• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday Dinner Suggestions

toothdoc

Earning My Ears
:cool1: My family and I will be in the world in June '07. My wife's B'day will occur while there. Have three kids age 7,4 and 2. 7 - 5th trip, 4- 4th trip and 2 - 3rd trip. I request suggestions: Do we make a reservation with the family or use the Neverland club (we will be staying at Polynesian) and make it an adult night out. Any input as to suggestions on which restuarant and adult or family would help. Also any special ideas for birthday celebration are appreciated.

Here's what I would want --

I would like you to take the kids by yourself over to the Magic Kingdom for a few hours in the late afternoon, while I go to the Grand Floridian Spa for a pedicure and a massage.

Then, I'd like to meet up with you guys back at the room, and I'll go take the kids down to the Neverland Club while you change.

Then, I'll come back and change, and we'll take the monorail over to the California Grill at the Contemporary or Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian for dinner. Well, maybe Citrico's or Vicotoria & Albert's would be ok too! :goodvibes

Of course, if it was *really* me, then reality would set in and I'd probably not spend that much money.

Ginny, you gave me some suggestions I had not though of. I guess I get to focused on theme parks. Staying on the monorail loop, but using the restuarants available are an excellent idea. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know if the Neverland club will watch a 2.5 year old. Thanks in advance for all the help.

I just took my Mom to Narcoossee's for her birthday, and they had a personalized menu for her, which was a nice touch. I think there are a few other restaurants that will do that, so you might inquire when you make your reservation. Also, if you time your reservation right, you can watch fireworks from the restaurant.

Ginny, you gave me some suggestions I had not though of. I guess I get to focused on theme parks. Staying on the monorail loop, but using the restuarants available are an excellent idea. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know if the Neverland club will watch a 2.5 year old. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Oops, I'm sorry, I didn't check your children's ages. No, the toddler will not be able to go, children must be 4 years or older *and* completely potty trained, ie independent in the bathroom (workers cannot go in to help them).

Your next best option is to call the Fairy Godmothers or Kids Night Out, there's information on them and reviews at http://allearsnet.com/pl/childfaq.htm

I think it depends on your wife. Celebrating my birthday wouldn't be the same without my kids but because I work during the day, I don't see them except evenings/weekends/vacations. My sister, on the other hand, is a stay at home mom and I think would appreciate a break without her kids. When we celebrated my birthday, we did the Hoop-de-Doo Review and had a great time (even though we had all seen it before). For my daughter's 13th birthday, we had dinner at Le Cellier in Epcot and it was outstanding BUT my one year old wasn't feeling well and DH stayed back with her so I can't speak for the experience of taking a smaller child there. That being said, I'm sure whatever you do, she will be tickled pink. After all, she is celebrating her b-day in WDW and what could be better than that??? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter