Bill Gates Getting Divorced

I think that many people that choose to stay together in unhappy marriages do so for financial reasons or cultural beliefs. The Gate's certainly have enough money to divorce.

I am sad. Although I didn't exactly run in the same circles, I lived close enough in the late 80's to know people who knew people who knew them. I was in about the same age group, was single then married at about the same time, had kids approx. in that age group, etc. From everything I heard back then, they were very "normal" for their circumstances.

They certainly have appeared committed to their causes, their family, and seemingly to each other all these years. I can't imagine the life they've led navigating that level of fame and wealth, then hitting that life changing empty nest stage right at the same time as dealing with a global pandemic. Though my guess is that this was in the works long before the pandemic since they don't seem the type to jump ship without a lot of forethought.

I was sad to hear this as I would be for any couple. I’m a romantic at heart and like to believe in happily ever after. But of course, we don’t know what goes on in anyone else’s marriage and it’s not my business nor my place to judge. They deserve privacy, and I wish them and their children all the best.

What is surprising is how long they stayed married. People like him can be hard to live with.
From what I’ve heard, much of it has to do with Bill being a workaholic and admittedly having a hard time balancing work and family. From the beginning, apparently he knew it would be a challenge, as did she, but they chose to join forces. I admire Bill for his drive and generosity, but can understand how regularly working 16+ hour days leaves little time for much else and can put a strain on personal relationships.

From what I’ve heard, much of it has to do with Bill being a workaholic and admittedly having a hard time balancing work and family. From the beginning, apparently he knew it would be a challenge, as did she, but they chose to join forces.

I also read that he traveled once a year to meet up with an old lover. And that Melinda agreed to this from the very beginning of the marriage.

He even asked this woman for her blessing to marry Melinda.

Odd. And not something I would marry into.

I also read that he traveled once a year to meet up with an old lover. And that Melinda agreed to this from the very beginning of the marriage.

Bill Gates has always been a strange guy. I watched his 60 Minutes interview where he wanted to do it at a cheap burger joint. There are rumors that he still clips coupons. Yet he’s got the largest house in Washington state and once bought a Porsche 959 that he lobbied to make legal to drive, but only after it sat in a customs warehouse for over a decade.

This surprises me. Bezos seemed like a bit of a jerk so no surprise on that split. However, Gates and his wife seemed like the real deal. Oh well. It happens. :sad1:
Did he ever give up his ex-girlfriend?

Yeah...this would be a dealbreaker for me.

What rock have I been living under? This is the first I’m hearing that Al and Tipper got divorced. That surprises me, too.

Back to the Gates. I don’t know what it is about that 25-35 years of marriage mark, but it sure seems like a lot of people in my circle get divorced around that time. The only thing I can think is that they stuck together until the kids got out of high school. Once the kids were out of the house they realized they had nothing in common anymore and couldn‘t contemplate spending the rest of their lives together.
True, the youngest just turned 18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter