Birthday Celebration

ChrisL186

Chris
Hi all, my wife and I will be travelling to Anaheim late September, staying at the Magestic Garden Hotel. Does anybody know if I can walk to Disneyland from there? I’ve looked on google maps and it does route a walking map but are there sidewalks, and is it safe? Or would we be better getting an Uber?

My other question is I’ll be celebrating my birthday while we are there? So does anybody has any good suggestions for restaurants in the area (doesn’t have to be on Disney property) I’d be very grateful for any input, Thanks

I haven't done that exact walk before. But I've walked around the area quite a bit. It feels quite safe and straightforward to me. I would check it out on Google Street View to see for yourself. Here's link to a part of the walk that even includes an image of some pedestrians enjoying the walk. The Street View images are from January of this year. So they are pretty current relative to ongoing construction and street paths.
As for a birthday celebration, it may depend on your expected price range. For a higher-end celebration, I would recommend Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel. I love their ribeye. And their 24-Layer chocolate cake is a really fun way to share a dessert. Although, they will also likely treat you to a smaller complimentary birthday cake (not of the 24-layer variety) if you make sure they know it is your birthday.
For a simpler, but still very nice experience, I would recommend Carnation Cafe in Disneyland Park.
Have a great time!

Last edited:
I think Majestic Gardens also has its own free shuttle to disneyland. One of the few left.

How to walk to Disneyland from Motels north of Mickey and Friends?

This thread has instructions for walking to the M&F tram from the hotels in the area of Ball Rd. and Disneyland Dr. (right where the Majestic Garden is located). We've walked from there many times -- if you have no mobility issues, it is not a problem. And security/bag check at M&F is usually very quick.

This link has information, too: Walking From Ball Rd Hotel.

As for restaurants, what kind of food do you like/want for your birthday celebration? Would you like to do a dining package so you would get dinner and a show?

I haven't done that exact walk before. But I've walked around the area quite a bit. It feels
I haven't done that exact walk before. But I've walked around the area quite a bit. It feels quite safe and straightforward to me. I would check it out on Google Street View to see for yourself. Here's link to a part of the walk that even includes an image of some pedestrians enjoying the walk. The Street View images are from January of this year. So they are pretty current relative to ongoing construction and street paths.
As for a birthday celebration, it may depend on your expected price range. For a higher-end celebration, I would recommend Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel. I love their ribeye. And their 24-Layer chocolate cake is a really fun way to share a dessert. Although, they will also likely treat you to a smaller complimentary birthday cake (not of the 24-layer variety) if you make sure they know it is your birthday.
For a simpler, but still very nice experience, I would recommend Carnation Cafe in Disneyland Park.
Have a great time!

Thanks, I will definitely check out Steakhouse 55

How to walk to Disneyland from Motels north of Mickey and Friends?

This thread has instructions for walking to the M&F tram from the hotels in the area of Ball Rd. and Disneyland Dr. (right where the Majestic Garden is located). We've walked from there many times -- if you have no mobility issues, it is not a problem. And security/bag check at M&F is usually very quick.

This link has information, too: Walking From Ball Rd Hotel.

As for restaurants, what kind of food do you like/want for your birthday celebration? Would you like to do a dining package so you would get dinner and a show?

Thanks for the link, as for restaurants when we travel to Florida, some of our favourite restaurants to visit are The Outback, Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang’s... and a few independent ones. But as it’s a special birthday was just thinking out getting some recommendations of somewhere new

Well, there are Cheescake Factory and PF Chang's within walking distance to the parks (at GardenWalk on Katella, https://anaheimgardenwalk.com), should the craving strike. For finer dining on site, you have Napa Rose (California wine country style) in the GCH -- you might like the Chef's Counter for a special meal -- or Steakhouse 55 in the DLH. There are fun restaurants in DTD: The Jazz Kitchen has live music downstairs and fun people watching from the upstairs balcony, Catal has fireworks views from the upstairs balcony if you time your meal right, etc. You can find the menus for DLR dining here (Menus) and at the DLR website. And there are dining packages available for F! in DL and PTN in DCA. If you want to see F!, the dining packages have the best viewing sections, plus you get a meal to boot. For PTN, the CCR dining package is the nicest -- you get a nice meal at CCR, then parade viewing in director's chairs, right in front of the restaurant. If you dine on site, make sure to note that it will be your birthday when you make your reservation! And don't forget to get your free birthday button (at City Hall, Chamber of Commerce, most shops, some CMs, etc.) to wear on your special day!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter