BL 3 --Red team week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Red Team,

I'm glad we will be working together during the WISH Biggest Loser Challenge.

Please PM or email me with your starting weight by midnight EST tonight. Email is brenda@kbelectric.biz. Remember that number will only be seen by me.

Good luck with your healthy eating and exercise today. I am already sipping my water.

Stop by and introduce yourself. Welcome aboard.

Woo Hoo, I'm a RED!

I'll be PM'ing my weight to you in a second. (as soon as I can get my fingers to actually type it in!)

Hello Red team! I'm excited that we're all in this together. We can do it and get rid of these pounds once and for all!

Morning RED team! Can't wait to get to know all of you and get this challenge started!

Woo Hoo! This should be great motivation! I have to worn you all that my weight has not budged in a couple of weeks so I am hoping to mix things up & recharge my weight loss!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on the red team. I've PM'd my starting weight, I'm drinking my water bottle and trying to find my sneakers so I can start walking ( I think they're under the couch) I'm anxious to start and committed to complete it :)

Good Luck to everyone!!!!!!!

Greetings fellow RED team members! I'm Mary-Liz, from London Ontario Canada. I've been away from the WISH board for over 2 years and gained back almost all of the weight I lost while training for the 2005 Inaugural WISH 1/2 Marathon.

I have 2 sisters that are on the Blue team ... so I'm planning on our team blowing them away in this competition. :thumbsup2

My first goal ... back to Onederland.

Brenda ... I've pm'd you my starting weight.

I look forward to getting to know all of you ... a big Hello to Jackie, who was also part of our WISH team 2005. :love:

Hey everyone!! I'm Kimberly and am new to the WISH board. I know that I need to make some lifestyle changes and am hoping that I can do that here.

Brenda I emailed you my weight. I took a walk this morning....one mile and am sipping my water. I feel like I am off to a good start.

Good Luck everyone.

Hi, everyone. As my screen name says my name is Nancy. I'm doing Weight Watchers and I'm hoping between this and there that I will have some decent losses. I've been averaging about 2 pounds a week on WW. (I'm down 8.2 pounds since I started back there).

We're going to WDW in April so I need to lose this weight so I can walk around the parks without the huffing and puffing that I do now.

Onderland sounds like a perfect goal for me to hit for WDW!

I, too, am fairly new to the WISH board and am Canadian (at least two Cunucks on the red team - yeah!)

I am really looking forward to this journey and to the encouragement.

I cannot get my weight until tonite when I go to the gym (great motivation to go - lol) and then I will forward it on, captain lady, if someone wants to explain how to send a PM on this board (sorry, I am the world's worst technodolt).

I really love the show and cannot wait until tonight's episode - because it deals with folks who are now living in the real world where people have jobs, families and lives and don't have time to work out four hours a day.

I'll be sure to check in everyday, and know that, with support from each other, we can reach our goals.

Right now, I am sipping water and eating a clementine. No time like the present to be healthy...

Linda

:donald: :tinker: :mickeyjum

RED TEAM ROCKS!!!!

I'd like to ask each of you to try to get a "before" picture taken. We can post before and after photos at the end of the competition if you want. It is not required. A photo would be good for you to have to document your success as the BIGGEST LOSER.

We have a team of 28 and 11 have checked in with their initial weights. I hope to hear from everyone else some time today.

Let's do some introductions.
#1 some general info about you
#2 why are you taking this challenge?
#3 what healthy eating plan will you use to reach your weight loss goals?
#4 what type of exercise are you doing and for how long each day?

A little about me
#1 I live in MD 1/2 hour from the Atlantic Ocean. I'm 48, married 27 years, three kids, DD26, DS25, & DS22. DD married and in PR at an engineering firm in Seattle, WA. DS25 is a middle school teacher in Colorado Springs, CO and father to my only grandchild Kyler 8 months. DS22 taking a few online classes right now from home, returning to college at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT in January. I graduated in May from a local CC with an associates degree in accounting. Right now I am working for my husband's business trying to keep the office straight. He is a self employed electrician with two employees one of them being DS. Business is booming and fortunately I do not have to work full time outside of the home right now. Unfortunately that also means we have no medical insurance and that worries me. It is hard to get affordable coverage as a small business.

#2 I have gained and lost the same 25 pounds several times since I was diagnosed with type II diabetes in 2004. I am morbidly obese and have 170 pounds to lose. I could write a book here but will not. I have poured my heart out at the beginning of the MASSIVE amounts of weight to lose if you really want some details. When I had a horrible eating time I disappeared from the thread. I have extremely low self esteem. I think being part of this challenge will help me to be accountable to the team. I do better trying to impress other people than by trying to do things that I know I need to do for me.

My major reason to get in gear RIGHT NOW is that DS22 will be married November 30. I hated my mother of the bride dress in 2003. It made me feel fat. I wore the same thing as mother of the groom in 2005. I refuse to wear that ugly dress to another wedding. I get to dance with the groom, my baby, and I want to feel fabulous that day. I KNOW I can lose 50 pounds by the wedding date. 7 are gone already.

#3 Right now anything is an improvement. My five goals each day are:
1. drink 64 ounces of water
2. exercise 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week
3. eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables
4. stick to my WOE
5. do not eat after 8 PM

WOE (way of eating) is Dr Phil's rapid quick start program. Low carb, lots of f & v, lean protien, low fat.

#4 I really hate to exercise, but as my goal #2 above states I will do it. My exercise method is to turn on the TV and just move my fat *** for 30 minutes. It's not much, it's not difficult or challenging, but I hate it.

That's all for now. I haven't even had a chance to eat breakfast yet. I'm now off for a healthy 'brunch'. I hope your day goes well.

Linda,

If you click on the persons screen name above the avatar it will give you the option to send a PM to them. I'm not sure with your post count if you can send PM's yet. If I'm not mistaken you have to be above a certain number to send/receive PM's.

You can of course click on the e-mail link in our captains first post to send her an e-mail instead if the PM doesn't work.

BTW, I live across the border from Ontario and visit there a lot!

Ok here goes.

1. My name is my screen name, not too original I guess. I've been married 22 years and have 3 daughters aged 19 almost 18 and 14 1/2 years of age. I work in a grocery store as a trainer but od a lot of other things when I'm not training the cashiers. I've been there 16 years. I juat got my associates degree in business management at 49 years of age. AND my plan is to go on to get my bachelors degree in Human Resource Management.

2. I'm taking on this challenge as some extra motivation and to have some fun while doing this weight loss journey. My DH and I are going to WDW without children for the first itme ever and I really want to be a whole lot skinnier than I am now. BUT mainly I am concerned for my health, the older you get the more you realize how prcious life is. My DH's boss dropped dead of a massive heart attack a few weeks ago and he was just 52 years old, not that much older than me! I decided that I want to be here to see my daughters walk down the aisle, I want to see them have their families and I want to hold granbabies in my arms. IF I continue on the path I'm on that will not happen, I'll either be too sick or not here anymore. THAT in itself is a grat motivator, but I've been down the path before, lost 45 pounds and then gained it all back. NOW, I know I can do it but I need to continue with it and keep it off.

3. I'm doing Weight Watchers and counting my points. It worked for me before so I'm sticking with it. So far with the program I am down 8.2 pounds.:woohoo:

4. Right now I'm not exercising too much. I walk a lot at work (I wear a pedometer and get in over 10,000 steps a day), but I know I need to do a bit more cardio and toning exercises too. Hopefully I will be able to add those into my daily routine soon.

Yaaa I am on the red team!!!!

I just PM'd my starting weight.

General info about me....hummmm. Well I am 41, I have been married for 20 years and have 2 teenagers 18 and 15. I work full time outside of the home for a insurance company.

I am taking this challenge to kick start my weightloss again, I lost 40 pds at the beginning of the year but have gainned back 10. So I have a total of about 20 - 30 to lose. I am currently training for my first 1/2 marathon at the end of Sept and would like to not be carrying around this extra weight. I am also training for the Disney 1/2 and T0T race.

As for food, I am doing what worked for me last time. Cutting out my pepsi addiction, and eatting more fruit and veggies and complex carbs only....goodbye white stuff:headache:

Exercise is mostly the walking I am doing in preparation for my 1/2 marathon training but I am trying to get in some weights but I train for my 1/5 5 days a week and some of the walks can take a few hours so it doesn't leave much time right now.

I look forward to getting to know you all and helping support you all in your efforts for a healthier lifestyle.

Kim

HI Red Team. I'm Ann Marie and I live in Marysville, MI. Only a few min. to Canada. I work casual as a nurse in an emergency room a few times a month. I am homeschooling my girls who are 8 and 10. It has been a real challenge but all of us seem to like it and the girls are really learning. My girls are really into gymnastics and are on a competitive team. My dh is the fire chief here in town. We are always busy and seem to eat out quite a bit. That does not help with loosing weight.

I am taking this challenge in order to become healthy. I am at my highest weight ever and I don't like it. We are going to Disney Nov 28 and I hope by then my clothes don't fit. I do really well when I am in a challenge. I am a very competitive person so this challenge is for me.

My plan is to drink at least 64 0z of water a day (did I mention I hate water) and eat smaller portions and healthier foods. I plan on eating at home more and having less junk around the house. I also am not going to eat after 8 pm. My husband and I usually have something while watching TV almost every night.

I joined a 24 hour gym a few months ago and I have started using it. I plan on having my dh take the girls to gymnastics and I will go and work out. I plan on working out at least 4 times a week. I know that I can do this.

#1 some general info about you I'm a SAHM and for the first time both my kids will be in school all day. I have a stork rental biz I run with my MIL. :thumbsup2

#2 why are you taking this challenge? I want to go back to WDW in May as a thin woman! :banana:

#3 what healthy eating plan will you use to reach your weight loss goals? I will probably use the WW guidelines

#4 what type of exercise are you doing and for how long each day? Treadmill 3x week for 40 minutes, weight training 3x a week for about 45 minutes, some Tae Bo thrown in for good measure ;)

1. O.K. Here Goes My name is Thresa I have been a long time lurker of the Dis, and the wish forums. I am a 36 year old single mom of DS12. I am a general manager of a fast food restaurant. I live in Michigan, as I have for my whole life.

2. I am taking this challenge to try to get healthy I am way overweight and I want to be aroung to see my son graduate, get married, have kids etc.etc.

3. I am using the weight watchers plan and counting points.

4. Right now I am walking 3 times a week. I am thinking about joining Curves or Fit Zone, once the weather gets colder and I will not want to walk in the snow.

Good luck to all! I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you.

1. Hi everyone! My name is Val and I am 27 years old and live in Northern VA and work in DC. But, I'm very excited b/c I'm moving back to my hometown of Richmond, VA at the end of the week to start a new job! I was part of Disney's college program in 2002 and enjoyed every second of it and love taking trips back to visit as often as possible.

2. I'm trying to lose approximately 20 pounds that I've put on over this last year. My weight gain is a combination of a medicine that caused me to gain (that I'm no longer on), plus poor eating choices. I'm ready to work really hard to burn off these pounds! I'm especially motivated b/c none of my fall clothes will fit if I don't - they are all from before I gained weight.

3. I am going to follow Weight Watchers. I've been following their program off and on since college and have always had good results. I just need to stick with it. I don't attend the meetings - just do it on my own. Although, I did see something on my new company's website about WW at work, so I may join that.

4. Luckily for me, I love to work out. It's the eating that is my issue. I really like to run, go to the gym, and lift weights. I also have over 60 exercise videos (mostly The Firm and Cathe) which I have collected over the last decade. I try to work out 5 days a week and shoot for at least 30 minutes to an hour.

Hi everyone :wave:

I'm Helen, I live in Nottinghamshire in the UK. I am 41, I've been married for nearly 20 years. We have two boys. DS16 has type 1 diabetes, and DS11 has autism, learning disability and ADHD. I am a SAHM - although boys are in school all day so I just do as I please :rotfl: .

I really need a challenge like this to focus me. I used to visit WISH quite a lot, but when I started to put weight back on I stopped visiting. I "met" my WISH buddy about three years ago, we are still in regular contact. It was my WISH buddy who suggested we take part in this challenge.
I really need to lose lots of lbs and get healthy - mainly to run after DS11 :laughing: .

My plan is to eat healthy, trying to keep to around 1200 calories and try to drink more water.

We have a home gym machine, and a treadmill. I will aim for at least 30minutes exercise a day.

I haven't done much today, it was DS11 first day back to school after his summer break. I had to have a tooth out this morning, so I don't feel like exercising. I've only had water to drink all day and a small bowl of soup for tea. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

Goodluck to everyone :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter