Birthday at Cali Grill

Disnerd6838

Mouseketeer
Would they be able to do anything "special" if i called ahead and let them know it's my fiance's birthday that day? Even if it's just a cupcake or whatever.

You can add the celebration to any or all of your ADRs, but it is up to the discretion of the restaurant to do anything special. We have experienced some pixie dust in the form of free desserts and a glass of bubbly for some special occasions, though we never expected that. If you want to order a cake for him, you can do so and the info is in the cake thread.

Maybe is the best answer

If you truly want something order it in advance. The cakes are not cheap but there are some amazing creations

We use any reason we can to justify a WDW trip, so birthdays are a great target for our trips. We celebrate. Anyway, we have had mixed results for these celebrations. For instance, my DGD turned 6 and we had a week long birthday party for her in WDW. That child wore her button everywhere! SOmetimes she was acknowledged with a birthday greeting, other times a cupcake. Sometimes nothing.

On my DH birthday, he had no idea that we were celebrating him that week, and was not at all comfortable being the center of attention, not even ours. The server heard us teasing him and the next thing you knwo the entire cast completed our meal by singing to him.

If you really want to celebrate, you should arrange what you want. If you want serendipity, see what happens. YOu just never knwo what will happen and if the staff is busy, odds are drastically reduced your fiancé will get even a cupcake. This is truely a pixie dust occurance, and not a promise.

I had my birthday dinner (actually on my bday) at Sanaa this week and even stopped by our hotel concierge to have them add it and it wasn't acknowledged in anyway. In years past, we would get a "who is celebrating a birthday?" by the host or waiter if nothing else (like any non-Disney restaurant would do).

If you want something, I would arrange it so you aren't wondering if they will do anything. The upside is that the Contemporary bakers create some stunning desserts - you could order one in advance and that would trigger the staff to recognize the bday.

We're celebrating my youngest daughter's 21st b'day at the CA Grill and I've ordered a cake through Cont private dining and I've ordered some balloons and flowers to by delivered by the Disney Florist. Perhaps you could do something like that?

I just had my birthday button on and was brought a slice of cake....yummy

Last month we celebrated our daughter's birthday at California Grill and it was her actual birthday so we arranged, and paid, for a cake to be delivered to the table; the cake was marvellous by the way. Apart from our waiter wishing her a happy birthday there was nothing free so I agree, if you are expecting Disney to make it special may be you should arrange, and pay, for something yourself.

The meal and service was brilliant by the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter