• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthdays and AP's

BCV2002

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey, Chicago, what do ya s
Do you get anything special (besides getting into the parks for free) for your birthday if you have an annual pass? How does that work?

I received a gift card to be used on merchandise only (no food or drinks). This was in august so I do not remember the amount.
It was fun to free shop on my Bday :)

I'm not sure if the program continues after the first of the year, but in place of "get in free on your birthday" I chose a fun card which is basically a gift card to buy Disney merchandise. Its good for a year. I have to admit that I dithered so much about what to buy that I still have mine from September. I'll spend it in January!

i read the gift card is equal to what a 1 day admission would cost. "are we there yet; not much longer now.":yay:

The program ends Dec. 31st 2009

If you are going to be at the park on your actual Birthday, bring proof of your birthday - drivers license, etc. - if you need to bring a birth certificate, it needs to be the certified original - and go to the designated Will Call ticket booth at the 4 parks or TTC.

If you already have a valid, multi-day ticket (like an AP), you can opt for one of the alternate choice - a Birthday Fastpass, a merchandise "Fun Card", or a delayed 1-day admission ticket usable up until your next birthday.

You can pre-register for your birthday and save a few moments, but it is not required.

More info here.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info! My DM's bday is on Dec. 30 and we all have AP's so she'll be happy to hear this info. Thanks again!!

One more question:

If you opt to get the gift card for merchandise, can you still get the Birthday Fastpass, too, or is it one or another?

TIA

One difference between choosing the merch card and the Birthday Fastpass is that with the latter, everyone in your group gets one (up to an advertised maximum of six, although plenty have reported getting more if needed) so your whole group can benefit, although whether it is necessary on any given day depends on the crowd level.

In the gift card's favor, it can be used any time after you receive it - it is not restricted to be used only on your birthday.

One difference between choosing the merch card and the Birthday Fastpass is that with the latter, everyone in your group gets one (up to an advertised maximum of six, although plenty have reported getting more if needed) so your whole group can benefit, although whether it is necessary on any given day depends on the crowd level.

In the gift card's favor, it can be used any time after you receive it - it is not restricted to be used only on your birthday.
i could care less about my group... they can fend for themselves, stop riding my birthday coattails...

i'd use it for the GC so I can buy things I'd not normally do... OR, like I did this year, upgrade it to a seasonal pass.

i could care less about my group... they can fend for themselves, stop riding my birthday coattails...

i'd use it for the GC so I can buy things I'd not normally do... OR, like I did this year, upgrade it to a seasonal pass.

:lmao: I opted for the GC too. I normally don't buy myself souvies so I used my birthday card to get me some goodies. There are restrictions on what the GC can be used for. I don't remember them all but I do remember that it says that it can't be used for food, other GC, tickets, or non-Disney stores like Rainforest Cafe Retail, Basin, etc. The CM that helped me get the card said that as long as it has a balance on it it doesn't expire. We got back on Friday and I think I have a whole $2 left on it. :)

Thanks everyone! DM will be happy to hear the info. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter