BitBelt For Magic Bands

firemanfrank3

Earning My Ears
Is it true the Magic Bands 2.0 can come apart and you should buy “ Bit Belts” a piece of sliicone band to keep from falling off your wrist?

I've never had a problem and I've ridden all the rides and gone swimming with mine on. My 5 year old nephew did fine too. Stayed on...well...stayed on until he decided it made his arm hot and started ripping it off. :)

I’ve heard other people mention having issues with the bands coming off.

I’ve never had an issue, and I even wear my watch on the same wrist, and wear them all the time, in the pool, in the room etc. I also have a ten year old nephew that’s been wearing the bands since they were introduced, and he’s never lost one either.

With the version 1 magic band I had mine catch on stuff and come apart. It happened only a couple times and only to me in my party. Since I was a little paranoid about losing my version 2 band on a later trip, I used one my daughter's small hairbands as a bit belt.

Both kinds of MB come off me and my mom I use my AP slider to keep mine on my mom uses a rubber band to keep her on

I have numerous old ones and new ones and have never, not once had any of them come off. I did take the puck out of one of the new ones and put it on a carabiner but just because it was fun to have that option.

I've never had a problem with them coming off. However, a cheap elastic hair tie wrapped around the band is an insurance that it won't. I wouldn't buy a 'device' for it.

The only time it came off me was when my toddler yanked it off. It has a pretty good seal.

I had version 1 come off on Mission Space Orange once. I realized it was not on my wrist within about 10 minutes of leaving the ride and hightailed it back. I was directed up the exit corridor where a couple of CMs were. One had a collection of bands that had come off including mine (thank goodness for names on there - it made me think twice about just using a Disney character name or even my real name which is common).

I could not say if version 2 would come off on it because ever since then I take my magic band off as soon as I am past the tapstiles and put it in my pocket or bag until after the ride. Better safe than sorry! (And I refuse to pay money for something to hold it on when taking it off and putting it back on is free and simple.)

Neither hubby or I have ever had them even start to come off. Not saying it can't happen, just never has to us.

We've lost one, caught a few ..............
We tried the Disney sliders but they are decorative
Disney sliders are also thicker and sitting at joint uncomfortable
We have BITBELTS on all our MB
I bought about a dozen of the glow in the dark ones
They are very reasonable and I'd rather spend than go through hassle of loss
And I have some special ones I wear I don't want to lose
They work great, are thin and comfortable

Attachments

• 79735B62-11D4-4511-85F7-648A005A2F1E.jpeg
    79735B62-11D4-4511-85F7-648A005A2F1E.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 42
DS (adult) lost one of the old ones.
DH had one of the new ones come off.....never had a problem with the old ones
I used AP or DVC slides on the old style because I liked them. The bands never came off.
I have been using a caribiner for the new pucks because I think the bands are too big and I like the caribiners

I have both versions of magic bands.
I've never had one fall off.
I think a lot of times people experience problems because they did not ensure the nubs were securely in the holes.
There have been a couple times where I think its on and then i let go and it pops open so I know that I didn't do it properly. Once its on I can tug on it and it does not come off and when I want to take it off its actually a bit more tough than one would expect.

I used AP or DVC slides on the old style because I liked them. The bands never came off.
I have been using a caribiner for the new pucks because I think the bands are too big and I like the caribiners

I just bought a carabiner magic keeper for my sister and I to try.
We'll put a puck in from a previous trip plus have our new magic bands and we'll see which we prefer.
I think the Mickey ear magic keeper is adorable but I don't care for that style of clip.

I so agree. I used a caribiner last time and loved it. It removed the MB from my wrist and made it so easy to swipe for any needed use of the MB. But i used the ones that Disney provided and the caribiner is very cheap. I will use my own next time.

I so agree. I used a caribiner last time and loved it. It removed the MB from my wrist and made it so easy to swipe for any needed use of the MB. But i used the ones that Disney provided and the caribiner is very cheap. I will use my own next time.

Yeah I did notice how cheap the whole thing is.
I bet the mouse head one is better made.
So it was easier to successfully tap Mickey to Mickey with the magic keeper than the magic band?
I find that sometimes if my wrist isn't held up at just the right angle it doesn't sit flat and recognize that it.
I feel like it will be much easier to hold the magic keeper flat against the Mickey head.
Plus I wear a fitbit and can't wear them on the same hand and don't want something on both wrists.

I think the Mickey ear magic keeper is adorable but I don't care for that style of clip.
I attached my Mickey ear magic keeper to a carabiner style badge reel. Easy to clip to a belt loop or my bag and will reach to whatever I need to tap, since it's on a reel. Works great!

I have had my MBs fall off quite a few times, and I couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed it catches when i get kids in and out of the stroller or when I pick them up and carry them on my hip, and that seemed to be the main cause! I did notice version 1 seemed to be a little worse, but it could also be other variables. Luckily I never lost one of mine, but once I did get lucky and a CM near the stroller parking saw me looking around and had it. Now I have one of my sons who seems to lose his all the time. Once we got it back, once we didn't. I use our AP slider to hold it on now, and have gotten used to always making sure it's over both ends to actually hold it on and not just be decorative. That really helps. I do it with mine as well, and haven't had it come off as much even with strollers and lifting kids etc. I think a bitbelt looks similar to this, so i assume it would work as well.

Out of all our trips, none of us have ever had the MB come off, either style. What are you all doing that makes them come off? (Besides putting kids in and out of strollers :) )

Yeah I did notice how cheap the whole thing is.
I bet the mouse head one is better made.
So it was easier to successfully tap Mickey to Mickey with the magic keeper than the magic band?
I find that sometimes if my wrist isn't held up at just the right angle it doesn't sit flat and recognize that it.
I feel like it will be much easier to hold the magic keeper flat against the Mickey head.
Plus I wear a fitbit and can't wear them on the same hand and don't want something on both wrists.

Yes i find the caribiner easier to use and i have the same wrist challenges i have a fit bit and I am still a watch wearer so my wrists are used up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter