Birthday Buttons

Maus79

Earning My Ears
We called this evening to make final payment and add enhancement reservations. When the CM asked about celebrations, I stated that my sister's birthday should already be noted on the reservation. She stated it wasn't, but would add it. She also stated that we could request a button at the park. I asked if these were still available at the resort, and was informed they no longer are. I'm hoping the CM was simply misinformed. I realize that it's a small thing, but little magical touches have always been my rationale for justifying Disney prices. Have others been able to get the buttons at AKL?

I would be shocked if Buttons are not still available at the Front Desk of all Resorts-I can't think of a reason why they would have discontinued doing it.

We're going in April for my son's 2nd birthday, the CM on the phone asked if we were celebrating anything and when I told him about my son's birthday, (without me having to ask) he made notes to include a birthday and 1st visit button for my son when we check-in. Maybe it's just luck of the draw with which CM you get?

Thanks for the prompt responses! Our trip isn't until the end of May, so I'm hoping this was just an error on her part.

I have a question about birthday buttons. I am travelling in September/October to celebrate my 30th birthday, which is in August. Due to work obligations I am not able to travel on my actual birthday, so I chose the time of year that I most wanted to visit --Halloween time! Is it still appropriate to ask for a birthday button? Should I just pick a single day to wear it? I've never done anything like this, so I'm a bit confused on the etiquette. We are also going to Universal and I hear they have celebration buttons as well.

I have a question about birthday buttons. I am travelling in September/October to celebrate my 30th birthday, which is in August. Due to work obligations I am not able to travel on my actual birthday, so I chose the time of year that I most wanted to visit --Halloween time! Is it still appropriate to ask for a birthday button? Should I just pick a single day to wear it? I've never done anything like this, so I'm a bit confused on the etiquette. We are also going to Universal and I hear they have celebration buttons as well.

My husband & I celebrated our 40th b-days at Disney 4 months after our actual b-days due to when we could take our vacation. We checked in saying we were celebrating our b-days. We didn't do anything big around our actual 40th because we knew we were doing the b-day trip. We wore ours the whole week!

There is no "rule" about when it is appropriate to wear the Birthday Buttons-it is up to the Guests and The Mouse does not consider anytime to be bad etiquette.:)

My husband & I celebrated our 40th b-days at Disney 4 months after our actual b-days due to when we could take our vacation. We checked in saying we were celebrating our b-days. We didn't do anything big around our actual 40th because we knew we were doing the b-day trip. We wore ours the whole week!

There is no "rule" about when it is appropriate to wear the Birthday Buttons-it is up to the Guests and The Mouse does not consider anytime to be bad etiquette.:)

Thanks to both of you! I am feeling a lot of feelings about my 30th birthday, so part of the reason for this trip is so that I can feel like a kid. I like birthdays, but I don't always love them, but I think the Disney magic will help me love this one. We've booked a lot of special things because it's my birthday trip (MNSSHP, Cake Decorating at Amorette's, a dessert party, and Return to Sleepy Hollow), plus we're doing a lot of TS/Signature restaurants. I'm really trying to make this special as it's likely a "once-in-a-lifetime" kind of trip.

We called this evening to make final payment and add enhancement reservations. When the CM asked about celebrations, I stated that my sister's birthday should already be noted on the reservation. She stated it wasn't, but would add it. She also stated that we could request a button at the park. I asked if these were still available at the resort, and was informed they no longer are. I'm hoping the CM was simply misinformed. I realize that it's a small thing, but little magical touches have always been my rationale for justifying Disney prices. Have others been able to get the buttons at AKL?
What is an “enhancement reservation “?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter