Binge-Worthy TV show

For those of you who loved "Afterlife" (myself included), you might like "Derek". It stars Ricky Gervais in a much different role, but has some of the same cast from Afterlife, as well as Ted Lasso.

Severance on Apple+ is pretty interesting -check it out....

Manifest (Netflix). Plane disappears, shows up 5 years later, people on board haven't aged at all and have no idea they were gone. It ended on a massive cliffhanger at the end of Season 3, was cancelled, and was then picked up by Netflix. First three seasons are available now, Season 4 is coming in November.

Our bingeworthy shows are:

The Great British Baking Show. It is so addicting that I even watch reruns:)
IMO, the copy cat ones in Canada and the US aren't as good.
Jack Reacher
The New Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter. The book was excellent.
Bosch on Prime
Merlin
Thanks OP for the great thread!
I forgot to add a favorite of ours: All Creatures Great and Small on PBS!

Last edited:

ok, can someone explain the British baking show? I keep hearing how wonderful it is. Isn't it just like the 674,096 cooking shows out there? Is it just a cooking competition? People bake things, things get judged by a panel, winner is announced? What am I missing?

ok, can someone explain the British baking show? I keep hearing how wonderful it is. Isn't it just like the 674,096 cooking shows out there? Is it just a cooking competition? People bake things, things get judged by a panel, winner is announced? What am I missing?
I'm confused about this too. I've caught a few episodes and found them enjoyable enough, but I think I'm missing what makes the show binge worthy.

Basically. But the contestants are always extremely endearing and since they're all making the same things, I find it interesting and educational. There's also the fact that they're completing for nothing more than the glory and an etched crystal cake plate. :lovestruc You kind of just need to watch it see - it's really greater than the sum of its parts.

Hi Anniemae: I will try to explain why I love it, and my husband too:)
The way the show is set up, you get to know the 12 contestants over 10 weeks. You pick your favorites. The judges are great and fair. They have 2 comedians who liven it up and they are super funny. They interact with the contestants.
I guess what I love is that they All Get Along. They help each other and continue with friendships after the show.They are kind to each other and funny too. There is no petty bickering or rudeness that you can get on US shows. I get tired of seeing the attitudes and snarkiness of the US shows, and I live here. It is refreshing to watch this show, fun to see who wins, and fun to see the interaction of everyone. The Canadian one and all the US ones don't give it any competition. Give it a try:)

Hi Anniemae: I will try to explain why I love it, and my husband too:)
The way the show is set up, you get to know the 12 contestants over 10 weeks. You pick your favorites. The judges are great and fair. They have 2 comedians who liven it up and they are super funny. They interact with the contestants.
I guess what I love is that they All Get Along. They help each other and continue with friendships after the show.They are kind to each other and funny too. There is no petty bickering or rudeness that you can get on US shows. I get tired of seeing the attitudes and snarkiness of the US shows, and I live here. It is refreshing to watch this show, fun to see who wins, and fun to see the interaction of everyone. The Canadian one and all the US ones don't give it any competition. Give it a try:)

that makes sense. I thought each competition was all wrapped up in each episode so there would be different people in each episode, I didn't know it was 10 week of the same people. I will try it!

that makes sense. I thought each competition was all wrapped up in each episode so there would be different people in each episode, I didn't know it was 10 week of the same people. I will try it!

I think the fact that people don't get a big reward for winning is good too. They get a bouquet of flowers and a glass cake plate. It's hard to explain the good feeling I get by watching the kindness of everyone. Sure the judging can be a bit harsh, but it is a competition, and when there is a harsh review, the other judge always says something kind. I have watched enough of our TV shows like this and I don't like all the meanness, and bickering,, and attitudes they display. I guess they get better ratings if they are that way. It's a turn off for me. Although the GBBS seems to be wildly popular in the UK and here too.

The only things I've every baked are biscuits in a tin and frozen pizza. And I don't like reality contest shows. But DW loves this show, I started sitting with her and surfing the net while it was on and totally got sucked in. The hosts are funny and nice, the contestants are sweet and it's interesting to see what they make and who does well. I really enjoy it, and as I type this I realize I still don't quite know why. It's just nice.

The only things I've every baked are biscuits in a tin and frozen pizza. And I don't like reality contest shows. But DW loves this show, I started sitting with her and surfing the net while it was on and totally got sucked in. The hosts are funny and nice, the contestants are sweet and it's interesting to see what they make and who does well. I really enjoy it, and as I type this I realize I still don't quite know why. It's just nice.
LOL, I was just telling my husband that it's hard to explain just why we love that show:) My husband got hooked too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter