• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser 10 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers :)

As the weather is getting cooler and winter is getting closer there will be many times when we can't get outside. What is favorite exercise DVD and why? What is the best thing about it? What DVD have you tried that you did not like?

I love the Weight loss Yoga with Bob Harper. It makes you use muscles you didn't even know you had, and burns calories fast! I will be using my treadmill on those really bad days. Rain won't stop me outside, that is why I bought rain pants and a good rain jacket. I haven't bought many other weight loss dvds, mostly what I have are tapes that I don't like..and I don't even know if they still make the ones I have on DVD.

My husband and I celebrated our 40th birthdays this past Saturday night. My actual birthday is this Friday Oct 1. I am hoping to be under 130 by then, I am going to make a big push for it. Although, after all the alcohol(and I did try to behave) I had..I am hoping it won't be an unattainable goal.

Hey Redwalker!!!!!

I am also using skim milk in my Impossible Cheeseburger Pie. Redwalker made me several of these when my oldest daughter was born to put in the freezer. It was a lifesaver and something made me want to start using it again. I totally forgot that they had a heart smart version. Oh, well, I'll get that next time.

Time to finish my water, shower and pick up DD1 and her BFF at school in an hour!

When you say sweet potatoes, I’m picturing roasting some on a pan. But, I’m guessing you mean more of a casserole dish with ingredients other than sweet potatoes? :confused3

The dish I usually make is more of a casserole- first I boil the sweet potatoes (yams) as if I was making mashed potatoes. Only not quite as long. Then I transfer them to a dish and add an apple cider/maple syrup mixture and bake. Of course it is topped with brown sugar at the end. Yum, but not so good for you. The new dish is a combo of yams, red potatoes, reg potatoes, red onion, shallots & garlic. its roasted until all are tender. Then as a last step (optional) you mix in a little bit of parmesan cheese. Sooo good. And not nearly as bad as the sweeter dish.

As the weather is getting cooler and winter is getting closer there will be many times when we can't get outside. What is favorite exercise DVD and why? What is the best thing about it? What DVD have you tried that you did not like?

I have only done/seen the P90x dvds I am currently using. I guess if I can't make it outside, I would add an extra workout to my shedule. There is a cardio disc that isn't part of the program but is there as a substitute or an addition. It has a little bit of all the other harder discs.

I finally have a day off tomorrow, and it looks like I may finally get my dishwasher fixed this week! (crossed fingers)

tigger813, Do you find that green tea is really helping? I'm not a green tea drinker, but have wondered if it's worth adding to my diet.

Still waiting to hear from the dr with results from the echo. The tech told me that my heart took pretty pictures. She said the results should be to my dr today.

I have been very frustrated lately. Just need to push through this plateau and get the weight loss going again.

Finished W4D2 on C25K yesterday. I have been really surprised that I could do the 5 minutes of running. Week 5 scares me. That 20 minutes of running on day 3 seems crazy!

tigger813, Do you find that green tea is really helping? I'm not a green tea drinker, but have wondered if it's worth adding to my diet.

Still waiting to hear from the dr with results from the echo. The tech told me that my heart took pretty pictures. She said the results should be to my dr today.

I have been very frustrated lately. Just need to push through this plateau and get the weight loss going again.

Finished W4D2 on C25K yesterday. I have been really surprised that I could do the 5 minutes of running. Week 5 scares me. That 20 minutes of running on day 3 seems crazy!

Susan- I really do feel that green tea helps me! I didn't drink it a lot during the summer but now that the weather is cooling off I love having it again. I also have some Crystal Light raspberry green tea. I did drink quite a bit of that this summer. I am drinking the Earl Grey Green Tea. I love Earl Grey and actually like it more with the green tea.

Cheeseburger pie is in the oven. Hoping it turns out right! I can't believe how simple it was.

Nope.... I've never found a FAT FREE sour cream or cheese that is decent. I use low fat sour cream and 2% cheese and just use a bit less of them. And fat free mayo...might as well be white jello... EWWWW!:eek:

Thanks everyone for the input. I picked up some reduced fat sargento cheese, low fat cottage cheese, and reduced fat sour cream and they all still taste pretty good! Also, in response to the terribly disgusting fat free mayo..I AGREE! I have found that to me Hellman's Light Mayo taste just like regular :thumbsup2

Lisa - riding in the coach was amazing! I can't even describe it any other way.

Just checking in quickly to say the day is going well but very busy. I'll check in later.

Hi, everyone!! I have at least read the past 3 1/2 days worth of posts, but will never be able to catch up with everyone in responses.

We had a lovely weekend out at University of Notre Dame. My food choices were much better than I might have expected. I just tried to make the best choice in each circumstance, though I had no control over the breakfasts at our B&B. In fact, each morning was a casserole that wasn't very point friendly, but I tried to choose the smallest piece available. We had dinner out 2 nights, B&B breakfast 2 days, and airport food for dinner yesterday.

I don't know how people do it who travel a lot for work, but I wouldn't want to have to constantly make judgments about the best choices just from a menu's description of various offerings. For example, we ate at Fazoli's on Saturday night (I'd never been there). They had a brochure at the counter with all the nutritional information. The relative points-friendliness of various menu choices was so vastly different from what I'd expect. Fortunately, I read the brochure BEFORE I placed my order. LOL!

I am swamped at work but will catch up on all the QOTDs when I get a chance. Dona, thanks for doing such a great job of coaching this week! :hug:

9/24 Friday QOTD: As we get closer to the holidays do you think your family will accept new recipes that will help you keep on track?

My family are so flexible. I am really fortunate because I can modify a recipe and either they don't notice or they just don't mind. We'll be at Disney's Hilton Head resort for Thanksgiving this year with my MIL and our "adopted" daughter, and we'll have to decide whether we are taking a turkey, buying one at a local grocery store there, or ordering a deep-fried turkey from the resort (they smell delicious!!). As long as there are mashed potatoes, the "kids" won't care what other sides I serve. My MIL probably would be curious about what I've made and how I've modified the recipes, so I'll be keeping that in mind. She doesn't cook anything healthy and would drown everything in butter and use lard to prepare whatever she might cook, so I'll probably be pretty assertive about her just relaxing and leaving the cooking to me. ;)

9/25 Saturday QOTD: Really 2 questions: 1. Which classic Disney movie to love to watch over and over again. I mean from before 1970 2. Which more recent movie to do you enjoy watching. It could be live action or animation

1. Cinderella
2. Any of the Toy Story movies or Beauty & the Beast (hard to choose!)

9/26 Sunday QOTD: Disney's theme for the next year is "Let the Memories Begin" What is your best Disney memories.

Absolutely, without a doubt, our vow renewal weekend over marathon weekend at WDW in January 2009. The entire weekend was full of magical moments. Some of my favorites include wearing bride Minnie ears for the 1/2 marathon, throwing a private WISHES dessert party for 70 dear friends (including many WISH race team friends) at the Grand Floridian, having a private photo shoot at the Magic Kingdom starting at 5:45 a.m. the morning of our ceremony, and dancing with Mickey at our reception. Truly fun times!

Here are some of those memories:

DP--medalwinners.jpg

100_4935.jpg

castlemodified.jpg

family.jpg

100_5014.jpg

P.S. I'm sorry if some of the pictures are huge. I'm worried about re-sizing them because it might affect how they are posted elsewhere.

Dona – Yuck on the KFC! You win!

Taryn – I’m not ready to put myself in that boat yet. Maybe I should ask DS’s doctor if there is an adult equivalent of her so I can get evaluated at some point though?

Cupcaker – Wow on the spontaneous trip! I can’t wait to experience the F & W festival (eventually). And yes, the crabcake salad was scrumptious!

dvccruiser76 – Hope you and DS feel better real soon!

What is wrong with this world that we live in? Why do we penalize Mother's for choosing to stay home with their kids.
I’m sorry that the temp agency was so rude! I find myself asking what the hell is wrong with people almost daily nowadays. I don’t know if we are collectively getting more ignorant as a species, or if we are just so self-absorbed that we have lost the ability to empathize and work together as a team to find solutions. Either way, the world is going to hell in a hand basket if we don’t make some serious changes (ethical, societal, political, etc.) real quick!

Saturday Question of the Day : Really 2 questions
1. Which classic Disney movie to love to watch over and over again. I mean from before 1970
I love Snow White, but I don’t think I could watch it over and over again – her voice would get a little irritating after two times through I think.
2. Which more recent movie to do you enjoy watching.
I love all of the Pixar movies – I could literally sit and watch them all back to back and then start over again. It’s hard to pick a favorite, but I guess if I had to it would be Toy Story.

Taryn – Wow great loss! Awesome job!

Jen A – Hope your interview went well this morning!

Redwalker – Happy (belated) Birthday!

Deb – Those pics are super cute!

Lindsay – Wow, that sounds like an amazing event!

Tracey – Great job on your race (and great job to your DD as well)!

Pamela – Wow, pumpkin and lime green bedroom walls :scared1: ! DS wanted to paint his room orange when we moved into the new house – that idea was quickly vetoed. He chose a denim blue instead, much calmer and mommy approved :thumbsup2 !

Monday Question of the Day : As the weather is getting cooler and winter is getting closer there will be many times when we can't get outside. What is favorite exercise DVD and why? What is the best thing about it? What DVD have you tried that you did not like?
I like the Jillian Michaels DVDs that I have (30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism). Shred is more of an “everyday” workout in that each level is only about a half an hour, but each level is a good workout. The other two are just under an hour if you play them all the way through, but you can also pick and choose different “sets” to do for a shorter workout (I haven’t done that though) and you will definitely sweat with both of these. I picked up the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout (I’m pretty sure that was what it was called) and really disliked it – it seemed disorganized, the former contestants who led the exercises didn’t really do a good job of explaining or keeping count, the “current” contestants performing the exercises were distracting because some of them seemed to be really struggling (IMO), and the whole production just seemed sloppy to me. I have Shred with Weights, just haven’t had a chance to try it yet, and I plan on getting Bob Harper’s two new ones when they are released on Amazon (Tracey how did you get a hold of those already?) and I’m going to ask for P90X for Christmas. So I have a lot to look forward to trying when I get the time!

Cam – You look so beautiful in those pictures!

Today is supposed to be baseball practice and running, but we are getting Taryn’s monsoon from yesterday, so practice has been cancelled. I decided tonight will be grocery store night and I’ll run tomorrow, which actually works better this week since my other runs are going to be Thursday and Saturday. Actually I may have to make that my schedule for October since DS has a game every Wednesday this month. That’s fine.

Well, I’m way late, gotta get out of here. No time to add all the smilies (sorry). Have a great night everyone!

Bree

Passing through to say hi, how ya doin :wave: to everybody. If I don't have time catch up a little bit tonight then I will tomorrow or weds morning. Gotta go get the kitchen clean so we can have supper for tonight.

Hope everybody is having a good day.

I never want to see another peanut M&M again.

As long as I don't start, I'll be fine, but if I start... yesterday was NOT a good day for my eating. And that was BEFORE I went over to celebrate my dad's birthday.

So, here's another Monday with a Sunday food orgy to weigh-in with me. When I am tired I just couldn't care less about sticking to any kind of eating plan. Next time, I'll just take a nap!

Y'all have a good Monday! TTYL.
Or try Scrabble!:thumbsup2 I was ready to eat the walls yesterday. It definitely distracte me.:goodvibes

Lisa--hope ds has fun. Enjoy your kid free days!:goodvibes

Taryn--could you all send some of that rain this way? We are 3-4 inches behind for the year! It is so dry. DS said it's raining like crazy in Columbia, and he had to put a suit on for a meeting tonight.

Maria--feel better!

redwalker--welcome back!
The new dish is a combo of yams, red potatoes, reg potatoes, red onion, shallots & garlic. its roasted until all are tender. Then as a last step (optional) you mix in a little bit of parmesan cheese. Sooo good. And not nearly as bad as the sweeter dish.

Will you post this recipe on the recipe thread? It sounds yummy! Have a great day off!

That's frustrating that you haven't heard anything yet. My tech was very reassuring that she saw nothing of concern when she read mine. (Actually she said if she saw anything, I wouldn't be leaving until the doctor saw me again.:rotfl:) I was having extremely frequent pacs at that point. Hopefully no news is good news.:goodvibes

Very busy day today. I have a ton I have to get done at work before we leave on Thursday. I am so glad we made the effort to be organized at home this weekend, otherwise I would probably be freaking out.

For the first time in a while I really struggled to finish my workout. I originally was going to go 60 min. on the ellipitcal. Well I left work later than planned, and really struggled to do just do 30. Luckily when I got home, Mike had started dinner (he was chopping the veggies for veggie fajitas.) I just wanted to go out and have some bad for you food and a beer. Instead we had fajitas and I had a 55 calorie beer.

Well, I'm off to see what I need to do on my list tonight. Have a good evening!

Hi Everyone!

Today was a very good, OP day! I am now in a walking boot. I can take it off to shower, but otherwise it has to stay on. I still cannot exercise. :sad2: I also will likely need my crutches at least for another day or so until I am very comfortable with the walking boot.

I haven't eaten all my points yet for the day, but I'm planning to have a strawberry milkshake in a bit. I still need a serving of dairy for the day, so that works out really well.

Some quick replies and then probably to bed.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

CC

Julie: What a wonderful thing you do for your church! :yay: for 800 miles! Hope you catch up on some sleep! :goodvibes

Sorry Connie. Hope today was a great day! :goodvibes

I definitely need to catch up but I think I'm too far behind now. I had a fun weekend though. I ate entirely too much pizza, salad and baked potato on Saturday night out to dinner with friends. Not to mention dessert. AHHH!!

Just jump on in! Remember to take one day at a time. Start today fresh! :goodvibes

CC, make sure that your stairs are blocked off if your Dad is sleepwalking. I'm not trying to scare you but my Dad died after falling down the stairs in the middle of the night so when I hear stuff like this I go :scared1:! (He was actually fine after the fall but had a subdural hematoma a few days later).

I read this earlier and didn’t know how to respond. :eek: Thank you for sharing this with me and us. I am hoping that last night was a one time thing, but no matter what, the basement door is staying shut at night.

Thankfully, she is a wonderful student. Mostly A's, with one or two B's here and there. :yay: I am to the point where I know that anything more than 1200 is not going to give me results, I don't give myself too hard of a time if I am in the 1400 cal. range, but over 1500 just makes me feel bad! But you are right, I have had 2100 cal. (and probably apps or desserts!) meals before!:scared1:

AK is awesome! :cool1: Sounds like she is having a great birthday! :thumbsup2

I am trying to stay at 1200 calories too. It’s hard at times, but I find it helpful to remember how far I’ve (and we’ve) come! :goodvibes

Maria: Feel better! :goodvibes The kids in your nursery class sound adorable!

Tracey: How are you feeling? Better, I hope! :goodvibes

pjlla: Good to know! :cool1:

Hope you are feeling good! :goodvibes

Redwalker: Hope you reach your goal! :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed your party! :banana:

That was so nice of you to bake for Tracey! I didn’t realize you’ve known each other for so long.

Tggrrstarr: That recipe does sound delish, but not so good for my diet. But, adding parmesan cheese to the potatoes sounds much healthier! :)

Hope you get some good results from the doctor and that you beat this plateau! :goodvibes

:woohoo: on C25K! I’m sure you’ll do great in W5!

Just checking in quickly to say the day is going well but very busy. I'll check in later.

:yay:

Cam: Sounds like a great mini-trip! Nutritional info from restaurants is scary! You vow renewal pics are amazing! You look so happy! :cool1:

I have Shred with Weights, just haven’t had a chance to try it yet

Would you let us know how that is? TIA! :goodvibes

Maureen: Hope you have a good day too! :goodvibes

Good evening everyone.

I didn't get home until after 6 and then had to have dinner. But dh was not home because he was meeting a scout about an Eagle project so we did not get dinner until 7. Right now I am just relaxing waiting for something good to come on tv. I have some crocheting to do. It is almost October and Breast cancer month. I want to make some pink scarves for my department. One of the teachers in our department is a 2 year survivor.

Anyone who is sick I hope you get better soon.

Thanks for all the great memories over the last few days.

Have a nice evening everyone.

CC- Redwalker and I were roommates freshman year of college and she and her DH introduced me and my DH! We've known each other 22 years!!!!

Cheeseburger pie was pretty good. I'll put more spices in next time and I may try and use eggbeaters next time as well. I had one small piece.

I got in a little over a mile at the track in the rain while DD1 was at soccer practice. I plan on getting up early again tomorrow to do my 2 mile workout. Then I have to work at 9. I need to go to the transfer station around lunch time. We switch to a pay as you throw system starting on Saturday so I want to get as much out tomorrow and Thursday as possible. I'm going to try to do a new walking workout I saw on demand the other day some time tomorrow. I will also get about 2-3 miles in on the track during DD2s soccer practice if the weather cooperates.

Watching DWTS now. Looking forward to watching the Event at 9.

I'm feeling ok, just a bit tired still. DH is feeling better too! Going to be a busy week. Kids are out at noon on Wednesday so we'll probably get some cleaning done then before my parents arrive on Sunday. Got a munchie so I think I'll grab a Special K bar.

Good night all!

For the first time in a while I really struggled to finish my workout. I originally was going to go 60 min. on the ellipitcal. Well I left work later than planned, and really struggled to do just do 30. Luckily when I got home, Mike had started dinner (he was chopping the veggies for veggie fajitas.) I just wanted to go out and have some bad for you food and a beer. Instead we had fajitas and I had a 55 calorie beer.

My workouts often feel struggled or cut short when I have so much to do on my mind. Its normal I guess. At least you got 30 minutes in. Thank goodness for Mike preparing your dinner. At least you got a great meal and the beer too.:thumbsup2

Today was a very good, OP day! I am now in a walking boot.

Glad to see you are making progress CC. Hang in there. What doesnt kill ya makes you stronger. Just think how strong your other leg will be.:lmao: Keep staying positive!!!!

I need to catch up on the QOTD-

Disney Memory- I have so many and they all are different and just as wonderful but I would say the best one yet was our first family trip we took last sept.

I cant pick a certain thing about that trip because I loved every part of it. Even the parts where my kids cried and whined. It was magical.:lovestruc

QOTD- Today.
I really dont do any workout videos. I occasionally will do zumba off of you tube. I enjoy Zumba by bradley.

I had a long day today. Worked from 8-6 then had a meeting with my lead physician. She treated me to Melt which is a "fancy" resturant. The bill for the two of us was 75$. It was yummy. I ordered capellini with shrimp. The sauce was olive oil and fresh tomato and basil. I only ate half the portion. I do feel over full though.

I missed my boys today I only got to spend a few minutes with them and then had to put them to bed.:guilty: Tomorrow night I have a flu shot clinic going at my office so it will be another late night.

I am still flying on cloud 9 after my race yesterday so hopefully it will get me through the next couple of busy days. My time posted and I completed it in 39:11. Not my quickest but being in a huge crowd of people really slows you down. My friend usually runs a 22min 5K and her time was 32:07.

I really need to focus on my points again. I think I am falling off the wagon a little to much. I have nothing planned this weekend so I am going to use it to get re-organized.

Taryn- I hope AK had a wonderful birthday. Dont feel bad talking about the girls I love to hear the stories.

Cam- Your vow renewal pics are so beautiful. It must have been such an amazing trip for you and your family. What a great thing to do.

Taryn, sorry about the off plan day yesterday. :hug: I agree with pjlla, 2100 isn't too bad. You've already done your menu planning for the week so it sounds like you are getting right back OP! I was doing my one-chick hen thing this morning -- cluck! cluck! cluck! I'm not trying to scare you but my Dad died after falling down the stairs in the middle of the night so when I hear stuff like this I go :scared1:! (He was actually fine after the fall but had a subdural hematoma a few days later).
Lisa, thanks! You always know what to say! Hope DS has a great time at camp. :lmao: at the hen comment. :hug: about your dad. So sad.

Yep, I don't do shades of grey well, it's something I need to work on. Since I can't seem to be "on" all the time, I'm going to have to go with moderation. It was raining for me this morning, too, so I didn't get up early to run. I never wake up when it's raining, I guess my body is still on the clock where you slept in at the cave when it rained...;) I actually seem to have chills today and I don't feel great.
Maria, I hope you feel better now! I love the cave analogy. Maybe that's the answer to the "seasonal affective disorder" I feel like I have. I'm reverting to roots! I can't do anything in a happy way when it's raining!

Decorating Deliema: I think you need an oversized mushroom shaped cookie jar. You could also prop a pretty table cloth up in one area. A Giant Key or even Keyhole would be cute too
Happy Birthday AK!!!
Great idea! I'll tell her happy B'day from everyone. So sweet of you!

While I'll be the first to admit that any kind of Bisquick certainly wouldn't fall in the "Top 10 healthiest foods" list.... it certainly can be a lifesaver for a busy family!! About 10:30 I started feeling really queasy and icky and sort of a sick headache. Not sure what that was all about. :confused3 I finished my laundry and upstairs chores and sat to chat with DH for a while.
Hope you are feeling better. You need a pocketwatch, too! Thanks for the ideas re: the Bisquick, I might have to get some.

I love the Weight loss Yoga with Bob Harper. It makes you use muscles you didn't even know you had, and burns calories fast!
Now that sounds like something I need! Good luck at getting your goal by Friday!

Hopefully you'll hear something tomorrow. And you will totally be able to do the 20 minute run. Just break it into chunks. I told myself - you can do 10, that's only a couple more than you've done. Then at 10, surely you can make it to 15, and then there was no way I was going to stop before I was done that close!

Susan- I really do feel that green tea helps me!
In what way? Feel fuller?

Lisa - riding in the coach was amazing! I can't even describe it any other way.
:cloud9: Sounds wonderful!

We had a lovely weekend out at University of Notre Dame. My food choices were much better than I might have expected.
Welcome home! Glad you had a great time!

My family are so flexible. I am really fortunate because I can modify a recipe and either they don't notice or they just don't mind. We'll be at Disney's Hilton Head resort for Thanksgiving this year with my MIL and our "adopted" daughter, and we'll have to decide whether we are taking a turkey, buying one at a local grocery store there, or ordering a deep-fried turkey from the resort (they smell delicious!!). Absolutely, without a doubt, our vow renewal weekend over marathon weekend at WDW in January 2009. The entire weekend was full of magical moments.
Cam - have a s'more at the campfire for me! Are you by chance going to the Piggly Wiggly?;) That weekend does sound absolutely a dream come true

Taryn – I’m not ready to put myself in that boat yet. Maybe I should ask DS’s doctor if there is an adult equivalent of her so I can get evaluated at some point though? Either way, the world is going to hell in a hand basket if we don’t make some serious changes (ethical, societal, political, etc.) real quick! Taryn’s monsoon from yesterday, so practice has been cancelled. I decided tonight will be grocery store night and I’ll run tomorrow, which actually works better this week since my other runs are going to be Thursday and Saturday.
ITA!!! If you are getting my monsoon, don't count on running tomorrow! I haven't seen sun since late Saturday. It started raining Sat. evening, and I think it's finally supposed to stop late tomorrow morning. :mad:

Taryn--could you all send some of that rain this way? We are 3-4 inches behind for the year! It is so dry. DS said it's raining like crazy in Columbia, and he had to put a suit on for a meeting tonight.For the first time in a while I really struggled to finish my workout.
Mental or physical struggle? Hope the ankle is holding up! I'd love to send this mess SOMEWHERE!!!! We're really down, too, but it's coming down faster than the ground can absorb it. The roads were awful!

I am now in a walking boot. I can take it off to shower, but otherwise it has to stay on. I am trying to stay at 1200 calories too. It’s hard at times, but I find it helpful to remember how far I’ve (and we’ve) come!
YAY for showers!!!! Yes, dear, we've come a loong way. Sometimes, it seems like alooong way to go, but we're closer!

It is almost October and Breast cancer month. I want to make some pink scarves for my department. One of the teachers in our department is a 2 year survivor.
I:lovestruc hearing about all your charitable projects! You are an :littleangel:

CC- Redwalker and I were roommates freshman year of college and she and her DH introduced me and my DH! We've known each other 22 years!!!!!
Too cool!!!!

I had a long day today. Worked from 8-6 then had a meeting with my lead physician. She treated me to Melt which is a "fancy" resturant. I missed my boys today I only got to spend a few minutes with them and then had to put them to bed.I am still flying on cloud 9 after my race yesterday so hopefully it will get me through the next couple of busy days.
Glad you still have the "high" today, and sorry that you miss your boys! I know how those nights go! As for your time, that was the least important piece of yesterday's puzzle!

Had a very OP day food wise,Kashi bar for breakfast, protein shake for lunch,and veg. stew for dinner. No time for exercise, though! Oversleeping this am really threw me off all DAY! Roads were HORRIBLE on the way to and from gymnastics. Rain makes me grumpy!

Stressing again over money, just found out that Brad will probably be on short time for the rest of the year. His salary was about half this month:scared1:, and the bills keep pilling up. Not sure what we're going to do to dig out of it, hoping it doesn't come to something drastic. Want to try to refinance the house to cut that bill a bit, but I'm afraid our credit got shot this month...... Send PPD our way, please. Pretty, pretty, please. Brad didn't sleep at all today worrying, and I'm not feeling the sleep tonight. I can't afford a repeat of up til 1, sleep late today....

JEN - Hope your interview went well today!

Pinkle, Ann, Jennz, Dahly, and more MISS YOU GUYS! Hope you are okay!!!!

Anna Kathryn had a good day - but all good things must come to an end.

Night everyone!:hug:
Taryn

9/24 Friday QOTD: As we get closer to the holidays do you think your family will accept new recipes that will help you keep on track?

My family are so flexible. I am really fortunate because I can modify a recipe and either they don't notice or they just don't mind. We'll be at Disney's Hilton Head resort for Thanksgiving this year with my MIL and our "adopted" daughter, and we'll have to decide whether we are taking a turkey, buying one at a local grocery store there, or ordering a deep-fried turkey from the resort (they smell delicious!!). As long as there are mashed potatoes, the "kids" won't care what other sides I serve. My MIL probably would be curious about what I've made and how I've modified the recipes, so I'll be keeping that in mind. She doesn't cook anything healthy and would drown everything in butter and use lard to prepare whatever she might cook, so I'll probably be pretty assertive about her just relaxing and leaving the cooking to me. ;)

9/25 Saturday QOTD: Really 2 questions: 1. Which classic Disney movie to love to watch over and over again. I mean from before 1970 2. Which more recent movie to do you enjoy watching. It could be live action or animation

1. Cinderella
2. Any of the Toy Story movies or Beauty & the Beast (hard to choose!)

9/26 Sunday QOTD: Disney's theme for the next year is "Let the Memories Begin" What is your best Disney memories.

Absolutely, without a doubt, our vow renewal weekend over marathon weekend at WDW in January 2009. The entire weekend was full of magical moments. Some of my favorites include wearing bride Minnie ears for the 1/2 marathon, throwing a private WISHES dessert party for 70 dear friends (including many WISH race team friends) at the Grand Floridian, having a private photo shoot at the Magic Kingdom starting at 5:45 a.m. the morning of our ceremony, and dancing with Mickey at our reception. Truly fun times!

Here are some of those memories:

DP--medalwinners.jpg

100_4935.jpg

castlemodified.jpg

family.jpg

100_5014.jpg

P.S. I'm sorry if some of the pictures are huge. I'm worried about re-sizing them because it might affect how they are posted elsewhere.

You vow renewal was beautiful. How many years had you been married before your vow renewal? It looks like a dream come true.
Lisa, thanks! You always know what to say! Hope DS has a great time at camp. :lmao: at the hen comment. :hug: about your dad. So sad.

Maria, I hope you feel better now! I love the cave analogy. Maybe that's the answer to the "seasonal affective disorder" I feel like I have. I'm reverting to roots! I can't do anything in a happy way when it's raining!

Great idea! I'll tell her happy B'day from everyone. So sweet of you!

Hope you are feeling better. You need a pocketwatch, too! Thanks for the ideas re: the Bisquick, I might have to get some.

Now that sounds like something I need! Good luck at getting your goal by Friday!

Hopefully you'll hear something tomorrow. And you will totally be able to do the 20 minute run. Just break it into chunks. I told myself - you can do 10, that's only a couple more than you've done. Then at 10, surely you can make it to 15, and then there was no way I was going to stop before I was done that close!

In what way? Feel fuller?

:cloud9: Sounds wonderful!

Welcome home! Glad you had a great time!

Cam - have a s'more at the campfire for me! Are you by chance going to the Piggly Wiggly?;) That weekend does sound absolutely a dream come true

ITA!!! If you are getting my monsoon, don't count on running tomorrow! I haven't seen sun since late Saturday. It started raining Sat. evening, and I think it's finally supposed to stop late tomorrow morning. :mad:

Mental or physical struggle? Hope the ankle is holding up! I'd love to send this mess SOMEWHERE!!!! We're really down, too, but it's coming down faster than the ground can absorb it. The roads were awful!

YAY for showers!!!! Yes, dear, we've come a loong way. Sometimes, it seems like alooong way to go, but we're closer!

I:lovestruc hearing about all your charitable projects! You are an :littleangel:

Too cool!!!!

Glad you still have the "high" today, and sorry that you miss your boys! I know how those nights go! As for your time, that was the least important piece of yesterday's puzzle!

Had a very OP day food wise,Kashi bar for breakfast, protein shake for lunch,and veg. stew for dinner. No time for exercise, though! Oversleeping this am really threw me off all DAY! Roads were HORRIBLE on the way to and from gymnastics. Rain makes me grumpy!

Stressing again over money, just found out that Brad will probably be on short time for the rest of the year. His salary was about half this month:scared1:, and the bills keep pilling up. Not sure what we're going to do to dig out of it, hoping it doesn't come to something drastic. Want to try to refinance the house to cut that bill a bit, but I'm afraid our credit got shot this month...... Send PPD our way, please. Pretty, pretty, please. Brad didn't sleep at all today worrying, and I'm not feeling the sleep tonight. I can't afford a repeat of up til 1, sleep late today....

JEN - Hope your interview went well today!

Pinkle, Ann, Jennz, Dahly, and more MISS YOU GUYS! Hope you are okay!!!!

Anna Kathryn had a good day - but all good things must come to an end.

Night everyone!:hug:
Taryn

I'm sorry that the economy is effecting you too :goodvibes I can commiserate with you. Since I can't seem to land a full time job, I've bit the bullet and agreed to work more evenings. I hate to be away from my kids so much, but there are bills to pay and this is my only solution for now. :wizard::wizard:Hopefully you can figure something out soon.:hug:

Ok I just lost my long multi quote thing. So instead I will try to remember what I said.

cc- sorry about your grandma. Its hard when theyre at that age and reality isnt reality to them. I dont know if its possible at this point to change their eating habbits????

hows your foot? does it hurt anymore?

cam- beautiful pics. thanks for sharing.

taryn- boat load of pixie dust headed your way

redwalker- you can do it!!!

i know im missing a ton more. sorry.

qotd: only tried windsor pilates and liked it. I will definitely check out the others people have mentioned. I have an elliptical in my room so the cold or rain wont stop me.

hope everyone on the east coast is doing well with the rain. we're burning up over here.

just realized today that im a week away from my trip. I thought it was two weeks away. didnt get any of my first choice ADRs... california grill, le cellier, coral reef, ohana. I did get cinderellas royal table for lunch. My first time going so Im looking foward to it. Does anyone have any suggestions??

ok off to do some homework :headache::headache::headache:

Well I found 3 of the kid's books on Alibris $39.42 grand total--something I'd never heard of until a thread on the budget board I'd saved. The photography one that was $80 I got for $15 on ebay-it was from Goodwill so I feel good about that one. The other I let the kid just pick up used from the bookstore there since it was only $11. So he's set. I probably could have done better if I hadn't Completely Forgot about books. Lol. Well last time I kept trying to get him the one and we couldn't even get a title until right before class started. I'll know better next time. It's going to be up to him to sell the things-- I told him he could keep that money if he took charge of the whole thing.
I think everyone's kind of in a good mood maybe for fall. :goodvibes Y'know on the board and all-- a good overall tone anyway. I personally stored away all my summer clothes and bedding so it promptly was 86 here today. Supposed to be that way all week...It's all good.

Green Tea-- always helped me. It's nice to see another Susan around here. Seems like the name itself is getting scarce...
Well I have to go wash my hair, grab Penney and go to bed. She has to stay in my room all night because she can't go outside. We have a system in the summer, keep the cats in by day, let them out late at night. It works because we're very urban-- only animals we see around here prowling anyway are a few racoons and possums and they don't bother the cats. It's cars and mean old ladies they have to contend with... it's a shame-- our street in a one lane 25mph zone but people go too fast. there's no sidewalks either and you'll see a lot of people walking and kids playing. I don't know what is so urgent to people they'd risk lives. :mad: Also the cats-- (being cats) prefer the outdoor plumbing in the summer so keeping them in that amount of time helps with that issue. :laundy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter