Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

5 Signs It's Time to Get Real About Weight Loss

It's easy to say that you want to lose weight. It's also easy to find the motivation to hit the gym regularly and choose the right foods in the beginning. After a few weeks, our motivation seems to wane and those old, unhealthy habits of yours start to creep back in. What seemed so easy at first is now difficult. You have cravings. You're tired. You miss those social dinners with your friends and doughnuts at the office. That 6 a.m. aerobics class doesn't seem as fun, and getting up without hitting the snooze button seems impossible.

Sound familiar? So many of us have fallen into this yo-yo diet and exercise trap over the years. You decide you want to lose weight, start a program, and even start to see some results and then&life gets in the way. Before you know it, you're off your healthy living plan again. While SparkPeople has the tools and resources that make weight loss fun and upliftinga true lifestyle changeyou still need to commit to using them. You have to commit now and, well, forever. You have to choose to change your life, both when life is breezy and when things aren't going your way. Whether you have 5 pounds or 150 pounds to lose, you have to get serious if you're ever going to reach your goals.

Sign #1: You keep waiting to start. Stop putting it off!

Sign #2: You can't do the things you want to do. Focus on functionality.

Sign #3: You're facing chronic health issues. Live longer and healthier.

Sign #4: You give up easily. Get back on track.

Sign #5: You're envious of others who have lost weight.Make yourself a priority!

Here is a link to the entire article if you are interested:
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1439

QOTD Monday, October 29, 2012: It's motivational Monday, which of these ideas can you put to use this week to motivate yourself? Or do you have another great idea that keeps you motivated?

When I first started, it was for the sake of my health. especially with my blood pressure. Now since that's under control, I guess I'll have to go with #4. Not that I give up easily but I have a bad habit with my exercise with saying 'I'll do it later.'

Another motivator for me (although I'm not sure if it's a good one) is one of my relatives who is extremely over-weight. Ever since I started on this journey, I seen this relative taking notice of my progress and it's my hope that if I can do it, maybe he'll decide that he can do it too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DISNEY!!! Got the last bit of vacation laundry in the dryer and then it's just the last minute stuff left!! :cool1:

I have to admit though, the nerves are starting to settle in; two at the forefront: 'Will I get sick again this time?' (The last 4 times I've been to WDW, I've been violently ill with my stomach... :sick: ) and 'Will it be crowded?' I'm trying to stay positive though. I've packed plenty of water (I think Florida water's been causing the sickies) and trying not to think of the crowds since we've seen everything several times over and even when it's crowded, we've still managed to see everything we wanted to. It's just so much nicer when it's not crowded.

So I'm staying off the travel planning threads on the DIS, cause some are saying it's going to be really crowded, others are saying it won't, and I'm not going to let myself get worked up for something that may not even be an issue. :thumbsup2

So I've started my pre-trip Disney movie marathon and am watching 'Beauty and the Beast' right now. (Really wish Disney would make a live action movie of it. :rolleyes1 ) I might watch the video of 'Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage' that I took on my last trip. I'm such a fangirl of that show... :) Seriously though, I've seen it so many times that I recognize some of the CM's that do the show and have favorites. Especially with the Prince... :lovestruc

In fact, here's some video I took of my favorite one! ;)

http://youtu.be/3rJFMfdrMEc

May try to post again tomorrow, but if not, I'll see you soon with a (hopefully) exciting TR and plenty of pics! :goodvibes

Donac- Hope you are doing ok!!!!!

Hi all,

Just about over here I think! Winds have died down tremendously and it seems the rain is also lighter!

We were without power for about 3 hours this afternoon. 6 poles are down on one of our main roads so school is closed again tomorrow. Apparently 2 of the schools are having power issues. I'm not sure if I have to work tomorrow. I will have to check with my client in the morning. I have 2 scheduled tomorrow night as well.

Spent the morning watching movies and playing games and when the power went out the kids read and then we watched the new Tinkerbell movie and Tangled.

Ate horribly due to stress and had a drink or two! I really need to get focused or I will have nothing to wear and I refuse to buy bigger clothes! I've been awake since about 3 though I may have gotten in an extra 30 minutes this morning.

I should be able to sleep tonight since the winds have subsided!

HUGS to anyone else still dealing with issues with Sandy!

I'll try and check in tomorrow!

TTFN :tigger:

5 Signs It's Time to Get Real About Weight Loss

Sign #1: You keep waiting to start. Stop putting it off!

Sign #2: You can't do the things you want to do. Focus on functionality.

Sign #3: You're facing chronic health issues. Live longer and healthier.

Sign #4: You give up easily. Get back on track.

Sign #5: You're envious of others who have lost weight.Make yourself a priority!

Here is a link to the entire article if you are interested:
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1439

QOTD Monday, October 29, 2012: It's motivational Monday, which of these ideas can you put to use this week to motivate yourself? Or do you have another great idea that keeps you motivated?

I would definitely say number 5 is the one I need to pay attention to! I'm very proud of the successes of those around me- especially my mom. She's lost 130lbs! I don't want to lose anywhere near that amount of weight, so you would think I could do it easily. Not so. But you're right, I need to make myself a priority and get myself back on track. So my goal is to lose 20lbs by the next time I go to WDW, which is 17 weeks from now. I think it's very doable!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This past weekend, I went to Savannah GA with my DBF...so much fun! It was our first trip together since we've started dating, and I always worry a little bit as to how it's gonna go. But it went great :cool1: Next I start laying the framework for a Disney trip!! That one may take a while, though....still worth it!

While is Savannah we indulged like I never have before. I'm so glad I don't live any closer, or I would be gigantic! We went to all the good places to eat (Pirate's House, Savannah Candy Kitchen, Spanky's, Wet Willie's) and had some really good food. Even our hotel had a waffle iron in the lobby for breakfast! But it is time to get back on track and back to my healthy habits. My goal is to buy a size medium SparkleSkirt to wear for the race ::yes::

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Hope that everyone is safe and well after surviving Hurricane (now Superstorm) Sandy. :flower3: Please do check in as you can even if it's just a quick post.

Well, different countries - different rules. :goodvibes I am always amazed what kind of drugs one can buy over the counter in the US which you would need a prescription for here in Germany.

I know you'd think the same stuff that is "dangerous" in one country would be "dangerous" in all of them. :rotfl:

It's been wonderful being your coach for the past week or so. I love coaching and it was great to be able to find a week when I could commit to it this challenge. I missed it during the Summer Challenge

:thanks: CC for coaching! Hope that you have power today. :sunny:

Just popping in to say howdy. I am reading, but not posting. Boring, I know. I am about to start week 3 of a cold/stuffy nose so I think it may be time to call the doctor! I'd really like to breathe again. :thumbsup2 Been doing horrible at eating and exercising. Not feeling well certainly isn't helping. I am still subbing the position I started at the very beginning of the school year! Supposedly this week is my last, as they have hired somebody! woot woot Then I will drop down to just half time to sub the other position open in that classroom. It'd be nice not to work so much. All the projects I'd saved until school started are still waiting for me!

Time to go make dinner. I cooked the hamburger the other day and added a can of black beans. Used half of it for tacos and now will sautee some mushrooms, throw in some fat free sour cream and pasta and viola stroganoff! :stir:

Stay safe everybody on the East Coast!

Hi Linda! :wave2: Nice to see you! :flower3:

Ashley, have a wonderful trip to WDW! :smickey: Can't wait to hear all about it!

It was great to see you today!

Nice to see you here, too! :flower3: Don't be a stranger!

On this one I would say "Make yourself a priority." I'm having trouble remembering to do that and it causing me to tread water for this challenge. I am not liking that!

Pamela, glad the storm wasn't too bad in your neck of the woods. Hope you got to do a lot of scrapping. :goodvibes

Just checking in from Jersey. It is very windy and the rain comes and goes. We have lost some branches but the worst of the wind is supposed to hit tonight. We lost power a couple of times during the night but it came right back on. I am off school today and tomorrow and tomorrow they will make a decision about Wed.

Stay safe everyone.

You, too, Dona, glad that you are okay. :flower3:

Thanks for coaching Lisa! For me it's definitely #4 giving up too easily. If I eat a bad meal or skip a workout, I get lazy & ruin all my hard work. I've been very conscious lately to make good decisions even when I really want pumpkin pancakes from Perkins lol.

Pamela~I'm posting on my phone so I don't know how to post a link to the Stuffed Pepper Stoup. I'll try later on the computer (after I hit the gym, eat, and DSs drum lesson). Glad DD had a good meet. Did she talk to the girl who was giving her the cold shoulder? I hope they clear the air!

I hope all my dis friends stay safe during Sandy. Keep in touch as much as you can so we know everyone is ok.

Off to spinning (even though I have a terrible headache & really don't want to go)...be back later!

Jill

Good job getting out to spinning even when you weren't feeling well! :thumbsup2 I have challenges with using my phone to post, too. The autocorrect is the worst! :rotfl2:

Tracey, glad that you weathered the storm. :goodvibes

Kaiti, glad that you had a great time in Savannah!

Today is a day I have been waiting for a long time . . . . SINGLE DIGIT DANCE, baby! :yay::dance3::banana: I leave for the Wine & Dine Half a week from Thursday. :jumping1:

QOTD Tuesday, October 30, 2012: Today it's Trick or Treat Tuesday. Share your favorite Halloween Trick or Treat. If it's a treat, how do you make sure that you get yourself back on plan when the festivities are over?

I'll be back later with more replies and my answer to the QOTD.

Have a great and safe day all! :goodvibes

Just checking in from Jersey. It is very windy and the rain comes and goes. We have lost some branches but the worst of the wind is supposed to hit tonight. We lost power a couple of times during the night but it came right back on. I am off school today and tomorrow and tomorrow they will make a decision about Wed.

Stay safe everyone.

Praying you are still safe.

Thanks for coaching Lisa! For me it's definitely #4 giving up too easily. If I eat a bad meal or skip a workout, I get lazy & ruin all my hard work. I've been very conscious lately to make good decisions even when I really want pumpkin pancakes from Perkins lol.

How about making homemade pumpkin pancakes? Try using the Cinnamon Toast pancake recipe I posted and add some pumpkin! Maybe I'll try that this morning!

Pamela~I'm posting on my phone so I don't know how to post a link to the Stuffed Pepper Stoup. I'll try later on the computer (after I hit the gym, eat, and DSs drum lesson). Glad DD had a good meet. Did she talk to the girl who was giving her the cold shoulder? I hope they clear the air!

I can be patient for the recipe! DD and this girl are working on it. THe other Mom and I sat down with them after practice Monday morning to help them talk it through a bit, but it didn't go real well. Hoping that "tincture of time" (my Grandmother's favorite cure) will help.

I hope all my dis friends stay safe during Sandy. Keep in touch as much as you can so we know everyone is ok.

Off to spinning (even though I have a terrible headache & really don't want to go)...be back later!

Jill

Proud of you for going to spin, even when you didn't want to. Those are the most REWARDING workouts!

When I first started, it was for the sake of my health. especially with my blood pressure. Now since that's under control, I guess I'll have to go with #4. Not that I give up easily but I have a bad habit with my exercise with saying 'I'll do it later.'

You are so good to get your blood pressure under control while you are still young! I can be equally guilty of putting off exercise for a "later" that doesn't always come!

Another motivator for me (although I'm not sure if it's a good one) is one of my relatives who is extremely over-weight. Ever since I started on this journey, I seen this relative taking notice of my progress and it's my hope that if I can do it, maybe he'll decide that he can do it too.

Inspiring others is a GREAT motivator! I am thrilled to know that I inspired a SIL and a niece to join WW and they have both lost over 40 pounds since January! It tickles me to no end! Lead by example, right??!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DISNEY!!! Got the last bit of vacation laundry in the dryer and then it's just the last minute stuff left!! :cool1:

I have to admit though, the nerves are starting to settle in; two at the forefront: 'Will I get sick again this time?' (The last 4 times I've been to WDW, I've been violently ill with my stomach... :sick: ) and 'Will it be crowded?' I'm trying to stay positive though. I've packed plenty of water (I think Florida water's been causing the sickies) and trying not to think of the crowds since we've seen everything several times over and even when it's crowded, we've still managed to see everything we wanted to. It's just so much nicer when it's not crowded.

Clean hands, clean hands, clean hands! THat is my mantra when I travel with the kids especially. I bring hand wipes to use on hands and tables at counter service (and anywhere else it might be needed). I think it is better than just hand sanitizer gel. And if the water is what is making you sick, good luck.... because they are cooking with that water everywhere. It is probably something other than the water. Like lack of sleep and lot of other folks germs!

So I'm staying off the travel planning threads on the DIS, cause some are saying it's going to be really crowded, others are saying it won't, and I'm not going to let myself get worked up for something that may not even be an issue. :thumbsup2

So I've started my pre-trip Disney movie marathon and am watching 'Beauty and the Beast' right now. (Really wish Disney would make a live action movie of it. :rolleyes1 ) I might watch the video of 'Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage' that I took on my last trip. I'm such a fangirl of that show... :) Seriously though, I've seen it so many times that I recognize some of the CM's that do the show and have favorites. Especially with the Prince... :lovestruc

In fact, here's some video I took of my favorite one! ;)

http://youtu.be/3rJFMfdrMEc

May try to post again tomorrow, but if not, I'll see you soon with a (hopefully) exciting TR and plenty of pics! :goodvibes

I will watch your video with DD when she gets up. Maybe over coffee and a bit of snuggle time! Gotta love another "hurricane day" off of school!

Donac- Hope you are doing ok!!!!!

Hi all,

Just about over here I think! Winds have died down tremendously and it seems the rain is also lighter!

We were without power for about 3 hours this afternoon. 6 poles are down on one of our main roads so school is closed again tomorrow. Apparently 2 of the schools are having power issues. I'm not sure if I have to work tomorrow. I will have to check with my client in the morning. I have 2 scheduled tomorrow night as well.

Spent the morning watching movies and playing games and when the power went out the kids read and then we watched the new Tinkerbell movie and Tangled.

Ate horribly due to stress and had a drink or two! I really need to get focused or I will have nothing to wear and I refuse to buy bigger clothes! I've been awake since about 3 though I may have gotten in an extra 30 minutes this morning.

I should be able to sleep tonight since the winds have subsided!

HUGS to anyone else still dealing with issues with Sandy!

I'll try and check in tomorrow!

Thought of you last night when I was in Nashua and the wind was really kicking up. I know you've had issues during high wind storms before and it makes you understandably nervous. Hope you are feeling better now that the winds have subsided!

I would definitely say number 5 is the one I need to pay attention to! I'm very proud of the successes of those around me- especially my mom. She's lost 130lbs! I don't want to lose anywhere near that amount of weight, so you would think I could do it easily. Not so. But you're right, I need to make myself a priority and get myself back on track. So my goal is to lose 20lbs by the next time I go to WDW, which is 17 weeks from now. I think it's very doable!

What a great example your Mom is setting! And 20 pounds in 17 weeks is totally doable if you put your mind to it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This past weekend, I went to Savannah GA with my DBF...so much fun! It was our first trip together since we've started dating, and I always worry a little bit as to how it's gonna go. But it went great :cool1: Next I start laying the framework for a Disney trip!! That one may take a while, though....still worth it!

While is Savannah we indulged like I never have before. I'm so glad I don't live any closer, or I would be gigantic! We went to all the good places to eat (Pirate's House, Savannah Candy Kitchen, Spanky's, Wet Willie's) and had some really good food. Even our hotel had a waffle iron in the lobby for breakfast! But it is time to get back on track and back to my healthy habits. My goal is to buy a size medium SparkleSkirt to wear for the race ::yes::

It is fun to splurge when away at special places, but glad you are ready to get back on track. It is when we let those vacation splurges start spilling over into "regular" life that we get into real trouble! Glad you had a nice trip with DBF. THe first trip that DH and I took when we were dating was a DISASTER. We fought all day (it was just a day trip to Martha's Vineyard). Maybe I should have known then that my life's dream of traveling the world would definitely not be happening with this man! :lmao: JK.... he has so many great qualities, I guess I can wait until retirement for my traveling to begin!

Happy Tuesday friends! We weathered the storm just fine up here. We never even lost power here at home (other than a flicker early in the evening), but I know many, many folks here in NH were not as lucky. We even hit a detour on our way home from swim practice about 6:15 pm.... probably a tree over a power line, since the area we were detoured around was totally dark.

And as I mentioned above.... no school again! DD is overjoyed. DS is still asleep.... he has black shades and curtains and no alarm clock, so he probably has no clue what time it is! I'm not much for letting my kids sleep til noon or anything, but I certainly will give in this time and let him sleep late.

Having a bit of a disaster over breakfast..... tried to make some healthier waffles for DH and I and they fell apart in the waffle iron, so time to go figure out plan B! Kids are getting Mickey waffles (organic whole grain, of course ;) ), but still a "storm day" treat!

Hoping EVERYONE (but especially East Coasters) are safe and dry this morning! BTW, I texted Buffy last night about 6pm. They seemed to be doing okay. No news on DS's MRI yet.

TTYL......................P

Pamela, glad the storm wasn't too bad in your neck of the woods. Hope you got to do a lot of scrapping. :goodvibes

Didn't get much done, but at least I worked at it. And it is more fun than work, laundry, and cooking! :thumbsup2

Today is a day I have been waiting for a long time . . . . SINGLE DIGIT DANCE, baby! :yay::dance3::banana: I leave for the Wine & Dine Half a week from Thursday. :jumping1:

WOOHOOO!!:banana:

QOTD Tuesday, October 30, 2012: Today it's Trick or Treat Tuesday. Share your favorite Halloween Trick or Treat. If it's a treat, how do you make sure that you get yourself back on plan when the festivities are over?

Honestly, I do best if I don't have ANY of the Halloween junk. I just don't have ANY. It is too hard to say.... one piece or two pieces... that just turns into a free-for-all! I do try to buy candy that I don't find appealing... that definitely helps. That said, we all tend the like the same things here and if I buy stuff that NOBODY likes, I end up tossing out the leftovers and that is just too wasteful for me.

If possible, I don't buy it until the last minute. I did buy my candy yesterday for tomorrow and brought it home and put it out of sight immediately.... for EVERYONE'S sake! ::yes::

Thanks for coaching Lisa!.....................P

Just got a text from Buffy. They are well and safe, but without power, as is most of their town. Any other East Coasters ready to check in??.........P

Hi all,

We're good here! No school again! The phone and cable is down at work so we aren't opening until later this afternoon. Not sure I will be going in at all. Most of the town is back up as far as I know.

Wind and rain woke me up at 4, of course it stopped the minute I was out of bed and awake so I watched news for awhile on the couch and dozed off for a while. DH is working from home now, not sure if he will go to a client or not as a lot of the area he goes to is out. Waiting to hear if we are having Halloween as scheduled or if they are going to delay it again. I think it will happen as planned.

I think I'll do some Wii today. Tummy is bothering me from the junk I ate yesterday and the stress of the day. I gotta get back on plan!

Hoping everyone else is doing well!

I love having the assortment of Halloween treats. I almost never buy candy during the year. So I will definitely have a few different pieces from the variety bag. The good thing about the variety bag though is that I'm bound not to like some of the flavors. I love having trick-or-treaters, so hopefully they will be taking the majority of the candy!

Good job getting out to spinning even when you weren't feeling well! :thumbsup2 I have challenges with using my phone to post, too. The autocorrect is the worst! :rotfl2:

Autocorrect is hilarious. I once texted DH "I'll get the LSD." It was supposed to say "I'll get the kids." Ummm...big difference. And, I've never typed LSD in my phone before so why it autocorrected to that, I have no clue :confused3

I don't know how you are even keeping it together! I am so excited for you and I'm not even going lol!

This year we bought glow sticks to hand out. Now our trick or treat is postponed until Saturday from 2-4 because of all the rain and no end in sight. I guess kids won't need glow stick from 2-4? Oh well, that's how I am tackling this year's holiday. I didn't even buy candy for our house! DSis called to tell me she bought about 300 pieces and now won't be home to pass it out, so I can have it. Ummm...no thank you! I'm a sucker for Resse's cups. I may go to her house to pass out candy for her, though, so I'll have to be strong. I think one snack size candy won't kill me, so I may have a piece each day for a couple days. Then, right back on track!

Pamela~ here's the website. I hope it works!

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=476

The only changes I made were using less onion and beef. I only used 1 pound instead of 1.5 of beef and 1/2 an onion because it was pretty big.

Schools here had 2 hour delays because of the wind and rain. It's not too bad now, but it was pretty wicked last night. DH is in Pittsburgh for clinicals today and I was worried about him driving so early this morning. He left around 5 am. I finally heard from him around 10. Ugh. Men. Like he doesn't realize I was worried!

Anyhow, I have to run since I'm on my lunch break and have to get ready to go to my next class (I travel to the classrooms instead of the kids coming to me). Stay safe everyone and I'll check back later.

Jill

I'm here at the dr, I'm really sick and don't want to tough it out with no power. Our whole town is out but the big town next to us has power so we can at least get gas and food.

I need to ask about DS16's leg while I'm here.

In all we will lose 5 trees, 2 we knew about but we lost one on the road and the tops came out of our apple trees. Ergh!
Anyway, my battery is gonna die again on my phone.
Will touch base soon.

Stay safe everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

I love paydays and glad this time of year to see just mini's so I just bought them on Sunday - budgeted 1 a day till tomorrow then they are all in the candy bowl being passed out..

I'm here at the dr, I'm really sick and don't want to tough it out with no power. Our whole town is out but the big town next to us has power so we can at least get gas and food.

I need to ask about DS16's leg while I'm here.

In all we will lose 5 trees, 2 we knew about but we lost one on the road and the tops came out of our apple trees. Ergh!
Anyway, my battery is gonna die again on my phone.
Will touch base soon.

Stay safe everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Aw feel better..

Here in Maine things are pretty good - it didn't hit us like they thought.. We didn't lose power (well it blinked for like 15 seconds) didn't look like we had much limbs down just lots of little stuff..

I see we are still waiting to hear from several friends. With so many without power it will probably be a few days before we hear from everyone.

Just got back from the hair dresser...an unusual place for me. I cut off 12 inches to donate. Not happy with what I have left....far too short. But I keep telling myself it will grow and I've done a nice thing with the donation. Now I'm looking at DD with hair envy! Anyhow....I'll post photos later.

TTYL..........P

Crazy super quiet here!

Anyhow.... here are a few photos of today's hair event.

Pre-cut hair.... crazy too long!

ry%3D400

In the chair, preparing to "do the deed"

ry%3D400

Too late to turn back now!

ry%3D400

It is done!
ry%3D400

Short hair (well... short for me any how!).... a bit too short if you ask me!

ry%3D400

No good pictures from the front after the cut.... oh well........P

Doing well, but no power. It looks like the power companies in CT are not estimating when it will be restored, so I'm fearing the worst and hoping for the best. My sister has power and we are eating with her tonight. My BIL grilled some lean steaks.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey all... Sorry, I may have to do this week's numbers and next week's at the same time... I'm in NYC and my power has been off. So sorry! I'm checking in on my phone. I'll be in touch with you all.. I'm just happy we're all safe and sound!

pjlla said:
Crazy super quiet here!

Anyhow.... here are a few photos of today's hair event.

Pre-cut hair.... crazy too long!

In the chair, preparing to "do the deed"

Too late to turn back now!

It is done!

Short hair (well... short for me any how!).... a bit too short if you ask me!

No good pictures from the front after the cut.... oh well........P

Great cut!!!! Nice to have a face with the name.

Glad to hear everyone is safe from the storm! Hopefully we will hear soon from anyone else who hasn't check in.

Pamela~I can't believe how long your hair was! What a great thing to do. And, it looks cute now, too. In fact, when my hair gets past shoulder length I start freaking out. So your "new" hair is even long for me lol.

The thread has been so slow lately. I hope people are still following along & just too busy to post.

I also can't believe Thanksgiving will be sneaking up on us soon! 3 weeks from Thursday, people. 3 weeks!!

DH and I are going to watch a movie tonight (Battleship, I think. Not a movie I really wanted to see, but I just made DH watch The Vow, so it's his pick). I'll check in tomorrow when I get some time. Be healthy!

Jill

Doing well, but no power. It looks like the power companies in CT are not estimating when it will be restored, so I'm fearing the worst and hoping for the best. My sister has power and we are eating with her tonight. My BIL grilled some lean steaks.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks for checking in and letting us know you are safe! Take care until you are back on line!

Hey all... Sorry, I may have to do this week's numbers and next week's at the same time... I'm in NYC and my power has been off. So sorry! I'm checking in on my phone. I'll be in touch with you all.. I'm just happy we're all safe and sound!

No worries at all! Just glad you are safe. Prayers for you and yor fellow NY'ers!

Great cut!!!! Nice to have a face with the name.

I posted before and after weight loss photos in the past...guess I haven't done it recently. Thanks...guess I'll get used to the length!

Glad to hear everyone is safe from the storm! Hopefully we will hear soon from anyone else who hasn't check in.

Pamela~I can't believe how long your hair was! What a great thing to do. And, it looks cute now, too. In fact, when my hair gets past shoulder length I start freaking out. So your "new" hair is even long for me lol.

The thread has been so slow lately. I hope people are still following along & just too busy to post.

I also can't believe Thanksgiving will be sneaking up on us soon! 3 weeks from Thursday, people. 3 weeks!!

DH and I are going to watch a movie tonight (Battleship, I think. Not a movie I really wanted to see, but I just made DH watch The Vow, so it's his pick). I'll check in tomorrow when I get some time. Be healthy!

Jill

Thanks! My long hair is a security blanket of sorts. It is really weird not to have it...but I will get used to it soon enough!

Enjoy your movie time...nice of you to take turns choosing!

I asked DH to take DD to swim tonight. I am just so tired of the driving! And DS is at play rehearsal, so I'm home alone! :thumbsup2 I made a few cards to send to folks who are hurting and healing. Took me forever, but the cards are really pretty, if I may say so myself. Still sitting at my scrap table (with the cat napping in front of me :rolleyes: ), but I probably won't get anything more done.

Dinner was uninspiring (using leftovers since I was home alone) and sadly I'm about out of calories for the day and I'm still hungry. Will whip up a hot drink with some extra fiber to fill the hole until breakfast...and maybe an apple.

Just got put under severe T.storm warning and flood warning...guess we haven't seen the end of the bad weather! TTYL...........P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter