Billy Hill & the Hillbillies / Cars Pre-Parade

Sherlee

Mouseketeer
Neither of these are on the October calendar for the dates we are there. Have they been discontinued?

You aren't missing too much if Cars Pre-Parade is gone. Basically, it's a 5 minute deal where they have Lightning and Mater drive by, with a few dancing people dressed like race car drivers. That's it.

I'll have to see if I can include a picture. it's cute, but not a "must see"

The cars pre parade is over- but there's a Cars meet N greet every day in DCA- just ask at guest services or check your show times to see when- they are over across from the Golden Dreams, near the water. My girls LOVED meeting them!

9644015d.jpg

1afd4311.jpg

1000th happy haunt said:
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies have been converted into one of the pirate bands that now preform at Disneyland.

The above information is false...

http://www.jansworld.net/thebillys/pirate_band.htm
Was a special event is not on the DL entertainment schedule

The Hillbillies have been given the month (Sept) off while the GH is under refurb and it's kitchen is being cleaned and changed (rumor has it... to serve ice cream exclusively), according to an Entertainment CM and a few Billies fan sites.

The Billies former haunt during GH refurbs, Big Thunder Ranch, is being decorated for Halloween so that venue as a Billies option was out.

The Cars pre-parade promotion is over and the Cars just come out a few times a day now for a Meet & Greet ( :rolleyes: ) in front of the Golden Screams theater, and then the Cars drive back thru the parade gate in Paradise Pier about 15 or 20 minutes later.

It is fun though... the Cars characters look really good! :)

Are you sure the Cars pre-parade is over? I just checked the Disney calendar today and it still had this listed on the weekends. (Though I think it had been listed on weekdays and no longer is.)

Here's the scoop on the Billys --at least as much as I or any of the fans know at this point (in other words--anything management has told them, we know): They have 1 week off (unpaid, unfortunately) and then will be in rehearsals for the next few weeks. When they're returning exactly to perform, we don't know as apparently management is being a bit tight lipped on this (hopefully when I see their last day tomorrow we'll find something out). They have done a pirate band thing though (the Blue team has--not the other two teams)--just not performing in the park (except for the POTC 2 premiere). They performed for the midnight showing of Pirates 2 when it came out, at the premiere last June and at an event at the DL hotel. When the Blue teamed performed at the OC Marketplace last month, they did a Pirate Medly and they were really good--better than the pirate bands in the park, even though they were in their hillbilly garb.

Oh, and while the Golden Horseshoe is indeed adding ice cream to the menu, my understanding from the CMs in there is that they're also keeping the old menu as well. The ice cream will be at one end of the bar and the regular menu at the other. My guess is the ice cream will be at the end where the sink is that they use to wash the trays is.

Thanks for the info... :)

Unfortunately, tomorrow is a lot of lasts, at Disneyland. :sad2:

And it's going to be ragingly hot. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter