food for a week, in WW we count points so they had me max out my points for 1 week so I'm guessing you could do the same if watching calories. They also said to increase water by half of what you normally drink, so if you drink 40 ounces increase to 60 ounces a day. Then the second week you go back to normal and see if that jump starts the weight loss again.

I haven't stepped on the scale yet today, but I'm not expecting great results this week. I'll be happy with a teeny loss.

good morning, team. I stayed the same this week, and given that I didn't do anything, I guess that's not a bad thing. I need to get moving this week ...

Hope everyone has great results. :)

Good Morning Red Team

I am down 4 lbs this week. Only went to the gym twice this week because my neck is still hurting. This week I am going at least three times if it kills me. I have been drinking all my water and watching what I eat. Come on red team we can do it. Slow and steady wins the race.

Way to go bcvprincess - that's a great loss! To everyone else who stayed the same - just keep at it! I'm right there with you. It's my TOM, so I didn't lose any either. Next week will be much, much better! I'm excited for the Biggest Loser on TV tonight! I'm also going to do a FIRM video tonight and I really enjoy those.

We can do this!!!

Well, I said I'd shout if from the rooftops:

:banana: :cool1: I'm down 4 pounds! :cool1: :banana:

I know for someone as overweight as I am, for the fist week that this is pretty much water weight....but I'll take it!!

I swam three times last week, didn't have ANY french fries :sad1: , however my WOE still wasn't 100% on plan (STILL haven't made it to the grocery store). So that's what I'll be focusing on this week. I WANT THAT FIVE POUND WISH CLIPPIE!

Aren't they pretty? Don't you want one?

:wishfive :wishthirty :wishfifty :wish75 :wish100

Yeah, my long term goal is that last one! But that prettyy gold 30 pound one is what I'm shooting for on this challenge

Whatever your goal...know that You CAN do it!!

GO READ TEAM!

Hey, for those of us watching BL tonight, lets make a pact:

Every commercial break (except the ones where you must use the facilities)....get up and dance!
Jump around the living room and do the

..................GO READ TEAM DANCE.............
:yay: :banana: :dance3: :cool1: :dancer: :cool1: :dance3: :banana: :yay:

ibouncetoo,

Jackie, you do deserve to shout from the rooftops. 4 pounds, great job!! You will get that 5 pound clippie next week if you keep working hard. I know you can do it.

Right now I exercise while watching TV. I just get up and shake my thang. I do 1/2 hour. I will DVR the show tonight and zip through the commercials, but for the first half hour I will be moving.

How exciting to work at a TV station, what exactly do you do? Great job with three days of swimming and NO french fries. How many swims will you do this week. I AM going to exercise 6 days this week, I really am.

The BL TV show does not spend a lot of time on healthy eating. Occasionally they spend some time in the kitchen with basic healthy eating tips ie chicken and fish, cut down on red meat, load up on fruits & veggies. I have the first BL book and it goes into their eating plans. It was from season I with Bob and Jillian. One plan was eat more, and one was eat less. I'll try to find the book and give more info.

Have you ordered your stuff from NBC yet? I would like to order but I really hate outrageous shipping charges.

I'm glad you try to get a healthy breakfast with protien, it can really make a difference. Cereal just isn't as sustaining, as you have discovered.

Have a healthy day.

Only down 1.2 lb this week, but it is TOM so I'm telling myself that I really lost a lot more and it's just extra water (Denial, I know but it keeps me from getting demotivated.);)

That's my question for you guys - what do you do to stay motivated?

It's SO hard on the weeks when you've been good about your eating and done your exercise, but the scale doesn't move, or doesn't move much. I tend to get irritable when I put in A+ effort and only get C results. Then I tend to be bad the next week.:scared1: :rolleyes1

I know patience is a virtue - it's just one I don't happen to possess!:rotfl2:

Hi Red Team :wave2:
I have lost a couple of lbs, probably would have been more if I had exercised. I am finding it really hard to exercise, I keep finding other things to do.
I am going to try really hard to drink more water this week and make a proper effort to exercise.

:cheer2:

Hi everyone! I lost 2 lbs this week.:banana: I'm doing low fat, low carb (whole grains only) and having lots of colorful veggies. I also just started drinking green tea, we'll see if it helps next week!

I have a question for you Red Team.

Our BL organizers would like to choose an ending date for our challenge. I think the TV show may be running until Christmas, but we have no definate date for that. We would like to choose an ending date for our challenge to help us see the finish line for this compitition. Of course our healthy habits will continue for a lifetime.

What are your thoughts. Before holidays, after holidays, do you have a date in mind? Please chime in tonight so I have some opinions to pass on.

Thanks

Doesn't matter about the ending time for me. I think it should be at least through Thanksgiving b/c I have a hard time going "off" of my diet and then getting back to it.

I lost 1.9 lbs this week! :cool1:

I vote for after the holidays....I'll need all the help I can to get through all the holiday parties with all the yummy holiday treats!

Hey Red Team!!!

Well I didn't lose much, under a pound. I haven't gone to gym, been sick since last Monday, over one week, with a cold and a cough that won't go away. I don't like going to the gym when I am coughing. I have to take Nyquil to be able to sleep. Once the cough is gone, no excuses!!! That is unless somehow DH whisks me away for a romantic weekend without DD, or sends me away by myself.......oh well back to reality.

I wish I could have watched BL, however the Red Sox are more important right now. They've been playing for 3 hours and we are only in the 6th.

I would like to go through 2007 for the challenge.

Not much weight loss for me this week, only a pound. But my body is getting use to graveyard and my eating habits were changing so, that might be why. I had to DVR the BL tonight but during part of it I had to stop and help my son with some wrestling moves. He just joined the wrestling team and needed to work on a few thing. Wrestling is a work out let me tell you. We had a good time though and he got to try and beat me, and loved every minute of it.

Everyone keep up the good work this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter