Biggest Loser alumni holiday chat! (All are welcome!)

Hello everyone! I hope everyone has enjoyed their holidays.

Sorry I've missed the last few days, I was STILL getting over being sick :( I felt terrible on Christmas Eve and day. I finally went to an Urgent care place the day after Christmas (before we got 10 inches of snow in about 12 hours) and got an antibiotic for a sinus infection. I finally feel better today (after originally getting sick last Friday). Hopefully, I can enjoy our last few days of vacation, although I have to catch up on housework and grocery shopping. :( :( That required a double frownie!

I see the new thread is up, so I am going to head over there and check it out.

Jill

About a month ago, I bought myself a FitBit. I bought the $100 one that also tracks sleep. I really wanted it for that reason, but I am loving the pedometer features. It tracks the percentage of my day that I'm at varying active levels. I also love how it recalculates how much I should eat each day based on how active I am. Where I work has multiple buildings, and when I walk from one to another, I burn so many more calories than I thought. It connects to my computer like a wireless mouse and then I log in to its website to track food, exercise, weight, and so much more. For Christmas, my parents are paying for the enhanced website features. I'm about to make that purchase.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm trying to get an appt with my nutritionist to make a game plan. I am up a bit from before Christmas, but overall, I have at least 50 pounds to lose. 50 would put me at the top of a healthy weight range, but I will reassess then. I know that I felt really good when I was 10+ pounds less than that. That was also at age 17, so I need to remember that. :)

CC
I have a FitBit too! I had one a few years ago when they were brand new but I lost it when traveling. My parents gave me a new one this Christmas. We all enjoy a little friendly competition with how many steps we get each day.

Sounds like you've got a great plan with your weight loss goals. It's always good to reassess. In some ways getting down to a younger weight can be unrealistic. For me, it was more accepting that I can get down to that weight but I certainly won't look the same! I was way more muscular in high school, so even though I'm only a few pounds heavier right now than I was as a teen, I'm much more lumpy. :laughing:

Continuing on my resolution theme this week here is a link to a calendar from sparkpeople.com called 31 Days to Unbreakable Resolutions http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calendar_2007-01.pdf There aren't any new or earth shattering ideas here but just a good collection of things in one place to remind ourselves as we start another year: don't expect perfection; make realistic goals; practice saying, thinking and writing positive things; celebrate milestones; make yourself a priority; everything is a choice.

I managed to lose 8 pounds in December. Don't get too excited -- there were old pounds that had somehow "found" their way back. I think I've left 'em behind for good now. ::yes:: I'm hoping for at least 2 more pounds before I leave for WDW on 1/9. I'm really looking forward to the big WISH meet and running the Donald. I will spend the first part of the year really concentrating on my weight loss and then ramping up for the Inaugural Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland in September -- a 10k one day, the Disneyland Half the next and three medals. :dumbo: That should keep me on the straight and narrow.

Every year I've been on WISH I've ended the year weighing less than I started and feel so much stronger and more comfortable with myself, not to mention doing things I've never dreamed I could do. :hippie:
Congrats on your 8 pounds! Even if it was old weight - it's always nice to be closer to goal! Will you get 4 medals including the Coast to Coast? I so wish we could do that one - it's always a crazy week with back to school and a show opening at work.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037309

The new thread is up. Please let me know if you have questions.
Thanks!
Thanks! I will be over to check it out!

Jill & Buffy - sorry to hear you were sick over Christmas - hope you're both feeling better!

As for me, there were a few days over Christmas of eating, drinking, and almost zero physical activity. Feeling so chunky!!
Now that there are only 2 weeks(!) until the marathon, I am trying to have a laser-focus on that. Do everything nutrition and fitness-wise that I need to.
I did my 20-miler on the Sunday right before Christmas. It went really well, except my knee was done at mile 18. I finished slowly and hurting. But I'm glad I had the MRI back in November because I know I'm not damaging anything in my knee further. It's just pain! :rotfl: For the marathon I will use more KT tape and make sure I fuel a little more, since tired muscles make it worse. And just push through it honestly.
And while I fully understand that marathon training and losing weight are sometimes at odds, it's still strange to me that I can run 20 miles and still gain weight with a few Christmas cookies! :laughing:

Mods..... I think we are done here, so feel free to lock us down! Thanks.........P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter