BL 3 --Red team week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there team how is everyone doing????

I am doing OK so far.....have cut back on my pepsi but haven't cut it out completely yet but am working on it.

I actually brought my lunch to work today....I never do that. I have a cajun chicken wrap, celery and grapes......yummy!!!!!!

Hope you all have a successfull day

Kim

GOOD MORNING RED TEAM

I am doing really well so far. I am trying to drink all my water before noon and it seems to be working. I really hate water but I know it is much better than the two 2-L of diet coke I usually drink in a day. :eek: That was way out of control. I have exercised the last two days at the gym and it really felt good. Now this morning I awoke with such a stiff neck. I must have slept wrong. Of course my chiropractor is in Arizona golfing.

My guilty pleasure is ice cream. I could eat it every day and for most of the summer we have had ice cream at least three times a week. My girls think that they need ice cream after every practice and they practice four or five times a week.

Have a great day everyone. We can all do this together.

Hey team-mates, check this out:

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/index.php?v=nbunbcnowbglall&pagemax=all

I think I'll get a red mug and the notebook for writing down my daily food and exercise!

Question of the day: I don't really have a DAILEY guilty pleasure, though a piece of Dove dark chocolate is consumed a few days a week. I kind of go in cycles with my guilty pleasures. When I was doing WW it was the 'ice cream' cone at McDonalds...had them several times a week during that summer.

Have a great day everyone!

My guilty pleasure is ice cream - preferably Ben & Jerry's Ice cream, but the flavor varies depending on my mood.
So far, I'm doing really way staying on track. I'm drinking my water, I'm eating lean meats and veggies, staying away from carbs, and have been swimming every day. I was going to start off with walking, but am having a toe issue that is making it difficult to wear any footwear so decided to swap to swimming for the first week. It's not the same work out as a power walk, but I figure it's important to set the time aside, and to be doing something that's moving so I can get in the habit of it.

Thursday, September 6 Question of the Day...
What's your GUILTY PLEASURE
?

Mine would have to be a reallllllllly :drinking1 cold beer & fresh popcorn popcorn:: . I loooove my carbs!

agnes!

My guilty pleasure is popcorn from the movie theatre. It has been so long since I have dieted or watched what I eat I am scaring myself :scared1: and do not want to eat anything which is not good. We are going out to dinner in a few minutes and I am going to try and be abnormally good. :goodvibes

Popping in to let you know I WISH you all well as you are taking on the challenge! Go for it Red Team!

:yay: :cheer2:

My guilty pleasure is popscicles and not the sugar free kind either. I also have been drinking white tea with peach by Turkey Hill. It is diet so it has the aspartame in it...but it has just the right touch of sweetness to it and white tea is supposed to be very good for you.

Now today was a not so good day for me. I have been taking my lunch (usually a Smart Ones dinner, either fruit or salad and a FF yogurt) Today I had my lunch with me and then I get the phone call from DD telling me that my other DD was working late and now she had no way to get to work (we work at the same place) so my lunch break came a bit earlier than I planned and since I was driving I couldn't cook my dinner and by the time I got back my lunch break would be over....so I went to the McDonalds drivethru. I have to say it tasted really good! But it is the first time in about 1 month that I ate that stuff and I got a coke instead of water. I haven't had Pepsi in 1 month! Well, my stomach is paying for it big time tonight. No more fast food for me, the tummy can't handle it anymore.

Usually when I have a bad day I run and hide. Life happens and some days it just is not possible to be 100% on program. Today was that type of day for me. DH and I were on the road for 4 hours tonight. I did not get in my exercise or 5 f & v (only 3) today. In looking back I realize that if I planned my day better I could have accomplished these things. I need to exercise in the morning before the day gets crazy. I need to plan on ways to get in the f & v. I did do my water today, but ate after 8 and woe was not as good as it could have been. For dinner at a fast food place I had the chicken sandwich instead of a burger and I had no fries. That was a good choice.

Nancy,
It's OK to slip sometimes, this is life. The important thing is to work hard tomorrow to make up for the not the best choices today. I know you can be successful with Weight Watchers.
Is your April WDW trip just you and DH? I'm trying to convince DH we need to do that but he thinks WDW is for kids. I did drag him to DL in 2005 and we had a good time. If I am successful with losing weight I'm going to WDW with or without him.
Grandbabies are great fun. My one and only,Kyler (8 months), was here with his family in July and all I wanted to do was watch him. He is so amazing. I love him so much and want to be the fun grandma that he can play with and have lots of fun with.
I got my associates in accounting in May. I can't decide if I want to go further. I got very comfortable at the local CC, the big university scares me right now so I'm not taking any classes now. Hopefully a nice weight loss will help me gain some confidence to continue with my education. Are you taking any classes now?
I know this challenge can help us develop the healthy habits we need to continue our weight loss jouneys. It's not just a diet designed to help us shed the pounds, it's a lifestyle change to help us think about and react differently to food.

DH is snoring sitting in front of his computer. We have two desks in the office and a computer for each of us. I can DIS while he visits his electrical online forums. He's an electrician. We went to two jobs this evening. It was a long night and he has to start early in the morning. I am off to throw the laundry in the dryer and hop into bed.

Tomorrow I will do better with my program. I am the team captain after all and I need to motivate and inspire my team. I wish, you all motivate and inspire me. I just wish we could get more team members involved here. I'd like to chat and learn more about everyone.

Sweet dreams Losers!!

Yes, the trip in April is just me and DH. It is going to be a combo 50th BD and 23rd anniversary trip for us. We haven't been to Disney solo since the kids were born and my oldest is 19. Lat time we went there solo there were just 2 parks and we actually stayed in Daytona for a week and drove to WDW 2 days.

I have already gotten over my "bad " day. I know it was beyond my control and tomorrow I will be back on track. Only problem is we are going up to Toronto to see Genesis so I need to watch my alcohol intake.:rotfl: ;) Light beer only! Actually 2 is my limit so I can handle that.

Now if I could just get up the energy to start to exercise again I think I could make lots of progress. THAT is my biggest problem. I hate to sweat and I hate to exercise.

How did yesterday go? I am still not with the program yet. I am very proud of how some of you are doing. Cut back on the soda, and eventually try to cut it out completely. I am not much of soda drinker. Usually one can a week as a special treat. Water is so much better for you. I like my water cold, so I use lots of ice cubes. Today is the day I commit. I will get out my food journal and really eat right. It's the start of the weekend, and things can really get crazy here then so I need to get my act together.

Question of the Day

What do you have for a healthy breakfast?

me first - 8 oz skim milk, 1 scrambled egg or egg beater, 2 slices turkey bacon and a fruit. Yummm, making me hungry!

Team Trivia

Congratulations to bvcprincess(Ann Marie) the first correct response and winniedapooh(Michelle) the other correct response. Thanks for participating. Our Canadian team members (that have identified themselves as such) are CindyCan, maryliz, jimmduck (Linda), and Hockeychic (Kim). Any others? please let us know.

Todays question is name the other two team members that have checked in living outside the US and list what country they are living in right now. The WISH Red Team is global, how cool.

Funny story. I graduated in May from a local CC. Classes have started up again there and I met a friend yesterday there to borrow a book. We met in the media center that has no books, only about 30 computers for student use with free printer access. As a student I would often print out research material and class assignments for free at school. While I was there yesterday I decided to print out our red team thread. Mind you this is a no no because the printers are for official school use only. (Yes, I was bad). Well I have that printer really humming (30 pages worth). I decide I better pack up and get out before the library police nab me. As the last page spits out of the printer the head librarian walks by and notices my pile of papers. She hands me my stuff from the printer and I grab it and leave before she can look at it and question me about it's merit as official school research. I don't think I will try that again.

Now that I have everything printed there are several comments I would like to respond to later today, so check in I may want to talk to you.

All 31 members of our team have weighed in. Our starting weight is 6887.3 pounds. That number will be much lower next week. I have been instructed that we will post each week each participants % of weight lost and a team % of weight lost. We will not be posting a # of pounds lost and a cumulative total, that is for you to track.

Well, Red team, have a great day. Stop by to check in and just say hi. We care about you and need your input on our thread. Be healthy today.

Red Team Rocks!!

Because of the work that I do, I sit A LOT at it, as well as finishing up a PhD program---yay I passed my comprehensive exams (found out 2 days ago) and am onto dissertation---I try not to eat a ton. I found myself being a grazer in between clients. So for breakfast I have been having either an oats and honey granola bar-1 then and 1 mid morning for snack, 3 peanut butter crackers then and 3 for mid morning snack, or a piece of fruit. It has worked well for me for 3 weeks.

I am going to use this space as journal for me of sorts and am hoping others have some suggestions if they have experienced this. TIA

Yesterday was tough for me I am not going to lie. I had a busy day and did not have anything after mid-morning snack until 6:30 PM last night for dinner. (I did get in 64 ounces of water though) DH took me and 3 of the 5 DCherubs out for dinner. I got so scared :scared1: at the restaurant. Wanted to order it all and a part of me wanted to order nothing. It was a very very scary feeling for me. There was popcorn and crackers and cheese on the table. I ate popcorn, my weakness, 1 kernel at a time slowly and had about 15 or so. For dinner I had ordered a combo 6 oz. steak, 6 oz. grilled bbq chicken, and baked potatoe with butter. I had diet soda which I have only had twice in 3weeks and it was gross sweet. I ate 1/4 of the steak, 1/4 of the chicken, and the insides of the potatoe with butter. I will admit my stomach was overfull and I was very sick last night after eating all of that. It also scared me because I do NOT know how to order when I go out to eat. I will need to research this. Thanks for listening.

I started out good today.

I had 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with 1 % milk (I just can't stand skim milk) The Go Lean Crunch has 8 grams of fiber in 1 cup and since it is very crunchy it takes a while to eat. It does keep you satisfied too...nust be all the fiber in it.

I also have my big glass of white tea by me. White tea is loaded with anti-oxidants and is good for and I like the taste nuch better than green tea.

Question of the Day

What do you have for a healthy breakfast?

Team Trivia

Well, Red team, have a great day. Stop by to check in and just say hi. We care about you and need your input on our thread. Be healthy today.

Red Team Rocks!!

:wave: Morning Red Team!!!

I used to be one of those breakfast skippers but since I have been eating a brekkie of lean proteins, I tend to binge less, later in the day. :thumbsup2 I don't have time to eat before I take the kids to school so I usually have something at work. I will have an over easy egg with a piece of lean steak. Again, it's the carbs that kill me so I have to stick with the proteins.

. I ate popcorn, my weakness, 1 kernel at a time slowly and had about 15 or so. .

This is something you should be PROUD of. Eating a favorite food with such a degree of control is great. Don't we all usually eat popcorn like this guy popcorn:: in hyper-drive! Menu ordering takes a bit of practice if you don't eat out a lot. But grilled meats and steamed veggies are always a good place to start. NEVER be afraid to ask your waiter for substitutions and grill them on how things are prepared. Remember....you can always order an extra side of veggies too!

I used to be one of those breakfast skippers but since I have been eating a brekkie of lean proteins, I tend to binge less, later in the day. :thumbsup2 I don't have time to eat before I take the kids to school so I usually have something at work. I will have an over easy egg with a piece of lean steak. Again, it's the carbs that kill me so I have to stick with the proteins.

::yes:: Same here, a bit of protein (especially if there is a little fat involved, like a piece of cheese or an egg) really holds me for a long time. When I have cereal for breakfast, I'm STARVING at 10:30 :confused3 I sort of 'flip' my meals. Lunch type food for Breakfast, Dinner food at lunchtime, and breakfast at Dinner. I really like having my biggest meal of the day mid-day and because I work a little late and exercise at the end of the day (at least for the rest of the hot months) I need a lighter meal that late in the evening, usually with some carbs.

So to answer the QOTD: breakfast for me can be a boiled egg, a hunk of cheese or whatever protein is left over in the fridge!

Yesterday was a total loss for me. Had to help DH put up hay all day and had to eat on the fly. My sister purchased 2 pizzas for us for dinner ( pizza is another big downfall for me ) and then my parents brought over 2 more pizzas for us, so that I wouldn't have to worry about feeding the kids. I am totally thankful for that, but I will eat all the leftovers! I hate to waste things, and I get tired of cooking all the time, so when I can have something that I only need to reheat, well let's just say that I don't have to have my arm twisted to do so!:thumbsup2

I didn't have time to walk/run on the tread. All I got done was putting up hay,picked up 4 dd from school, taking one DD to cheerleading practice, picking up one from her volleyball game, giving baths, doing homework, and getting them ready for bed. I took my bath and went to bed.Maybe I will get my workout tomorrow.

Yesterday was a good diet day for me until i got off of work! We had tickets to Playhouse Disney Live and ended up stopping at a Mexican restaurant!! I ate more than i should have but definitely not as much as i would have before. My Mom and i shared 2 appetizers and chips (I looovvvee chips and salsa so there was no way i could resist). I think it was good to get the "eating out" thing out of the way before the weekend because now i am more motivated to be sensible the next few days. Today, so far so good!:)

...by Brian Wansink, Ph.D. WOW, what a great book. Very simple to understand, it is all about how and why and why we eat, the subtitle is "Why We Eat More than We Think We Eat". Full of great easy strategies. I picked it up at Barnes & Noble (had to buy some reading books yesterday for DD).

They even have something called the National Mindless Eating Challenge, which would be probably be a good fit for many of us WISH'ers. Doesn't cost a thing and run by the Cornell (University) Brand and Food Lab. I don't think I can post a link here, go ahead and Google the subject.

This is the main thing I remember so far:
The Power of Three
If you make just 3 small, 100 calorie changes(that you do every day), BY THE END OF A YEAR YOU COULD BE 30 POUNDS LIGHTER!!!

I want to be Lighter, how about you :teeth:?
agnes!

Hi RED TEAM :cheer2:

Question of the day

I usually skip breakfast :blush: , I know I shouldn't but I often just don't get time to eat first thing or just don't feel hungry. I am shopping tonight and have decided I will get something in for breakfast that I like and is healthy.

I had a tooth out on Tuesday and hadn't really been feeling like eating anyway. Been feeling much better today, met DH for lunch as my boys are both in school from today. Didn't make good choices for lunch, but will make up for it tonight with something healthy.

Hope everyone is having a great day :wave:

. All I got done was putting up hay,picked up 4 dd from school, taking one DD to cheerleading practice, picking up one from her volleyball game, giving baths, doing homework, and getting them ready for bed. I took my bath and went to bed.Maybe I will get my workout tomorrow.

Well, I remember putting up hay, I can't think of a better work-out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter