• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birding at the fort

HOWDY, Timbo128

Best birding in the early morning. I keep my book and binoculars in the camper at all times. There are bald eagles nesting in the area and can be seen often fishing at Bay Lake. Decent number of owl, woodpecker, and water fowl (although I'm not sure I would count the duck and Ibis).

Any birdwatchers out there? How is the birding at the fort?

We put out melon seeds on our last trip in June and had several cardinals come in, they are much smaller than the ones up here. If we remember, next trip in December we are going to bring some seeds and see what we can bring in. There are a lot of birds at FW that differ from what we have up here, in June there was an occupied eagles nest on the East side of the park, just East of the Meadows area, out in the woods.
I will have to bring my big book next trip.

Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter