• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birnbaums

Leahmeicher

Mouseketeer
Anyone buy the birnbaum for kids? We never been to Disney and my older one is actually a little skiddish about rides I want her to research the rides before we go will this book help??

No, but I've paged through the Birnbaum for kids at the bookstore---it looks very nice, lots of info and details. I think it would help your older child a lot, it seems like a good read for kids. I have the big people's version and really like flipping through it, the jr. one seems to be in the same vein. Enjoy your trip and have fun!

We don't have kids so can't answer that part but we always buy the Birnbaum guide to either Disney World or Disneyland depending on which park we're going to that year.

You can also search for ride videos on YouTube. That might help her as well.

We bought it when our kids were younger and they loved it! We had them use it to pick things they wanted to do for each day we were there. Highly recommend it!

Never Force anyone to " Ride " any attraction

Watch .......... watch again .......... If NO ....... fine ..... no big deal someone stays with them .

Better to ALL have fun than some unhappiness & tears

Never Force anyone to " Ride " any attraction

Watch .......... watch again .......... If NO ....... fine ..... no big deal someone stays with them .

Better to ALL have fun than some unhappiness & tears
I am 32 and still never rode a coaster :0 I hope I can brace myself for some rides! And my oldest is becoming the same way

Lol- when my son was 5 (first trip to wdw) we got the birnbaums for kids. It was his favorite bedtime story book :)
Ah... memories...

Anytime I am apprehensive about a ride, I watch it on Youtube and then decide if I am brave enough.

I would suggest you request it from the library. My kids loved flipping through the travel books with color pictures and maps before our trips. Also, youtube videos really gave us a feel for what the kids were scared of...our youngest hates most dark rides but loves fast outdoor rides.

Definitely check your library before you buy the books. There are lots to choose from. Maybe seeing them all on the library shelf will be helpful
Youtube and Disney blogs are really great for researching, too. And they'll have the most up-to-date info.
The Hidden Mickey book is definitely worth buying, though! The paper copy is much easier to use in the parks than the digital download, imo.

I bought it for my boys before our trip last summer. They were 4 and 8 at the time and it really helped get them even more excited. They really felt part of the planning. I'd buy rather than borrow. It wasn't much money and they liked making notes and highlighting stuff they planned to see and do. They even looked at each section again the night before each park.

Yes, we bought it a couple years ago when my oldest was around 8. She loved it. It was on her reading level and had fun activities. Youtube videos of the rides gave us all the most realistic idea what the rides would be like. Honestly, your kiddo may come around on some of the rides but don't force anything too scary. Crying over rides isn't magical.....we know from experience

Yes, we bought it a couple years ago when my oldest was around 8. She loved it. It was on her reading level and had fun activities. Youtube videos of the rides gave us all the most realistic idea what the rides would be like. Honestly, your kiddo may come around on some of the rides but don't force anything too scary. Crying over rides isn't magical.....we know from experience

Yes - except sometimes there’s no prepping for the unexpected. My eldest DD cried on a ride when she was 3. She handled Thunder Run & pirates & others no problem — the problem ride was Winnie-the-Pooh! :eek: For a child who lived in a fantasy world of her own, the woozles did her in. Uncontrollable sobs of fear. We laugh about it now (she’s 19) but with little ones, you just never know.;)

The Kids version is actually really good for kids to know what to expect. It has symbols to tell them if a ride is scary or dark, etc. If there are any that your child is on the fence about, they can also search youtube for full ride-through videos to see exactly what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter