Birthday Question

KAMLEM

DIS Veteran
We are surprising my soon to be 5 year old with a trip to Disney for her birthday. Her birthday is 8/9 but we won't be going until 8/19. Any suggestions on something special we can do even though her "real" birthday will have passed by the time we get there?

My sons 9th birthday was in May - we're not going to Disney till October. At his relatives party I gave him guest of honor badge, pressed penny book, character pen, EpCot passport individually wrapped and then put inside Gifts of a Lifetime box which I also wrapped - all in Mickey wrapping paper. Then I gave him a Disney birthday card which had $50 Disney dollars in it.

imgoingtodisney-

That would be great except that it's a surprise. Also, this is her third trip so she already has some of these things. I'll use this suggestion for my niece and nephew, though. We are taking them for their first trip next May so I could give them these for Christmas. What is a Gifts of a Lifetime box?

I was trying to think of something I could do while we are there. I don't want to lie and say that it's her birthday when her actual birthday has passed and I really couldn't think of anything else.

You don't have to lie. You are just celebrating her birthday on a different day. Due to my travel schedule for work I have to work around birthday parties all the time.

I would definately do a character meal and tell them it is to celebrate her birthday. I would treat the day like her birthday. Let the resort know you're celebrating a b-day and get her a birthday pin to wear. Birthdays don't always have to be celebrated on the actual day. At home, we often celebrate a b-day a week or so after the actual day.

What we are going to do for our kids- well with any luck we will be down there for our twins bday.. But not our sons. His bday is Dec 31st. So just as Christmas is always in your heart. So is birthdays.
We are going to just CELEBRATE early for him. Just celebrate it- and say it's a belated birthday.. No one will care if it was a week or two before the trip.

Thanks, everyone! I just hope that my 7 year old doesn't feel too left out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter