Birthday Celebration on Board

Moon Child

On a Permanent Vacation
hello there :)

We are sailing on our very first cruise with Disney in 9 days !!
It's to celebrate my hubby's 50th bday

When I spoke with DCL on the phone , I told them this and they said the Sat night we will be on board
that they will bring out a little cake for him
Does anyone know what the charge for this will be? I forgot to ask
Thanks!!

The free thing is not really a cake but a little single-serve chocolate mousse type thing.

If you want actual cake, the cake is a paid thing you have to pre-order through gifts and amenties no less than three days before sailing.

The free thing is not really a cake but a little single-serve chocolate mousse type thing.

If you want actual cake, the cake is a paid thing you have to pre-order through gifts and amenties no less than three days before sailing.

Thank You :)

hello there :)

We are sailing on our very first cruise with Disney in 9 days !!
It's to celebrate my hubby's 50th bday

When I spoke with DCL on the phone , I told them this and they said the Sat night we will be on board
that they will bring out a little cake for him
Does anyone know what the charge for this will be? I forgot to ask
Thanks!!

You can pre order a cake via Gifts and Amenities. Cakes need to be ordered no later than 7 days before boarding and vary in price depending on size and type. You CAN get one on board that will be generic chocolate at GS that will cost 30.00 and will not be personalized. You can also request it be sent to either your dining assignment or to your cabin on a specific day. So if his actual birthday is Tuesday, you can request it be delievered during your dinner time or to your cabin when you know you will be there.
Here is the link to go shopping for not only cakes but other surprises you can order.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/in-room-gifts-and-shopping/

My husband and I just celebrated our 50th birthdays on the Disney Dream. His was June and mine was August. They do a great job, but definitely remind them and get a button for him at GS too!

Actually, cakes need to be ordered 7 days prior. Other G&A can be ordered 3 days though. I found this out because I waited until 5 days before sailing to order a cake for my husbands 50th birthday. I ended up getting one on the ship via GS.

Actually, cakes need to be ordered 7 days prior. Other G&A can be ordered 3 days though. I found this out because I waited until 5 days before sailing to order a cake for my husbands 50th birthday. I ended up getting one on the ship via GS.

Gotvha. Good to know.

We got a cake for our 9yo. It was nice to select cake/frosting type etc. we ordered a few weeks ahead. No candles are allowed on the cake, but our cake was decorated with chocolate shavings, fresh fruit, and a white chocolate rectangle with writing on it. Cake tasted very good. By choice, we got it on last night (her bday was disembark day), however, if you ordered it for an earlier night in the cruise, you could take it back to your room to enjoy it later/next day.

Of note, we chose "marble" cake, but got chocolate. We did not complain as cake was good, it was last night, and she was happy. Also, just in case they were to sprinkle some "pixie dust" for a kids cake - like adding a character image or using character colors, I did indicate on the form what her favorite character was. However, there wasn't any theming done to the cake. Again, this was fine - daughter didn't know I added the note on the form and was not expecting anything additional.

Just to give you an idea of possible scenarios regarding cakes and delivery/taste options I am going to give you our experiences with 3 cakes in the last few months. :)

June: Husbands 50th birthday I had to get the one on board that was what I call chocolate overload cake. Chocolate was the only option available and I snagged it. I requested it be delivered to the table on his actual birthday which was June 1st on our 4 night Dream cruise that disembarked on June 3rd. I figured this gave us 2 days to take it back to the cabin and eat it. Well, hubby decided to head back to the cabin after dinner and did not share this with me and the kids. So the serving team is all set with the cake, ready to sing Happy Birthday and no husband. YIKES! So the very next night,they delivered the cake to dinner right after we finished. We, unfortunately, could not finish the cake as it was late seating and we could not take it off the ship the next morning. But the servers did a great job of remembering and presenting.

September 16th: My 50th birthday cruise (delayed by a few weeks) My husband ordered me a cake in enough time for it to be personalized with the white chocolate scroll, flavor etc. It was a vanilla cake with fruit, chocolate shavings etc. Total surprise for me and evidently the servers who he had to remind to bring it to the table. :) . Thankfully, we had table mates to share with AND he had it brought out the first night of the 3 night cruise so plenty of time to eat it.
September 24th on the Fantasy: Daughters 15th birthday celebration happened on the 28th. I ordered it ahead of time (yes, I learned my lesson there) and got a marble cake with vanilla buttercream icing, fruit etc. It was delivered promptly as I requested by our awesome servers with a song and fireworks (long story but our Head Server Harry was amazing at sound effects) The cake was awesome and we were able to share it with some friends on that sailing so again, it did not get wasted.

So, there you go. Learn from my mistake and order it at least 7 days prior to sailing to pick the flavors and get what you want. The order form has space for all the information on how you want it presented and when. Remind your servers at the earliest opportunity to confirm it with them.
Then sit back and enjoy. It is truly good cake. :)

birthday mousse royal court fantasy 2014  20140 P1030283 1500.jpg

We were on the Dream for my sons 5th birthday this past August and ordered a cake from them...I believe it was around $50. I think you have to order it a week out...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 30
We are cruising on the Wonder in February for my son's 11th birthday and I wanted to have the stateroom decorated and do a cake at dinner the first night (actual night of his birthday)
Is having the stateroom decorated worth it?

We are cruising on the Wonder in February for my son's 11th birthday and I wanted to have the stateroom decorated and do a cake at dinner the first night (actual night of his birthday)

I did this for my husbands birthday and have since used the decorations for my daughters birthday as well. They pack well to go home and you can reuse them.

I did this for my husbands birthday and have since used the decorations for my daughters birthday as well. They pack well to go home and you can reuse them.

Do you have any photos of the decorations in the room?

My son's bday is the week after our cruise. Is it ok to order a cake for him, do you think??

No, I am sorry, I don't have any. But they were very well done and sturdy! The picture frame is very cute too.

My son's bday is the week after our cruise. Is it ok to order a cake for him, do you think??

Yes. My birthday was August 26th, but we did not sail until September 16th. I am ordering one for my son's birthday but for our next Dream cruise which is going to be December 2nd. :)
And make sure you put it on the reservation too so he can get a button and folks can say happy birthday to him.

Don't leave your cake in your fridge accidentally. Told (but don't remember that on my first cruise, celebrating my dad and my birthdays) my family left a birthday cake in our fridge

Don't leave your cake in your fridge accidentally. Told (but don't remember that on my first cruise, celebrating my dad and my birthdays) my family left a birthday cake in our fridge
Well, you couldn't take it off the ship with you at any rate. But, you didn't get to eat it either, if you forgot about it entirely. (I mean it's not like there aren't all sorts of goodies for free onboard anyway).

We got the birthday decorations for our room...my son loved them and was so surprised. I told him Mickey knew it was his birthday trip and he came and decorated his room for him. Here's a picture although it's not the best...the frame that's included is really cute and good quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 33

Yes I definitely think it is! We got ours decorated for my son's birthday and he loved it...like a previous poster said too the decorations are good quality and can be used again. I think it's definitely worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter