BL 3 --Red team week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, I remember putting up hay, I can't think of a better work-out!

My husband did most of the work, although I did lift a few bales.

And Thanks to Agnes, I have signed on for the National Mindless Eating Challenge. Hopefully this will give me a start in changing my eating habits.

I usually have a granola bar for breakfast. I know I should probably eat a bigger breakfast so I don't get hungrier later in the day but I 'm not very hungry when I wake up in the morning.

Morning Red Team...not a bad day yesterday and I am sure today will be much better...:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:wave2: Morning Red Team! :)

Yesterday was a great food day until my DD suggested I get pizza for her and her friend who were having a sleepover. I only ate 1 piece and it was good, plain cheese, but eating at 9:30 at night is not good for me. :blush:

Today will be better I am sure. Hope you all have a lovely weekend! :goodvibes

My goal this weekend is to drink 64 oz of water daily. At work it's easy but for some reason my water intake decreases on the weekends.

My goal this weekend is to drink 64 oz of water daily. At work it's easy but for some reason my water intake decreases on the weekends.

I have the same problem and I think it's just because at work I'm pretty much chained to my desk so it's easy to have the water there for constant sipping. But at home, there's all the flitting around from one room to another, off on errands, that kind of thing. One thing I do to help is always have water with my meals and also any time I stop for a break or a visit to the DIS I grab a water.

I had planned on only getting on the scale Tuesday mornings (I was a daily weigher before), but I did sneak a peek this morning and have made some progress...it will keep me motivated to stay 'clean' this weekend, that's for sure!

OH...and I swam for 50 minutes last night!

Good morning red team. I have been doing good with water, food and exercising until today. We are going to Frankenmuth for our anniversary and they have such good food there. All you can eat family style chicken dinner with dessert. I have had all my water for today and have had a granola bar to hold me over until dinner. I guess we all can't be perfect. My plan is to eat slow and actually know when I'm full instead of having to be rolled out of there.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
9.gif

OK Red Team. DSister and her husband have an apple orchard, I make the donuts. I have been so good between yesterday and today I made 3 batches and I have not eaten a one!:yay: I ignored the candy, the fudge, as well as any and all baked goods. Took home some apples and peaches and will snack on one of them instead! I drank 40 ounces of water so far today have not eaten yet but will for lunch. It is a good day.:goodvibes

Good morning Red Team!!

How did yesterday go? I am still not with the program yet (I'm sure that is not a shocker). I am not committed yet (although I probably should be committed, but that is another story). I did water and did not eat after 8. 4 f &v (only 1 short), woe was not perfect and I did not exercise and have no excuse for that. The scale looks good so far, just think how much better it would be if I would try even harder.

Question of the day
What type of fish do you cook and how do you cook it?

Me first - Yesterday I bought a bag of frozen flounder fillets from Sam's. They are individually wrapped. I just finished a similar type bag of talapia. I am not a cook at all so that's why I'd like your ideas on cooking fish. The last talapia I prepared turned out nicely. I dipped each fillet in butter and then dipped them in breadcrumbs mixed with powdered grated parmesean cheese. MMM they were good.

Team Trivia

Congratualtions to winniedapooh (Michelle) yesterdays only response. She correctly identified longsX3 (Kelly) living in Okinawa, Japan and sadeeyore (Linda) in Nottinghampshire, UK as our global Team Red members living outside of the US and Canada.

Lets try something different today for team trivia. Everyone needs to answer todays question.

Do you work full time or part time, inside or outside the home, or are you a SAHM (stay at home Mom)? And yes I know that SAHM is also a full time job! How does your employment situation affect your weight loss efforts.

Me first - I work part time in the home trying to keep the office straight for my husband's electrical contracting business. He has been in business for 27 years and right now business in booming. The freedom I have sometimes helps and sometimes hurts my weight loss efforts. I can plan my day to fit my needs. I can exercise when I want. I can drink water all day because I am usually near a bathroom (I have a bladder the size of a pea or is that pee?). I have access to healthy food in the kitchen. The downside is that the unhealthy food in the kitchen usually calls my name throughout the day. I am learning how to just say no. Why is that unhealthy food EVEN in my kitchen you ask. DH is the answer. If he wants chips, he gets chips, if he wants junk food, he gets junk food. Sometimes I think I need some of that stuff too, but now I am trying to avoid it.

Red Team, I know we can successfully make it through the weekend. We have worked too hard already to blow it now. Keep up the exercise, keep up the healthy eating. We need to buckle down and stick with the program so we can blow the other teams away at our first weigh in.

Hopefully I can stop in and chat later today, but I have an office project that must be completed this weekend for DH so I'm not sure how much free time I will have. I have burning questions that I need answered by you.

Have a healthy day.

Red Team Rules!!

Hi Guys!
To answer the question of the day: I work parttime as an RN and i babysit my dear neice age 3 along with my DD age 3. I also have DD age 11. I just dropped her off for basketball practice and i am quite the chauffeur these days with her dance classes and sports. I definitely feel that i am having a harder time with my weight since i quit working fulltime. When i am at work i do great with eating, its only when i get home that i tend to snack. I also took a peek at the scale and was motivated!! Even a little loss gets me so pumped to keep eatingr right.

Congratulations to Winniedapooh :cheer2: .

Just one thing, I am Helen, not Linda :teeth: .

dare2dream your fish recipe sounds yummy. I hardly ever cook fish, really should eat it more as I know it's good for you.

I'm a SAHM, although both of my boys are in school. Actually I don't stay home often during the day :rotfl: . Meeting up with friends for coffee can last most of the school day :laughing: . I do try to spend a day at home a week to do laundry :laundy: and housework.

I am feeling really positive about this challenge. We went to visit MIL this morning and I didn't eat any junk food afterwards :yay: I have stayed on plan all day (it's nearly 6:00 pm here). Visiting her is really stressful and I always need junk food or candy afterwards. So I am feeling really proud of myself for staying on plan :cloud9: .

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :cheer2:

QOTD: I pretty much don't cook fish at home, but mostly because I don't know how. So tuna or pre-cooked frozen shrimp is my at home fish! But I do like fish and generally just eat it out. Love talipia and orange roughy and I KNOW these should be easy to prepare at home. Oh no, now I think I'll need Chili's cedar plank talapia for my meal out this weekend!

Team Trivia: I work full time at a TV station and there is ALWAYS some kind of food around (bagles, pastries and cakes...not helpfull when you are doing low carb!). We do have fresh friut (usually apples and bananas) delivered once a week, so I grab a couple of those. We have a kitchen that has full sized fridge, microwave and toaster over, so bringing and heating meals from home is no problem...IF I'd just pack my lunch! We also have a gym with treadmills and recumbant bikes, some weights and some mondo-massive looking piece of equipment I have no idea how to use. So, I've no excuse not to hit the treadmill when my pool time is gone. Though I'm very busy at work, I ALWAYS take a lunch break, so I can't use work pressures as an excuse for grazing the vending machine as a meal. ;)

QOTD: I cook tilapia on my george foreman grill.

Team Trivia: I don't work. I have some medical issues which hinder my being able to work right now. I do volunteer work for Hadassah

Type of fish...I hate fish, I am also an etremely picky eater which does not help diet wise. I am working to be better though.

QOTD: I work FT outside of the home as a therapist. I work with clients who all have had some sort of trauma, little ones all the way to adults. I sit alot which was not bad until I began school again in late 2004. I am almost done a PhD promgram, just passed comps and am on to dissertation :yay:. This has led me to do even more sitting than I used to do. I have computer butt-body...I also have had 7 knee surgeries since 2003 and am onto my 8th this Thursday, this brings my total into the teens. This has impeded how much walking or swimming I can do. Even with 5 DCherubs living at home, DH has picked up a lot of what I used to do to help me with school. I am so ready for this challenge!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

I use a mccormick dry seasoning ( California Style Lemon Pepper with Garlic & Onion ) and olive oil, I let it marinade for about 5-10 minutes then put on grill.

totd: this past week i was in limbo. i just started grad school and had not been able to go to the lab i will be rotating with in the fall, so i ate mostly at home, since my class was in the morning. this coming week i will officially have a rotation lab for the fall and i'll probably be eating there. i usually bring my lunch and eat it in the lunch room, but last year i was grabbing food at our student center food court more than i should have. this year i have decided to only bring a lunch and eat out maybe once a week with my boyfriend, who is also on campus. it will be a nice treat to see him. every monday we are required to attend seminar where they serve pizza, but i'm determined to only eat one slice, regardless of how much i want to eat more.

Do you work full time or part time, inside or outside the home, or are you a SAHM (stay at home Mom)? And yes I know that SAHM is also a full time job! How does your employment situation affect your weight loss efforts.

I work full time out side the home. I work in a grocery store that has a huge takeout cafe too. Take out cafe has pizza, subs, asian wokery buffet, and a palce called Charlie the Butcher where you can get hand carved roast beef sandwiches (and roasted turkey and lots of other good things). I blame our market cafe for half of my weight gain. So now I bring my own lunch everyday. I also have no set work schedule since I do the training for the store. That means I can be working anywhere from 7am -midnight (but only 8 hour shifts). When I work a 1-9 shift it just throws off all meals because you eat at weird times. Making my own lunch allows me to stay within my points range for the day.

Oh yeah..I don't cook fish either. NOT a favortie of mine. If DH wants fish he gets a fish fry.

Fish? No. Never. No fish. :sick:

I was a SAHM for 11 years. Went back to work as a temp & worked at one place for 5 months where all they did was bring in treats. And the official place to put the treats to share? You've got it. Right beside MY desk.

I left there just over 3 months ago, and now have a perm job that I love that is still sitting at a desk all day (I'm in finance...not much other choice than being at a desk!), but I'm travelling by train/subway so I'm doing lots of fast walking that I haven't for a LONG time. I've lost 5 lbs since I started there (not much), but my pants are all loose so I know I'm exchanging some fat for muscle.

I really thought I'd lose weight pretty easily when I went back to work...no quick access to the kitchen. It hasn't worked out, though (and I do pack my lunch every day).

Have a nice Sunday!

OK Red Team. DSister and her husband have an apple orchard, I make the donuts. I have been so good between yesterday and today I made 3 batches and I have not eaten a one!:yay: I ignored the candy, the fudge, as well as any and all baked goods. Took home some apples and peaches and will snack on one of them instead! I drank 40 ounces of water so far today have not eaten yet but will for lunch. It is a good day.:goodvibes

winniedapooh - is it an apple orchard that is open to the public? We are looking for a new place to go apple picking. I assume the donuts are cider donuts and have cinnamon sugar on them? You can feel the coolness in the air, the leaves are turning....its time for apples!

I've been stressed at work this week. Not to mention the week ahead and three employee reviews to write as well. I've only been back from vacation two weeks and need another.

I didn't even answer my own question of the day: Guilty pleasure is coffee each day. I get it from Mary Lou's a local chain. They have various brewed flavors like Milk Chocolate Almond, Snickers, etc. You don't need to add anything to them to get the flavor. But I add milk and sugar, they usually put three or four spoons, I just get two. I wasn't much of a coffee drinker until May or so.

Breakfast - depends on the day. Healthy one is two slices of WW bread, egg over easy/medium. Usually I grab coffee, special K bar (90 calories) and either strawberries, apple or orange.

Fish - Well lets just say we aren't friends. I am allergic to most, crab being the worst. For years we grew up going out on the boat. We had lobster traps and we fished. So every summer it was fish just about everyday. And my mother was one of those, everyone ate what she made and cleaned their plates.

One good thing is I have started to get the water in my body again. I am drinking probably close to 100 ounces a day now. They say you are supposed to drink 1/2 your weight in water a day......can't remember which they said that though.

Happy Saturday Night!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter