• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

Glad you are having a great time Linda. Sadly no coast to coast for me as I was swept at mile 7 due to a variety of reasons which all add up to being too slow. Sad and will be doing some thinking and regrouping when I return home tomorrow.

I am so sorry that you didn't finish but congrats for getting to the starting line and going for it.

Your food posts make me so hungry! I was on Pinterest earlier looking for new recipes. I notice that I pin a lot of desserts & they are by no means healthy!

I have three different food boards on Pinterest.... one is Healthy Eating, one is Not-so Healthy Eating, and one is Low Carb foods. I try to stick to the Healthy and Low carb areas, but I am guilty of pinning some crazy yummy looking treats.... but I have yet to actually make any of them. But I have made some of the others with great success.

Hello all! We just got home from our community Veteran's Day parade. It is beautiful here today (sunny & 70) so it was a great day for a parade. I'm trying to get my house in order a little before the week begins again. I have a bunch of stuff to do here & a bunch to do for my online classes & work. The work stuff is just grading papers, but it's so time consuming. I'll probably save that for after my kids go to bed. My online classes didn't give very good instructions, so I may have submitted some stuff incorrect. I am going to resubmit them tonight & email the instructors to let them know why I am sending it in twice. Ugh.

Good for you for pushing through and getting it all done... even if it isn't totally correct.

So, does anyone go shopping on Black Friday? I guess it should be called Black Thursday since most stores are starting thanksgiving night. That bothers me. I used to love to go out for fun, but 8 pm sales? Crazy. Dsis & I may just go in the morning & if we get things we want, great. If not, we'll survive.

Not a fan. I've done it once or twice, but I can't stand the craziness and chaos... and there isn't anything I want/need that desperately!

DH just woke up & he will shower & leave at 6:30 for tonight's shift, so I'm going to hang out with him & eat dinner. See you tomorrow!

Jill

Hope you had a nice visit with DH before he had to leave.

Mary•Poppins;46684952 said:
I did vote on Tuesday. Glad to be an American and have the ability to vote.

And for the QOTD .. I think eating as a family is one of the most important things to do. This is sometimes the only time we talk about our day. It has become harder and harder to do since the boys have different schedules, however, I try my best to work around what event it going on in the evening.

I walk to pick up my students between lessons. Our building is huge and it takes a while to get from one side to the other.

Well, I hate to admit this one ... but, it is SO easy to fall of the wagon. I have maintained but the fall is a bad time for me to focus on losing weight.

I tend to bring a veggie dip and sit it in front of me. That way I snack on this instead of something else that might be in front of me.

Thanks for going back and answering the QOTD!!

Had a busy weekend. Went to a local musical performance for our community Friday night. It raises money for people with vision problems. My son was working the lights.

My son does lights at our school theater too. Next year he will be "lead light technician" as our current lead lights is a Senior. I"m not sure exactly what he does, but he seems to enjoy it!

I then hosted our Book Club. I had only told my 2 close friends about the zoo incident and I knew it would be talked about at book club. I told everyone about it and the all had expressed how unfortunate the event was. The local news has been kind about the incident. The family wanted trucks donated for their son .... and there was not a truck to be found around Pittsburgh. It was very moving. However, online, there are so many cruel people. How can people say such horrible things?!

Because it is too easy to sit back in the comfortable anonimity of our homes and bash other people and pretend that we are PERFECT!:mad:

And today, I went to our cabin. It was SUCH a lovely day. I did nothing! ... and read a book that my youngest son suggested. I love when my sons' suggest something I might like and we then can talk about the book.

Well ... off to read some more. Have a great week everyone.

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing day!

Mary•Poppins;46685005 said:
I go out on Black Friday too .... however, I can't believe some places are starting at 8PM Thursday also. It bothers me too. Where is the family time? I think I will be doing the same thing as you. There really isn't anything I need that would make me miss Thanksgiving. When I get to the stores in the morning, whatever is left will be it.

Hey ... maybe I will see you around! :goodvibes

I'm old-fashioned and think that the stores should NOT be allowed to be open on T.giving day.... but I'm sure that someone who does not celebrate T.giving wouldn't agree with me and tell me to mind my own business. Are we all really SO desperate to shop that we must do it instead of spending time with our families!? I don't get it.

Happy Monday and happy belated Veteran's Day. I kind of forgot that YESTERDAY was actually V.Day, since we have the day off today. But a huge THANK YOU to all our Vets and Vet families here on the Dis!

In honor of Veterans Day yesterday I watched about a 6 hour marathon of "Vietnam in HD".... it was absolutely riveting and compelling. I did watch and scrap and kept having to pause it to leave the room, but I watched it all and ended up crying at the end when the POWs came home.

And I never finished yesterday's QOTD! My dessert table would include my Mom's lightened up apple crisp and another new recipe I wanted to try, Pumpkin angel food cake! Sounds perfect for this time of year. I may make it for T.giving!

The recipes for the curried carrot soup, layered ratatouille, and lightened up apple crisp are all on the BL recipe thread, found here.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447512

I can provide the recipe for the quinoa mac and cheese and the angel food cake if anyone is interested. The rest of the foods were either figments of my imagination, or just "ideas" that you don't really need a recipe to make.

I was hoping to talk the family into a hike today, but DH and DS are talking about building a potato cannon after all homework is finished...and DD still has swim, despite the school holiday, so I will be heading out about 2:15 for that. Thankfully it is an early swim day. I will probably take a short hike myself before lunch. Just gotta remember to stick to the trail, since it is hunting season!:eek:

I've got yummy cinnamon steel cut oats in the crockpot for breakfast calling to me! And the coffee is perked. I hope you all have a delightful day! I will pop on again in a bit to answer the QOTD!................P

So sorry for being a little late for posting the QOTD, just got behind a little bit... :worried: But I'm here now!

Most of you are familiar with my love of music in doing my workouts and there's nothing like a fast paced song to get us in a good mood and off the couch! :cool1: And the best part about music is that there's always something new to listen to. So...

QOTD for Monday, 11/12/2012: What are you currently listening to?

Maybe now I'll finally answer one of my QOTD... ;)

Not really work-out related music, but I just bought the soundtrack for the Broadway musical of 'A Tale of Two Cities' which opened in Sept 2008 but closed just 2 months later, in part to the economy. The music however is absolutely phenomenal, and having loved the story, especially of Sydney Carton, I fell in love with the soundtrack.

James Barbour (who played the Beast at one point during Beauty and the Beast's B-way run) plays Sydney and his voice absolutely melts me every time. Especially when he sings 'Let Her Be A Child' http://youtu.be/uT1pRvPXOVI

They did release a concert version of the show on PBS (cost $50 to own the DVD though... :scared:) but I've been finding bits and pieces of the show on Youtube so that's what I've been watching for most of the weekend, along with this great little preview video from broadway.com :goodvibes http://youtu.be/1P5q4hLuY1c

I ran my first 10k yesterday and my same ol' same ol' kept me in the groove.
My favorite songs are:
Imma Be -- Black Eyed Peas (I confess that I want to dance when this comes on, so I usually wait until I'm feeling beat up so it gives me a little kick in the pants ;) and I'm not dancing through the race rather than running).
Good Vibrations -- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch (yes I know I'm cheesy!)
Gold Digger--- Kanye West
Sabotage---Beastie Boys
Sexy Back--Justin Timberlake
You're So Damn Hot-- OKgo
Those last two are for confidence or for a good laugh during the race.
And I start my races with I've Got a Feeling -- Black Eyed Peas. It's my own little tradition to make me less nervous and more excited.

So sorry for being a little late for posting the QOTD, just got behind a little bit... :worried: But I'm here now!

Most of you are familiar with my love of music in doing my workouts and there's nothing like a fast paced song to get us in a good mood and off the couch! :cool1: And the best part about music is that there's always something new to listen to. So...

Ahhh!! I hate that I fall off the boards on the weekend...gotta get better at that!

I listen to a ton of music when I work out, but my power song is Flo Rida's "Good Feeling". It always makes me feel awesome, and like I could go for another few miles. I like to mix it in with some Disney music as well ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Well, I have a new longer-term goal- my DM and I are booked on our first Disney Cruise! We'll be on the Wonder for the May 11, 2013 sailing. I'm so excited! I have always wanted to go on a Disney cruise, so this provides me with two birds/one stone. I also need deadline for a goal! I can't wait to be on that boat!

Nothing in particular. My drive with DD just now was punctuated with bits of Disney ride music, a few Glee songs, and some Adele (although DD is the fan...me not so much). It's was all from DD's IPod.

Ahhh!! I hate that I fall off the boards on the weekend...gotta get better at that!

I listen to a ton of music when I work out, but my power song is Flo Rida's "Good Feeling". It always makes me feel awesome, and like I could go for another few miles. I like to mix it in with some Disney music as well ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Well, I have a new longer-term goal- my DM and I are booked on our first Disney Cruise! We'll be on the Wonder for the May 11, 2013 sailing. I'm so excited! I have always wanted to go on a Disney cruise, so this provides me with two birds/one stone. I also need deadline for a goal! I can't wait to be on that boat!

So jealous! DD and I are trying to plan a short WDW visit next spring, but I'm not sure finances will allow it. We'll see. I'm trying to tuck away a bit from each paycheck. What a great reason to reach goal!

Afternoon all! What a beautiful day! I hope you all had such lovely weather today! Washed the kids comforters so that I would have something to hang out in the sun!

Here at the Y with DD. I brought some scrapping supplies, but will take a walk outside before it gets dark. High school swim starts this week. As crazy as life has been lately, it is only going to get worse! Crockpot usage will go into high gear! Thank goodness it is soup and stew season.

TTYL............P

Just time for the QOTD!

We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but unfortunately, it's also the easiest to skip, especially since our schedules are so busy... But skipping breakfast can not only hurt our energy for the day, but it can also impede our weight loss.

QOTC for Tuesday 11/13/2012 : What do you do to make sure you're getting your most important meal of the day?

Just time for the QOTD!

We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but unfortunately, it's also the easiest to skip, especially since our schedules are so busy... But skipping breakfast can not only hurt our energy for the day, but it can also impede our weight loss.

QOTC for Tuesday 11/13/2012 : What do you do to make sure you're getting your most important meal of the day?

It's my DIS time -- so because I don't want to miss out on reading the newest stuff on the DIS I make sure to have my breakfast (fruit, muesli and some sort of dairy product) with it.

Just time for the QOTD!

I never miss breakfast! I try to eat within an hour of rising most days. Even if my schedule gets off track in the morning and I end up RUNNING out the door, I will still grab something..even if it is no conventional "breakfast"food. An apple, cheese stick, and Vitamuffin is fast and portable, as is a peanut butter sandwich. DD makes herself veggie egg patties for the freezer for when life gets crazy. Throw one in the microwave and throw an English muffin in the toaster and you can have an egg sandwich ready in 3minutes with no dirty dishes!

morning all! So far no call to work today! I'm happy to have the time, but the money will be missed.

Laundry is caught up, so I'll probably clean DS's room today :rolleyes1 sounds like fun, huh?

Off to make lunches!..........P

Just time for the QOTD!

I found a very yummy breakfast that I like to make, and it makes me not want to miss it! I look forward to it every morning. I actually need to go eat now! If I ever am too busy to eat before I leave for work, I go to the cafeteria on my break and make myself a little mini parfait with fruit and yogurt...one of my favorites :)

mini vacation's over. :sad: The good news is I got up at my usual early time this morning, went to the Y, came home in time to make DS2's lunch, take him to school then find my girlfriend's on their walk. That was fun. Straight after that I went to the classroom I'd been subbing in and dropped off a package of chocolate covered mickey pretzels. Then was going to pick up the dog from the boarder, but realized his leash was in the other car. Swung by the house, did a vehicle switcheroo, and got the pooch. Just finished drinking way too much tea and reading here. I was not called for jury duty today (hooray!), nor was I called for subbing. But I've been sitting here relaxing and reading instead of doing laundry and cleaning, so need to get a move on!

Lisa, sorry you got swept, but hooray on 7 miles and the now the chance to do it again! Some people will do anything for a chance to go to Disney World! ;) So proud of you for what you did do.

QOTD: I never skip breakfast. When I was little, bad things would happen if I didn't eat right away (talk about worshipping that porcelain god!). Now because of the lovely thyroid pill I take first thing in the morning, I'm supposed to wait an hour-ish to eat. It works out since I'm up and out the door so dang early. I gotta say that I was very ready for breakfast today since with all the running around I was up for 3+ hours before I ate!

Time for housework and probably should gather up all the receipts so I know how much money we spent on vacation! :lmao:

Skipping breakfast has been one of the hardest habits for me to break, even more so than giving up soda and fast food. But I try to get up early enough to make myself something or if I can't do that, my strategy is similar to Pjilla's. I try to at least have some trail mix or peanut butter cracker on hand so I can at least have something in my stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crazy day at work today... With thanksgiving next week, the turkey buying at the store is going full force. At least it means extra shifts, which I'm desperately in need of. I even volunteered to work on Thanksgiving! :scared1: But for time and a half pay, it was hard to resist. Plus it's only til noon so I'd still have time to relax for the rest of the day.

Went back to the gym for the first time since our vacation and getting sick; boy did that workout hurt! I did find out some pretty awesome news though. In talking to my friend (who also owns the gym) I had asked her about BMI and what she considered being in normal range for my height since I had heard several different numbers. So she offered to test it for me with a machine (how it works, I have no clue...) but we figured out that I'm only .6 away from my BMI being in a normal range!! :woohoo:

Needless to say, I was thrilled! It's been almost a year since I started this journey and I can't believe how far I've come; almost 50lbs lost and my goal's finally in my grasp. It's the most incredible feeling; not just the weight I've lost, but the confidence I've gained as well. Even my friends are telling me how much more out-going I am and how I smile more now since I've lost the weight. :goodvibes I just wish I would have done it sooner...

I don't mean to be tooting my own horn, but I was so excited I just had to share! After all, you guys are a large part of the reason I've made it this far. :grouphug:

So she offered to test it for me with a machine (how it works, I have no clue...) but we figured out that I'm only .6 away from my BMI being in a normal range!! :woohoo:
Needless to say, I was thrilled! It's been almost a year since I started this journey and I can't believe how far I've come; almost 50lbs lost and my goal's finally in my grasp. It's the most incredible feeling; not just the weight I've lost, but the confidence I've gained as well. Even my friends are telling me how much more out-going I am and how I smile more now since I've lost the weight. :goodvibes I just wish I would have done it sooner...

That is so awesome!! Great job! I just found out my BMI is finally in the "overweight" (instead of "obese") range, and I'm pretty excited. Being almost "normal" is such a huge accomplishment, as is losing 50 lbs!

Sorry I don't respond to people with quotes very well. I can quote one person, but I get a little confused as to how to do several. I -will- figure it out though... Ah, I just found the quotey-button. I'll try to do better now!

Going well here. Finished my antibiotic, so hopefully it did it's job and eradicated my strep throat. Tried to go running yesterday morning. I walked about a mile and jogged a mile. And I was wiped out last night! I hate trying to get back with it after being sick over a week! Working hard on keeping my calories down today. The Halloween candy is pretty much completely gone (my kids got mostly chocolate, which I have a hard time resisting at ALL) so that's good news! ;-) In the last 2 weeks I have lost over 5 lbs, which is great news! I hope you're all having a great Wednesday!

I found a very yummy breakfast that I like to make, and it makes me not want to miss it! I look forward to it every morning. I actually need to go eat now! If I ever am too busy to eat before I leave for work, I go to the cafeteria on my break and make myself a little mini parfait with fruit and yogurt...one of my favorites :)

That is the KEY! Finding something that is healthy AND delicious that you can look forward to!

mini vacation's over. :sad: The good news is I got up at my usual early time this morning, went to the Y, came home in time to make DS2's lunch, take him to school then find my girlfriend's on their walk. That was fun. Straight after that I went to the classroom I'd been subbing in and dropped off a package of chocolate covered mickey pretzels. Then was going to pick up the dog from the boarder, but realized his leash was in the other car. Swung by the house, did a vehicle switcheroo, and got the pooch. Just finished drinking way too much tea and reading here. I was not called for jury duty today (hooray!), nor was I called for subbing. But I've been sitting here relaxing and reading instead of doing laundry and cleaning, so need to get a move on!

Don'tcha just love an unexpected day at home? That is what I am loving RIGHT NOW!:thumbsup2

QOTD: I never skip breakfast. When I was little, bad things would happen if I didn't eat right away (talk about worshipping that porcelain god!). Now because of the lovely thyroid pill I take first thing in the morning, I'm supposed to wait an hour-ish to eat. It works out since I'm up and out the door so dang early. I gotta say that I was very ready for breakfast today since with all the running around I was up for 3+ hours before I ate!

Time for housework and probably should gather up all the receipts so I know how much money we spent on vacation! :lmao:

Why know now? It's over, right? Time to start saving for the next vacation!

Skipping breakfast has been one of the hardest habits for me to break, even more so than giving up soda and fast food. But I try to get up early enough to make myself something or if I can't do that, my strategy is similar to Pjilla's. I try to at least have some trail mix or peanut butter cracker on hand so I can at least have something in my stomach.

Good girl!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crazy day at work today... With thanksgiving next week, the turkey buying at the store is going full force. At least it means extra shifts, which I'm desperately in need of. I even volunteered to work on Thanksgiving! :scared1: But for time and a half pay, it was hard to resist. Plus it's only til noon so I'd still have time to relax for the rest of the day.

Don't blame you. Time and a half is hard to resist!

Went back to the gym for the first time since our vacation and getting sick; boy did that workout hurt! I did find out some pretty awesome news though. In talking to my friend (who also owns the gym) I had asked her about BMI and what she considered being in normal range for my height since I had heard several different numbers. So she offered to test it for me with a machine (how it works, I have no clue...) but we figured out that I'm only .6 away from my BMI being in a normal range!! :woohoo:

That is amazing! Good for you!

I don't mean to be tooting my own horn, but I was so excited I just had to share! After all, you guys are a large part of the reason I've made it this far. :grouphug:

PLEASE!! TOOT all you want!! That is wonderful, awesome, and SUPERB! Having CONTROL of your weight and your eating is absolutely one of the BEST feelings out there!

That is so awesome!! Great job! I just found out my BMI is finally in the "overweight" (instead of "obese") range, and I'm pretty excited. Being almost "normal" is such a huge accomplishment, as is losing 50 lbs!

Sorry I don't respond to people with quotes very well. I can quote one person, but I get a little confused as to how to do several. I -will- figure it out though... Ah, I just found the quotey-button. I'll try to do better now!

Going well here. Finished my antibiotic, so hopefully it did it's job and eradicated my strep throat. Tried to go running yesterday morning. I walked about a mile and jogged a mile. And I was wiped out last night! I hate trying to get back with it after being sick over a week! Working hard on keeping my calories down today. The Halloween candy is pretty much completely gone (my kids got mostly chocolate, which I have a hard time resisting at ALL) so that's good news! ;-) In the last 2 weeks I have lost over 5 lbs, which is great news! I hope you're all having a great Wednesday!

Glad you are feeling better! And glad that the chocolate temptation is nearly gone.... just in time for Santa to bring more, right??:lmao:

WOOHOO on the 5 pounds gone too!!

Morning all! Sorry I wasn't on sooner. High school swim started today and we aren't totally in the "groove" yet, so the morning was a bit of a comedy of errors! But everything is set, everyone is where they are supposed to be with everything they need, I didn't get called to work,the trash went to the dump, two loads of laundry hanging in the sunshine, dishes are done, evening rides are confirmed and I am FINALLY sitting at my scrapping table!! :banana:

All of that being said, it was a WONDERFUL feeling to have my workout for the day done by 6:30 am! I have been VERY lax in my exercise and not at all good about getting up early to get it done, so this morning's forced visit to the Y with DD was just what I needed to remind myself of this GREAT feeling!

Off to scrap some more!! .....................P

Hello all! I feel like I wanted to end this challenge strong & I'm not too sure that's going to happen. I haven't had much time to check in here & I've been slacking with eating :(

I just wanted to do a quick check in & let you all know I'm alive. DS6 has gymnastics at 5:15 so I've got to run. I hope I have time later to get on my computer & reply to people!

Jill

So sorry for not posting today's QOTD, but somethings came up and I wasn't able to get to the computer until later this afternoon.

(Although the thread has been really quiet lately)

One of my best friends decided to surprise me today by taking me clothes shopping (she's planning a get-together soon and she knows I've haven't had alot of spare money to get new clothes, so she wanted me to have something really nice to wear. She's really too good to me... :hug: )

Not only did we find some really cute clothes, I got my first pair of super skinny jeans!! And they looked awesome!! I've never owned skinny jeans, much less super skinny jeans, and I realized that this is this first time in a long time that I've actually felt attractive in my own skin. And that's a wonderful feeling. Even though I didn't lose as much weight as I would have liked to, I gained confidence and pride in myself, which I think is just as important. So for our last QOTD of this challenge:

QOTD for Thursday 11/15/2012: What have you gained or lost during this challenge? (And we're not asking about your number on the scale) ;)

With that, I bid you all farewell. I've had a great time being your coach this week and I hope to see you all for the next BL challenge! Until then, I shall be typing furiously on my TR. :goodvibes

tumblr_m9fk8uMKr71ro9tsg.gif

See you next time!

Linda, so glad that you had a great time at DLR! :love: Did you get to ride RSR? Maybe a little mini TR?

Ashley, thanks for coaching this week! :thanks: And a big :woohoo: and :cool1: for you and the progress that you have made. Your hard work has paid off! I'm so proud and happy for you! :goodvibes

A big :woohoo: and :cool1: for you, too, Jaina. What a wonderful accomplishment! Glad that you are feeling better, too.

:woohoo: on the early morning workout, Pamela. I love getting my workouts done in the a.m. Hope you had a successful day scrapping. :goodvibes

Hello all! I feel like I wanted to end this challenge strong & I'm not too sure that's going to happen. I haven't had much time to check in here & I've been slacking with eating

Hi Jill! :wave2: Nice to see you! You are finishing strong -- you're checking in. ::yes:: The end of a challenge is exciting but also a shoulda-woulda-coulda time. Don't forget to celebrate what you have accomplished, too.

I have to think about the QOTD and will be back with my reply. :rolleyes:

Please be sure and PM your weigh-in info to Samantha tomorrow and hang around to see the final results posted. Who will be the Biggest Loser?

Also think about volunteering to hostess and be weightkeeper for the next challenge. It is looking like there will not be a BL challenge in the spring. :sad1:

Hello all! I feel like I wanted to end this challenge strong & I'm not too sure that's going to happen. I haven't had much time to check in here & I've been slacking with eating :(

I just wanted to do a quick check in & let you all know I'm alive. DS6 has gymnastics at 5:15 so I've got to run. I hope I have time later to get on my computer & reply to people!

Jill

Sorry you aren't quite where you'd like to be now. I'm considering hosting a "between challenges chat" if you'd like to continue but without the weigh-ins and such!

So sorry for not posting today's QOTD, but somethings came up and I wasn't able to get to the computer until later this afternoon.

(Although the thread has been really quiet lately)

One of my best friends decided to surprise me today by taking me clothes shopping (she's planning a get-together soon and she knows I've haven't had alot of spare money to get new clothes, so she wanted me to have something really nice to wear. She's really too good to me... :hug: )

Not only did we find some really cute clothes, I got my first pair of super skinny jeans!! And they looked awesome!! I've never owned skinny jeans, much less super skinny jeans, and I realized that this is this first time in a long time that I've actually felt attractive in my own skin. And that's a wonderful feeling. Even though I didn't lose as much weight as I would have liked to, I gained confidence and pride in myself, which I think is just as important. So for our last QOTD of this challenge:

QOTD for Thursday 11/15/2012: What have you gained or lost during this challenge? (And we're not asking about your number on the scale) ;)

With that, I bid you all farewell. I've had a great time being your coach this week and I hope to see you all for the next BL challenge! Until then, I shall be typing furiously on my TR. :goodvibes

tumblr_m9fk8uMKr71ro9tsg.gif

See you next time!

That GIF made me chuckle! During this challenge I have lost a few pounds to be firmly back within my maintenance range and I've gained a new job with a company I really believe in! Can't wait for it to get underway!

Thanks so much for coaching us this last quiet week!

Well.... all ready to do replies and be all chatty and the phone just rang for work! :scared1: Thank goodness I drove the kids to school today instead of letting DD take the car... otherwise I'd be stuck here!

Gotta hit the shower quickly now. TTYL................P

Back now nearly 12 hours later to finally edit this post and do my replies and rather dismayed to see just one lonely new post in these past many hours!:worried:

Anyhow, as I mentioned above, I will probably be hosting a "Between the Challenges Chat" for anyone who might like to join. I haven't seen any talk or plans in the works for this, so I figure I can lead the way! It will be very informal chatter about food, exercise, holiday eating obstacles, and of course daily chit chat. No formal QOTD, but occasional questions to the group to keep things moving, new recipes as things crop up,etc. No formal weigh-ins or reports, just an effort to keep in touch and stay on track during the holidays.

Work was fine today...glad for the pay. Then straight to dr. appt, grab dinner and off to the Y. Found out that a grocery near the new Y has a great dinner selection including made-to-order take-out stir fry ! Got a great veggie dinner (sauce on the side), plus a bit of fruit and a small pack of nuts. Not too pricey, low cal, and healthy! Can't beat that! But I admit it didn't include enough protein and I am hungry now. Oh we'll.

I'm hoping to be on in the morning to say hello, but it will depend on if I get called for work. Up at 4 a.m. tomorrow for HS swim practice:faint:

See you tomorrow!...........P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter