Bikes and surreys

TTFNTigger

Mouseketeer
Can someone point me in the right direction or give me current information about bike and surrey rentals at Fort Wilderness? I can only seem to find a price range for the bikes and that surreys are available.
What is the typical price for bike and small surrey rental?
Are they by hour/day/stay?
Is there parking at various places for them and how to you secure them, say you rode it to the boat dock to go to MK?
How hard are the surreys to pedal?
(I was considering a golf cart, but we have a teen with a permit only and I just don’t want the argument about her not being able to drive it while we’re there. Plus I think I only need fun transportation for one evening as this is a short trip)
Thanks in advance!

Can someone point me in the right direction or give me current information about bike and surrey rentals at Fort Wilderness? I can only seem to find a price range for the bikes and that surreys are available.
What is the typical price for bike and small surrey rental?
Are they by hour/day/stay?
Is there parking at various places for them and how to you secure them, say you rode it to the boat dock to go to MK?
How hard are the surreys to pedal?
(I was considering a golf cart, but we have a teen with a permit only and I just don’t want the argument about her not being able to drive it while we’re there. Plus I think I only need fun transportation for one evening as this is a short trip)
Thanks in advance!

There are no surrey rentals at the Fort. And the bike rental policy is lame which is a shame since the Fort is such a great place to ride bikes (that you bring from home and thus have for the length of your stay - or rent from an off-site vendor).

They used to have surrey rentals at Wilderness Lodge and they could ride those up the paved Exercise Trail to the Fort area but the ET was torn up to put utilities under the ground and it has not been restored. IMO they are hard to pedal but I don't know if WL still rents them to ride around their grounds.

Bikes can be rented at the FW Bike Barn between the Meadow Trading Post and the Campfire area for about $11/hr or $20 a day. Bikes cannot be kept overnight - they must be rented every morning and returned before the Bike Barn closes every night. They do provide helmets.

We have a pic of the rates in our pinned INFO thread which may or may not be the most current. See post #14.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/

I don't know about bike locks - you can call the Bike Barn and ask. 407-824-1147 (post #12 from link above).

Bama Ed

PS - I believe Disney does surrey rentals over at Port Orleans with bike/paved paths between Riverside and French Quarter and around both resorts. If you/DD want the surrey experience, that's where I would recommend going. Whether you end up enjoying it or not, you will have an actual experience with one to base your opinion on.

Last edited:
Thanks! Bummer there isn’t an option for a 24 hour+ bike or surrey rental. Was hoping it would be a good alternative to renting a golf cart. Looks like we’ll be taking the bus or walking.

Thanks! Bummer there isn’t an option for a 24 hour+ bike or surrey rental. Was hoping it would be a good alternative to renting a golf cart. Looks like we’ll be taking the bus or walking.
1. Too great of a liability for Disney to rent overnight.
2. If riding in dark and a car hits you, DIZ can be held at fault.
3. Same thing if riding off the path and crashing in daarkness.
4. If you ride your own bike at night, it is your fault, not theirs.

5. Night bike rides could provide life-time employment for attorneys.
6. Nothing like lawyers to shut down activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter