Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

We got power back while I was on my way back from the DR.

Got news on DS's leg. Not quite a fracture but on it's way to being one so she was scheduling a referral with the ortho as we were leaving the DR office. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow.

Pamela, love the hair!! It was about that length when we met at WDW right?

pjlla said:
Crazy super quiet here!

Anyhow.... here are a few photos of today's hair event.

Pre-cut hair.... crazy too long!

In the chair, preparing to "do the deed"

Too late to turn back now!

It is done!

Short hair (well... short for me any how!).... a bit too short if you ask me!

No good pictures from the front after the cut.... oh well........P

It looks great! I have been growing mine to donate since Dec 2010 and it is not nearly as long as yours. Getting to the point that it has to go but I don't want it too short. Good for you for getting it done!

We got power back while I was on my way back from the DR.

Got news on DS's leg. Not quite a fracture but on it's way to being one so she was scheduling a referral with the ortho as we were leaving the DR office. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow.

My guess would be he is heading into 6+ week in a removable walking cast, but I don't even play a doctor on TV, so what do I know??!!;) Prayers for fast healing... start pumping in the calcium and vitamin D!! The hardest part is going to be his patience at obeying the doctor's orders.

Pamela, love the hair!! It was about that length when we met at WDW right?

Actually it was probably at least 4 inches longer last spring..... just about the length I really love it. I just keep reminding myself that it is only hair and it will grow.... QUICKLY, I hope! Thanks!

It looks great! I have been growing mine to donate since Dec 2010 and it is not nearly as long as yours. Getting to the point that it has to go but I don't want it too short. Good for you for getting it done!

I am not loving the length, as I have mentioned, but I actually know several folks affected by alopecia (DD has a friend and I have a co-worker and a student), so I KNOW I did the right thing.

Happy Halloween friends!! Hope everyone has a fun-filled day! Enjoy some scares, if that is your thing!

I am here working at the elementary school. Schedule will be crazy today to accomodate the Halloween parade and the various classroom parties, so I was lucky enough to have a few minutes near a computer this morning! I didn't have a costume ready and wasn't feeling like borrowing DD's Rapunzel costume from last year, after yesterday's haircut, so I threw on my favorite oversized Disney shirt, put on a few of my favorite Disney pins, my comfy dark wash jeans (part of my costume, of course :rolleyes1) and went as a Disney-lovin' fool! :lmao:

DD was feeling icky this morning (stomach bug??) and I told her to feel free to call my school and get me out to bring her home (since DH is away today), but she claims she is going to power through because she needs to be there for last period. We'll see.... she was as pale as a sheet this morning and didn't even have the energy to put on her costume eye make-up.

If anyone here is familiar with "Disney Bound" on Tumbler and Pinterest, DD is going as a "Disney Bound" Dory (sans eye make-up, sadly). Royal blue top and tights, black skirt and shoes, yellow watch and hair ribbon. If you aren't familiar with it, Disney Bound puts together outfits from regular clothes that give you a sense of a Disney character without really being a costume. It is really cute.

DS looked great in his Dr. Who costume, but opted to skip the hair coloring today.... not sure why. He wants to trick or treat, but has play rehearsal tonight, so I'm not sure he has time.... and when you are TALLER than the folks handing you the candy, doesn't that mean you are too old for going door to door???:lmao:

DD is already talking about skipping swim tonight, which means she is REALLY feeling sick. She NEVER, EVER wants to skip practice! If we go to practice, I will do an hour in the gym and then run out for a few groceries. Things are really getting desperate in the fridge! No milk, minimal fruit and veggies, low on eggs, and ........oh CRAP.... just realized I never put the meat in the crockpot! I'll call home and see if DH is still there to do it. Otherwise I guess it is a sandwich night! I was distracted by costumes and sick stomaches this morning!

Hope everyone is getting back to business as usual after the big storm. I know there are still folks in our town without power.... SO thankful that it isn't me!

BTW, should I weigh the braids I cut off and subtract them from this week's weight loss to keep things fair??:rotfl2: Just kidding!

TTYL...........P

Happy Halloween to all our losers and maintainers!

QOTD Wednesday, October 31, 2012: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did this week to help you with your goals.

The Halloween candy bag is still sealed up in the pantry. I will open it for tonight's trick or treating and then make the leftover "magically" disappear to be doled out, if needed. :woohoo:

Honestly, I do best if I don't have ANY of the Halloween junk. I just don't have ANY. It is too hard to say.... one piece or two pieces... that just turns into a free-for-all! I do try to buy candy that I don't find appealing... that definitely helps. That said, we all tend the like the same things here and if I buy stuff that NOBODY likes, I end up tossing out the leftovers and that is just too wasteful for me.

I try to buy things that no one likes either. We don't get many trick or treaters so a small bag is enough. Otherwise the "good stuff" like Reese's peanut butter cups disappear like "magic." ;)

Tracey, glad that you weathered the storm! :goodvibes

QOTD Tuesday, October 30, 2012: Today it's Trick or Treat Tuesday. Share your favorite Halloween Trick or Treat. If it's a treat, how do you make sure that you get yourself back on plan when the festivities are over?
I love having the assortment of Halloween treats. I almost never buy candy during the year. So I will definitely have a few different pieces from the variety bag. The good thing about the variety bag though is that I'm bound not to like some of the flavors. I love having trick-or-treaters, so hopefully they will be taking the majority of the candy!

That's the nice thing about being a maintainer you can plan some treats and not have it derail you. ::yes:: Hope you get some fun trick or treaters tonight.

Has anyone heard from Samantha (Kollerbear)? I know she is in Manhattan...thinking of her

Looks like she is okay -- it was nice of you to be concerned for her! :flower3:

Buffy, hope that you are feeling better now and so glad that your DS is okay. :hug: He may get a winter of bike riding or swimming.

I love paydays and glad this time of year to see just mini's so I just bought them on Sunday - budgeted 1 a day till tomorrow then they are all in the candy bowl being passed out..

Glad the storm wasn't too bad in your neck of the woods. :goodvibes I've never seen mini-Paydays. They actually probably aren't the worst of candy since peanuts do have nutritional value.

Pamela, I love your new haircut! :love: Your hair looks so pretty and full. I love the color, too. People pay a lot of money to have beautiful hair like yours! ;)

Hey all... Sorry, I may have to do this week's numbers and next week's at the same time... I'm in NYC and my power has been off. So sorry! I'm checking in on my phone. I'll be in touch with you all.. I'm just happy we're all safe and sound!

No worries, Samantha, so glad that you are safe! :goodvibes

Great cut!!!! Nice to have a face with the name.

The thread has been so slow lately. I hope people are still following along & just too busy to post.

I also can't believe Thanksgiving will be sneaking up on us soon! 3 weeks from Thursday, people. 3 weeks!!

It is quiet here lately. I think it is a combination of the folks who are still off from the storm and the end of the challenge. I also think the BL challenges are going to be evolving into a more informational chat thread with folks tracking their own weight, which is a natural progression since we all have to do this on our own eventually. Luckily I think there will always be a core group to give the support and encouragement that we all need on this journey to healthy living. :goodvibes

Have a great day all!

QOTD Wednesday, October 31, 2012: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did this week to help you with your goals.

Two woohoos for this week..... I hit the gym more than I have been lately and I haven't opened the Halloween candy yet!

Pamela, I love your new haircut! :love: Your hair looks so pretty and full. I love the color, too. People pay a lot of money to have beautiful hair like yours! ;)

I am grateful that I have a decent natural color (although DH has wanted me to cover my grey in the front for YEARS now.... but I don't want the maintenance). Thanks for the compliments.... the hair definitely feels fuller and healthier.... much better than the thin strangly ends I had!

It is quiet here lately. I think it is a combination of the folks who are still off from the storm and the end of the challenge. I also think the BL challenges are going to be evolving into a more informational chat thread with folks tracking their own weight, which is a natural progression since we all have to do this on our own eventually. Luckily I think there will always be a core group to give the support and encouragement that we all need on this journey to healthy living. :goodvibes

Have a great day all!

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we will just chat until after the holidays and then see if there is any New Year's interest in starting up a challenge again. I suspect there will be by then. I will hang on here until the bitter end, if need be! I wish I could chat about food/fitness/health more, but sometimes I feel like I've already shared everything I know! So I get rambling on about nonsense! :rolleyes: I try to help by posting recipes when I get a good one. I know I LOVE it when I get a new recipe here to try.

Lisa, have a FABULOUS, FUN Halloween!! ..............P

QOTD Tuesday, October 30, 2012: Today it's Trick or Treat Tuesday. Share your favorite Halloween Trick or Treat. If it's a treat, how do you make sure that you get yourself back on plan when the festivities are over?

I'll be back later with more replies and my answer to the QOTD.

Have a great and safe day all! :goodvibes

Yay on single digit dance day!!

Mine is definitely a treat- I love Reese's Cups! So my trick to get back on track after is to make a deal with myself- for every one I eat, I am making myself do 10 minutes of my pilates DVD. It definitely keeps me on track and helps me to savor the ONE that I have!

It is fun to splurge when away at special places, but glad you are ready to get back on track. It is when we let those vacation splurges start spilling over into "regular" life that we get into real trouble! Glad you had a nice trip with DBF. THe first trip that DH and I took when we were dating was a DISASTER. We fought all day (it was just a day trip to Martha's Vineyard). Maybe I should have known then that my life's dream of traveling the world would definitely not be happening with this man! :lmao: JK.... he has so many great qualities, I guess I can wait until retirement for my traveling to begin!

TTYL......................P

Oh no!! :scared1: It was so funny though, we got back into town and he says to me, "Since we survived that trip, my parents want to invite you to Thanksgiving," and it was just so funny that he felt he had to wait til after the trip to ask that :rotfl:

Have a great day all!

I don't have too many whoo-hoo's related to my plan...but I do have one kinda related to my next BIG 5k!!! I found two of the essential pieces to my Ariel costume for the Princess 5k! I can't wait to go and run it with my DM- she's going dressed as Cinderella! Only 112 more days to go, and less than two weeks til Double Digit Dance Day!

Hey all... Sorry, I may have to do this week's numbers and next week's at the same time... I'm in NYC and my power has been off. So sorry! I'm checking in on my phone. I'll be in touch with you all.. I'm just happy we're all safe and sound!

Yay!!! So happy to hear from you! I've been thinking about you. Hoping you'll have power soon :) Thanks for the update :)

Yay on single digit dance day!!

Mine is definitely a treat- I love Reese's Cups! So my trick to get back on track after is to make a deal with myself- for every one I eat, I am making myself do 10 minutes of my pilates DVD. It definitely keeps me on track and helps me to savor the ONE that I have!

I'm trying to forget the fact that I have a bag of Reese's cups in the house!!

Oh no!! :scared1: It was so funny though, we got back into town and he says to me, "Since we survived that trip, my parents want to invite you to Thanksgiving," and it was just so funny that he felt he had to wait til after the trip to ask that :rotfl:

Well... there would be no need to invite you if things went sour, right?? Have you met his parents yet??

I don't have too many whoo-hoo's related to my plan...but I do have one kinda related to my next BIG 5k!!! I found two of the essential pieces to my Ariel costume for the Princess 5k! I can't wait to go and run it with my DM- she's going dressed as Cinderella! Only 112 more days to go, and less than two weeks til Double Digit Dance Day!

That sounds like a great fun race! Can't wait to see photos of the event!

Easy day here at work... between parties and a changed-up schedule for the Halloween parade, I've really only had one student for 30 minutes so far today! I did spend about 45 minutes in various classrooms, but that was it. And it is 12:05 and my next duty is recess at 12:30.

Anyone here do any major decorating for Halloween? I'm not much into this particular holiday, but in years past I have made an effort to put out some decor just for trick-or-treat night. Sometimes I am more successful than other. This year I'm sticking with my min-scarecrow and pot of bittersweet on the step plus a few ceramic pumpkins (since DS is allergic to pumpkin, I rarely buy real ones). I will try to remember to dig out my ceramic light-up jack o'lantern tonight, but if I forget, oh well.

Never did get a hold of DH to put the meat in the crockpot, so tonight's dinner is definitely up in the air.... especially when I remembered that there wasn't even enough lunch meat to make three sandwiches this morning. DS ended up with a cheese sandwich and since DD was feeling really lousy, she just took some fruit and crackers. And with no milk in the house it can't even be cereal night! :sad2: Well, we won't starve but it won't be pretty!

TTYL....................P

School day is nearly over. It was super easy with all of the Halloween festivities. Tomorrow will be back to business as usual! I'm in here tomorrow and subbing another position on Friday. I like the pay but not the busy schedule.

Fingers crossed that DD is feeling better when I pick her up. The silver lining though, if she is still sick, is no 2 hour drive tonight!

Trick-or-Treat is 5-7 pm in my town.... if I have to drive her to practice and DH isn't home from Maine yet, it will be a "bowl of candy on the front porch" year! :lmao:

Still no clue what we will eat for dinner tonight! Gonna have to dig DEEP in the pantry and/or freezer and perform some magic I guess!

BBL to chat..................P

We got power back sometime during the night. Very happy about that. Last year , we spent 10 days without power. I ended up going to my grandparents' after about day 5 of no power. I was very thankful for their invite.

I was hoping to stay and chat, but my parents decided to throw an impromtu Halloween party.

Not worried about eating the candy...no gluten or peanuts plus being lactose intolerant eliminates a lot. Sugar based candy like Nerds or Laffy Taffy never appealed to me.

Hope everyone is doing well!

We got power back sometime during the night. Very happy about that. Last year , we spent 10 days without power. I ended up going to my grandparents' after about day 5 of no power. I was very thankful for their invite.

I was hoping to stay and chat, but my parents decided to throw an impromtu Halloween party.

Not worried about eating the candy...no gluten or peanuts plus being lactose intolerant eliminates a lot. Sugar based candy like Nerds or Laffy Taffy never appealed to me.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Big woohoo on the return of power! What a relief! Enjoy the Halloween party!

Dinner was leftovers plus a bit of this and that. DD still having a queasy tummy, so she didn't eat much. And DS opted to make himself a cheese sandwich...boring but it did the job. Hit the store tonight to replenish the dairy and produce and will NOT forget to fill the crockpot tomorrow morning!

Hopefully we will have more of our friends back tomorrow!..........P

:wave2: Hi Friends,

Hoping everyone is okay from Sandy. I saw Buffy, Samantha and CC are ok. :) Hey Dona and Christina (in NJ) .... how are you. Saying some prayers you are okay.

Sorry I haven't been on the thread! Just got busy with lots of home projects. Finally have my sons' rooms reorganized/decorated. My youngest son moved into my oldest son's room and had to patch walls/paint/change curtains .... My oldest son moved into the spare bedroom that was originally our nursery. It had an ABC quilt I had made hanging on the wall and my oldest said the "baby stuff" had to go! :lmao: My husband said his room looks too nice to let him live there when he comes home!:rotfl2:

I didn't have school yesterday due to the storm. The weather actually wasn't that bad. I am not happy that we will be making up this day already in June and the winter weather is not here yet ....

My middle son has been working on his college applications and has been accepted to two colleges so far. And on Monday, we got a notice that he is to be interviewed for a scholarship in early December. We have been working on his resume and gathering his recommendations. Say some prayers he gets it.

Pam .... I love your hair! I like the new length. And you should be so proud of DD's work with her SATs! And I am so sorry about the swimming situation.

Jill .... Yes, the park I was referring to was Kennywood. I too love that park.

I haven't been on track lately. I just can't seem to "get it together". I am running the Zoo 5K this Saturday. I haven't been running for a week due to the weather so I am sure it won't be a "pretty" run on Saturday.

I am agreeing with Lisa, I think the BL thread is turning into a chat thread. Perhaps is will turn over in January. I remember there were a lot of people on the January BL thread. I do want to say THANK YOU to everyone who helps run this thread!

Have a great day everyone .... and may the weightloss fairy follow your every move!

Hi everyone!!

I feel like I haven't been here in forever. Its been crazy busy around here the past few weeks. Today is pay day so its the usual grocery and bill paying. Then Friday we're going back to Tampa and picking up our meat market order. This amount of meat should cover us for a few months.

I also have to finish getting the house in order. We're heading to Sanford airport Saturday afternoon and picking up my friend. She'll be staying with us for a week. Alan is also taking tomorrow and going to making some calls to custom home builders. Long story short we'll be out of this house in a little over a year. Its a long story but basicaly boils down to that I was lied to by the builder and the HOA. We got behind one quarter on our HOA and they were threatening to put a lein on my house. I got it taken care of but that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

We're thinking about moving to Clermont and building a home out there. Its going to take some time to get the particulars worked out but I've finally decided that if I want a home I want it to my specifications, not a cookie cutter type. I know we'll possibly still run int the HOA headache. Unfortunately in all the looking I've been doing at houses in different areas you just can't get away from it here in the state of FL.

I'll have a better idea if I really wanna do this in the next few weeks. Yes, its going to mean having to move again and selling our TX house after our tenant's lease is up next year but I'm willing to do it. Paying taxes on two houses is a pain in the you know what.

I'm hoping another matter will be taken care of and resolved within the next few months that will also help us financially. I'm being optimistic right now.

Mary•Poppins;46598779 said:
:wave2: Hi Friends,

Hoping everyone is okay from Sandy. I saw Buffy, Samantha and CC are ok. :) Hey Dona and Christina (in NJ) .... how are you. Saying some prayers you are okay.

Sorry I haven't been on the thread! Just got busy with lots of home projects. Finally have my sons' rooms reorganized/decorated. My youngest son moved into my oldest son's room and had to patch walls/paint/change curtains .... My oldest son moved into the spare bedroom that was originally our nursery. It had an ABC quilt I had made hanging on the wall and my oldest said the "baby stuff" had to go! :lmao: My husband said his room looks too nice to let him live there when he comes home!:rotfl2:

How nice to be getting projects done around the house! Isn't it a great feeling??

I didn't have school yesterday due to the storm. The weather actually wasn't that bad. I am not happy that we will be making up this day already in June and the winter weather is not here yet ....

We were off Monday and Tuesday and honestly I think they were both a total waste. The storm didn't even show its face here until after 2pm on Monday and other than some folks without power, our town wasn't at all affected by the storm. So we have already used up 2 of our 3 built-in snow days and it is only 11/1 !!

My middle son has been working on his college applications and has been accepted to two colleges so far. And on Monday, we got a notice that he is to be interviewed for a scholarship in early December. We have been working on his resume and gathering his recommendations. Say some prayers he gets it.

Definitely praying for all of that. DD has to have her Common App and such into her two top college choices by 11/15 for early (non-binding) decision. And of course, she wants to throw out some other apps as well, to a few reach schools and maybe another safety school. I've urged her to organize herself this weekend and get it all in order. I know that she is on top of things, but can tend to procrastinate.

Is your middle son a high school senior? If so, what kind of resume is he creating? I haven't heard of this for seniors and am just curious if DD should be working on something like this.

Pam .... I love your hair! I like the new length. And you should be so proud of DD's work with her SATs! And I am so sorry about the swimming situation.

Thanks.... still not used to the length. I am SUPER proud of DD's SAT scores. They beat anything DH and I did back in the dark ages! :lmao: Swim situation seems to be settling down.... not really resolving in any great fashion, but she seems to be getting used to the "status quo" as it were.

I haven't been on track lately. I just can't seem to "get it together". I am running the Zoo 5K this Saturday. I haven't been running for a week due to the weather so I am sure it won't be a "pretty" run on Saturday.

But you will be beating every person who never got off their couch on Saturday! Go you!!:cheer2: Do it for fun and exercise, rather than a time.

I am agreeing with Lisa, I think the BL thread is turning into a chat thread. Perhaps is will turn over in January. I remember there were a lot of people on the January BL thread. I do want to say THANK YOU to everyone who helps run this thread!

Have a great day everyone .... and may the weightloss fairy follow your every move!

I think our "core" group will probably need to chat and re-evaluate after 1/1 and see what kind of response we have. And I second your "thank you" to our fearless leaders and organizers!!

Hi everyone!!

I feel like I haven't been here in forever. Its been crazy busy around here the past few weeks. Today is pay day so its the usual grocery and bill paying. Then Friday we're going back to Tampa and picking up our meat market order. This amount of meat should cover us for a few months.

I also have to finish getting the house in order. We're heading to Sanford airport Saturday afternoon and picking up my friend. She'll be staying with us for a week. Alan is also taking tomorrow and going to making some calls to custom home builders. Long story short we'll be out of this house in a little over a year. Its a long story but basicaly boils down to that I was lied to by the builder and the HOA. We got behind one quarter on our HOA and they were threatening to put a lein on my house. I got it taken care of but that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

We're thinking about moving to Clermont and building a home out there. Its going to take some time to get the particulars worked out but I've finally decided that if I want a home I want it to my specifications, not a cookie cutter type. I know we'll possibly still run int the HOA headache. Unfortunately in all the looking I've been doing at houses in different areas you just can't get away from it here in the state of FL.

I'll have a better idea if I really wanna do this in the next few weeks. Yes, its going to mean having to move again and selling our TX house after our tenant's lease is up next year but I'm willing to do it. Paying taxes on two houses is a pain in the you know what.

I'm hoping another matter will be taken care of and resolved within the next few months that will also help us financially. I'm being optimistic right now.

Wow! Lots going on with you! Makes me double glad we didn't move into a neighborhood with a HOA! I think the rules, for the most part, would be nice, but I would hate the fees and the rules that I thought were silly.... like no clotheslines and such.

Best of luck building a new home. We built our home almost 20 years ago. Is is perfect? Nope. It was our first house and we just didn't know enough.... plus sometimes you have to live with something a while before deciding if it works or not. I did a poor job planning our kitchen layout (yes... the "experts" were telling me I wouldn't like it, but I didn't listen :sad2:) and so within 4 years we were doing a minor remodel that included ripping out and rebuilding a kitchen closet, changing over a corner of counter top and cabinets and adding a big island. Fortunately it wasn't too pricey at the time.

My biggest pieces of advise.... put your money into things that are difficult and expensive to change/upgrade later... like overall size of the house, kitchen layout :rolleyes:, number of bedrooms, doors and windows. And save money on things that are easy to replace later.... carpeting, light fixtures. In fact, if the mortgage company would have allowed it, I would have lived with plywood floors for the first year while we saved a bit more for hardwood floors. But the mortgage wouldn't go through on an "unfinished property" so we weren't able to do that.

We also were surprised at certain things that were NOT included in the builder's price and we had to add ourselves later.... but in the long run it worked out better.... we got exactly what we wanted and didn't have to rush on a decision during the building. Things like bathroom mirrors, towel rods, tp holder come to mind first... but we also got a corner shower stall in the master bathroom that didn't have an enclosure! Fortunately we also had a traditional tub/shower in another bathroom and we used that for a few months until we saved enough to have the shower done.

When it comes to electric.... add more!! More outlets, more recessed lights, more switches.... these are all a PITA to add later... and no one ever says "I wish my house was darker!" :rotfl:

Good luck!!

Happy Thursday and Happy November friends!!

At work here again today with no students until 10:30 am!

Morning was a crazy rush, rush today and I forgot to put the meat in the crockpot AGAIN! I thought of it when I was making coffee and should have stopped then and done it, but got distracted by making breakfast and lunches. I am not usually so crazy in the morning, but my shorter hair is throwing me for a loop.... I am not used to it and not sure what to do with it! Plus DD is having some shoulder pain and needed me to do her kinesio taping this morning and that really takes some time. DH is home today.... I will call in a bit and have him put it in.

Got groceries in the house last night, so we won't starve over the weekend! :lmao: Tonight is pulled pork sandwiches, tomorrow night is hamburger soup. Still not sure about the swim schedule this weekend. I do not think that DD is registered for this meet, but she thinks that she is, so I need to investigate that. Will decide the weekend meals after that is settled.

Off to find a recipe to post here! I haven't posted one in about a week, so I think it is time! TTYL...............P

Here is my recipe for tomorrow night's soup!

Semi-Crockpot Hamburger soup

1 lb. of lean ground beef, browned, drained (and rinsed if you desire)

2 large potatoes, cubed

3 handfuls of baby carrots

2 medium onions, diced

3 stalks of celery, washed and diced

1 bottle V-8 juice or tomato juice (low sodium if desired)

Place all ingredients into the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

I call it "semi-crockpot" because you have to brown the meat in advance. But I will buy a large quantity of hamburg on sale and brown it all at once and divide it into 1 lb. containers and put it in the freezer. I haven't tried this recipe using TVP, but I suppose you could. Not sure what TVP would do after cooking all day in the crockpot.

** My modifications.... the original recipe called for using tomato soup and water.... but I don't like the HFCS in the soup (or the calories), so I use the juice. V-8 comes in low sodium or high fiber or spicy, so you could change it up if you want.

The original recipe also called for corn, but I don't want the added starch.

This could be easily made on the stove top, if you were in a hurry... and you could use frozen veggies if desired.

Today's additional note: A few other things I also do..... add a can of rinsed and drained beans (kidney, pinto, or black would be fine). And I throw in lots of extra veggies when I can.... bell peppers, zucchini/summer squash, even kale.

ENJOY!.................P

Hi everyone. Wanted to check in. I switched to maintenance last week. I'm at 116 gone and am within my ideal weight range and we've had a tough couple weeks. My mother in law has gotten very, very ill very suddenly and is not expected to live much longer. It is very sad and came completely out of the blue. We live almost 500 miles away and will be making multiple trips in the very near future. I also had a horrific accident at the conclusion of my 10K on Saturday. It was my fault (jumped in triumph across the finish and tripped) but I had to have three hours of oral surgery on Monday to (mostly) repair the damage. I'm also cut up and bruised all over.

So, I'll still be reading but I'm allowing myself the time to mentally heal until probably the first of the year. I still plan to eat just as well and exercise just as much and hope to maintain. I have no intention of gaining the weight back because I worked way too hard to get this far.

Hi everyone. Wanted to check in. I switched to maintenance last week. I'm at 116 gone and am within my ideal weight range and we've had a tough couple weeks. My mother in law has gotten very, very ill very suddenly and is not expected to live much longer. It is very sad and came completely out of the blue. We live almost 500 miles away and will be making multiple trips in the very near future. I also had a horrific accident at the conclusion of my 10K on Saturday. It was my fault (jumped in triumph across the finish and tripped) but I had to have three hours of oral surgery on Monday to (mostly) repair the damage. I'm also cut up and bruised all over.

So, I'll still be reading but I'm allowing myself the time to mentally heal until probably the first of the year. I still plan to eat just as well and exercise just as much and hope to maintain. I have no intention of gaining the weight back because I worked way too hard to get this far.

Oh my goodness gracious! First of all... prayers for all you are going through. Prayers for your healing and for safe travels as you visit your MIL.

Next.... I am so IMPRESSED that you realize that this is NOT the time to fall off the wagon! Gaining back your weight will not help you, your MIL, or your situation! You have worked so hard and been so successful at your weight loss and running. No reason to give up now, right!?? Feel free to jump in and chat here whenever you feel like it!.................P

MB I'm so sorry to hear about your injury and your MIL. :hugs: Best wishes for a speedy recovery and peace for you and your family. :flower3:

I have been fighting all morning with my iPhone and computer but I think I almost have things fixed.

So rather than a QOTD for today, I'm going to leave you with this thought -- courtesy of sparkpeople.com, of course. ;)

If at first you don't succeed, you're running about average.

- Unknown

Persevering through failure

Of course try, try again, but when you don't succeed at something it's best not to beat yourself up or hold yourself to an unrealistic standard of achievement. Feeling as if you're a failure, simply for not reaching a goal, is not who you truly are. Do you think you're the only one who fails? Of course not! Most problems involve steps to their solution, and solving each step along the way IS an accomplishment. If you become discouraged during your weight loss journey or find your financial aspirations out of reach, keep trying! Some of life's most rewarding experiences make you sweat and persevere through hard times, only to emerge on the other side victorious and wiser for having worked so hard.

Rather than a QOTD use this time to think about your goals, where you are, where you need to be, and what you need to do to get there. :hippie:

And while you are at it, think about what kind of a challenge you want to have in the spring. It takes a lot of work to put these challenges together, especially a spring challenge. We are going to need people to volunteer for all positions for the spring challenge to make it work. I'm sorry but I don't have the time to volunteer myself and besides I had my turn. ;) That was more of what my comments yesterday were directed to, although I do think that it is true we are more of a chat at this time. If that is what people want that is great. If we want more it is going to take some changes.

We still have a couple of weeks left for this challenge and I know Samantha will be catching up the weigh in reports next week, if she has power.

Have a great day all! :flower3:

MB I'm so sorry to hear about your injury and your MIL. :hugs: Best wishes for a speedy recovery and peace for you and your family. :flower3:

I have been fighting all morning with my iPhone and computer but I think I almost have things fixed.

So rather than a QOTD for today, I'm going to leave you with this thought -- courtesy of sparkpeople.com, of course. ;)

If at first you don't succeed, you're running about average.

- Unknown

Persevering through failure

Of course try, try again, but when you don't succeed at something it's best not to beat yourself up or hold yourself to an unrealistic standard of achievement. Feeling as if you're a failure, simply for not reaching a goal, is not who you truly are. Do you think you're the only one who fails? Of course not! Most problems involve steps to their solution, and solving each step along the way IS an accomplishment. If you become discouraged during your weight loss journey or find your financial aspirations out of reach, keep trying! Some of life's most rewarding experiences make you sweat and persevere through hard times, only to emerge on the other side victorious and wiser for having worked so hard.

Rather than a QOTD use this time to think about your goals, where you are, where you need to be, and what you need to do to get there. :hippie:

And while you are at it, think about what kind of a challenge you want to have in the spring. It takes a lot of work to put these challenges together, especially a spring challenge. We are going to need people to volunteer for all positions for the spring challenge to make it work. I'm sorry but I don't have the time to volunteer myself and besides I had my turn. ;) That was more of what my comments yesterday were directed to, although I do think that it is true we are more of a chat at this time. If that is what people want that is great. If we want more it is going to take some changes.

We still have a couple of weeks left for this challenge and I know Samantha will be catching up the weigh in reports next week, if she has power.

Have a great day all! :flower3:

Thanks for stepping up and keeping us on course! I am set for my coaching stint starting tomorrow, but won't be surprised if we don't have many participants as we wind down here.

I have been doing some thinking about my goals (maintenance, exercise) and such.... especially in preparing for my new job. I am already so busy with subbing and driving the kids, etc, I can't imagine how I will fit it all in with a new job... even part time. Exercise has been lacking lately (although I have been a bit better in the past few weeks) and meal planning has fallen by the wayside. Time to get back into a better routine! Not sure yet how that will happen, but I'll work on it. Probably need to look at getting more done during the weekends... but sometimes swim makes that difficult.

Off to my recess duty! Brrr.... cold day here in NH, but at least the sun is shining!..........P

School day is nearly over. I had almost all of my students today, unlike yesterday, so it wasn't nearly as relaxing!:lmao:

Now I will say good-bye for today. I probably will not have time to post tonight unless I get a few spare minutes while I'm at the Y. Home for a bit, dinner, clean-up, out the door to drop DS for opening night of the school play and then drive DD to swim practice. Work-out for myself and perhaps an errand or two if needed. Then home again to go to bed and repeat it all tomorrow! And somewhere in there I need to get some laundry done!

Tomorrow is weigh-in.... finish your day strong tonight! Healthy, filling OP dinner and maybe a bit of extra exercise or something to reduce stress.... then a rejuvenating night's sleep (7 hours, at least ;) ) and tomorrow will look bright and promising!

TTYL...................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter