• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser 10 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers :)

So yes or no on the banana?

We are having a rotisserie chicken and steamed broccoli for dinner!!

For part two of the challenge, post your thoughts about emotional support. You can give a shout out thank you to someone, talk about how someone has supported you, post about what has happened when you try to do it on your own or anything else about the topic.
This thread is my emotional support. 100%. Yes, I get compliments, that I am still not good at accepting. Today someone said I was a stick, and I said I am more like an old oak. I still think that yes, I look good compared to where I was in Jan., but I want to look good period. When people ask me how I did it, I usually say I stopped eating and started running. I want to say, a fantastic group of Disney nuts helped a bunch, but I don't usually want to prolong the convo! I really could not have gotten as far as I did without you, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. :grouphug:

I think we should look into this.
Can you tell I totally am in the middle of TOM. As of this morning I had lost .2 hopefully my binge does not affect me too much. I would be happy with a maintain this week considering the circumstances.Tonight I had a slight injury. .
Lindsay - I think I'm older, though. I love it "slight injury" followed by "worse than childbirth". Hope you are okay!!

Yoga was great last night. She really is working our shoulders this session.
That's great Dona! I'd love to get into some yoga I can get sore from!

What are 5 "go-to" foods that help you stay on track?

1. melon -watermelon, cantaloupe
2. Kashi bars
3. baby carrots
4. water
5. low fat string cheese

I also need to have some Greek Yogurt to have when I don't go to the WC.
The one time I tried it, I had bought it to eat after I had that oral surgery. I had one taste, totally drugged, and almost vomited. It was not what I was expecting, I am trying to work up the nerve to try it again. It tasted like sour cream to me.

On TOM, I'm there with you all. So funny, so many of us are there. I am down 1.2 today. Thrilled with that, since I did go over flex points by 10 yesterday, and I did have my day of junk eating too. .
Welcome to our merry band! :rolleyes: Way to go on the loss, lady!

Taryn -- Have fun today! You should totally get yourself over to customizedgirl dot com and have a shirt made that says that. No wonder you have been so successful on this journey -- your activity levels that put you at such a high number are just one of the reasons you look so fabulous!!! (yes, I'm a carb freak)
I'm a carb freak too, but it hates me!!!! My activity levels USED to be high. I am looking forward to the day they can return there.

Happy with my weigh in, however, it was that time of the month last week, so I know I didn't really "lose" as much as the scale says. (LOL Do you think I'm saying that to myself cause I know I'll be around bad food and alcohol?!??!)
Do you lose the TOM weight immediately after you finish? I am giong to be around bad food and alcohol tomorrow, the food I can leave, the other.....

Make sure you don't trip over any of those pounds that will be falling of you!Tween snacks :scared1: not for me. I think I'll make some light cream cheese wraps and I'll have one of those if I feel the need.
That sounds like a food I would like! I love cream cheese. You should write for stand up, or just do it!

1My back is very sore today. I didnt take any meds or ice it. I will be ok its just going to be a really bad bruise. At least it wont affect my running. Im so paranoid Im going to injure myself now that I signed up for the princess. Just another anxiety of mine.I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. Cant blame anyone but myself. I was on here until 1245am and then watched tv until 2am
Glad you are down to just a bad bruise, and not something permanent. I'd take some ibuprofen before you run, though, just in case. Sounds like you had a great night alone, though!

Beals - I'm down .4 but like you I'm happy with it given my effort...down is down right?!:banana:
Again, a loss is a loss, no matter how small!

Oh yes, any down is good in my book. I have been a WW member since March 2009. I've been off track for about 4 months. I remember when I started, I woould alway be disappointed with .2, .4, etc., until my WW leader said, "Hey, remember, .2 is a stick of butter". It puts it into perspective. Congrats on your .4 loss!
My weight fluctuates so much on a weekly basis, depending on carbs and sodium, that anything less than a pound seems like a fake or a non event....

A fellow Chobani lover - isn't it the best?? I love the texture of it . . .
Really??????

I am happy to report that I am down 2.5 lbs in only 5 days I have planned a splurge though, tomorrow is my birthday and I will be having cheesecake. I plan to do a lot of walking so hopefully I'll burn it off, but if not I have all of my weekly points.:thumbsup2
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EARLY!!!!

am sorry I have not been around much. I am dog sitting so the computer is not on much!!!I am so happy to be down three pounds this week. I have been eating lean cuisines for dinner so I think that is helping.Good luck to every one!!!
Glad you stopped in! Great loss!!!

I am a happy camper because I am down 3.5 pounds this week!
:worship::yay: That personal trainer and princess training are leading you to a fall winner..... this is going to be YOUR challenge, I feel it!

I loved today's QOTD... I like seeing what OTHERS consider their healthy necessities. And I love what I see people posting. Well, I'm going to cut myself short right now so I have a few minute to post recipes over on the BL recipe thread. TTYL...................P
I printed a few out already! Thanks. And good job on the loss!!!

What a great snack idea! Have you tried those new little mini tubs of cream cheese? Veggie cream cheese on some point friendly tortillas sounds like a great combination of carbs and protein to kill the munchie monster. Oh, and the strawberry flavor on a plain tortilla might be a great dessert! Thanks for the ideas!
GREAT IDEA!!!!!! Wonder how many cal. I could get away with... hmm.... AND a life threating condition? You've overcome so much. No wonder you are such a strong and motivated person! And don't feel like you have to respond to each and every post... that would add stress that you don't need. We're all in this together!

I only have a few minutes, but I wanted to post that I am down 4.2 for the week. I am very happy with that.
:worship: GREAT JOB CC!!!!

Now for the BL pointers that I found useful: 100% cranberry juice (no sugar) is great for stopping water retention (I find this especially helpful at TOM). I do a shot a day.
THAT IS AWESOME INFO, I am a sponge. Completely. GOT to buy some cranberry juice!

I am leery of the 1-2 gallons of water a day. I have heard some really negative stuff about drinking too much. It can throw off your electrolytes. But I wonder at what volume that is a risk. I'll try to find more information on that to share.
Do you remember the story about a lady that drank too much water to win a radio contest and died? Well, my family does, b/c my mom stresses about it all the time with the sheer amount I drink. I usually have 60 oz. by noon....

Thanks for these tips! I just heard about the ground flax seeds yesterday. Do you buy them ground or do you do it yourself? I lost no weight.
Strength training can shift the weight instead of making you loose it, for sure. Also, I tend to have a big loss, followed by none. I like flax seeds, I used to put them whole in DD's oatmeal when I made her the "Super Baby Food Diet"

own 1.8 for the week which is good since it's PMS week. I haven't felt PMSy this week at all. If I'm working out a lot it helps me deal with it. .
Great job Tracey!!!

Scale at home I'm using for WI was down 2.2 this morning. Scale at WW was only down 1. Bummer! 1. What speed is considered jogging vs. running? I walk at 12 - 14 min miles depending on terrain & I frequently pass 'joggers'. When I jog, it's at about 7 - 9 min miles. Just curious.
Lady, you are flying!!! I "jog" about 10.5 on shorter runs, 11. 5 on longer runs.! Glad you had a loss.

Could someone please explain birth control to me? :rotfl2: Mom is constantly insulting me because of how I look and often tells me that I embarrass her. She doesn't want me to go to church with her because I don't look good enough.
What part about birth control do you need explained? ;) I cannot believe your Mom. CC... I don't know how you deal with that. Have you talked to her? :hug:

But the scale says I'm up a pound this week. I am now into water retention TOM and I might not have the greatest week on the scale next week, but I keep plugging away. I wasn't feeling good about my weight this week, especially after using the BMR calculator and realizing that I was still under my calories every day this week.
Maybe that's part of the problem. You need to eat your minimum calories. You're body will hold onto every ounce if you don't!

My diva cup makes TOM a little easier to deal with so I've come to embrace it somewhat but I still don't like it.Yahy! I was in 3 lb loss club too but I know its all water weight being shoved around since I haven't been exercising even.
I love your braveness. I got my Diva just before our trip to WDW, and wish I had years ago! Congrats on the loss.

Another learning week for me. Week 1, I did great with exercise but not so good with eating and did not lose at all. Week 2, I did a good job with eating (trying to meat the healthy habits helped) but horrible at exercise and lost .4. This week, I want to try to combine the two. My exercise will be what I did not accomplish last week:
When they both come together, the results are usually great!

I started WW in April and have lost 18 lbs.:) Having said that, I've been hovering at that loss for about 2 months. For 20 days of the 2 months, I was on vacation in Paris and then on a Disney 10 day Mediterranean cruise so I can't complain too much about the amount of time I've been hovering.
What a wonderful vacation!! Welcome, and congrats on your success thus far!

HH Part 2 – Emotional Support
Pretty much everyone I’ve confided in IRL has been supportive for the most part, but you guys here have been amazing. Well, today marks the 7th anniversary of my dad’s accident, so I’m pretty crabby and emotional, anti-social at the moment so forgive me for not replying to more.
Bree :hug:. Sunday will be the anniversary of Daddy's death. I know exactly what you mean.

I admit that I am a pretty "needy" person. I am on this journey solely for my own benefit and yet I am selfish enough to need others to provide the encouragement and support and advice that will help me to succeed.
I feel kinda selfish sometimes, I unload so much here. That's why I try to respond so much, even if it's just a hug or a congrats!

Hi everyone! I was down 1.8 for the week! I havent seen that kind of weight loss in a week for a long time.
Great job Jeanette!!!

My daughter has been great as well. Thankfully, autism did not touch her eating habits - one of the few areas she can be flexible on. So she's been really good about enthusiastically embracing our healthy eating.
That's great that she can be flexible with her eating. You are such an amazing parent, and I am very humbled by your accomplishments!

Like most people said, No it doesn't count for the healthy oils...sadly.
P - have you read much or heard much about coconut oil? There is a lot of conflicting opinions on it...

I was offered a part in a new project at work, which means overtime, which means extra cash! Looking forward to it. I fell honored to be asked to take part and the money is just a bonus! My boyfriends (who works for the same company) will also be involved, so overtime
How many boyfriends do you have?;) Congrats on the overtime!

Subbing is not all that hard most days but I have had a couple where I swear you could not pay me enough to go back to those classes. ** Do you see how all my hours in the day are being filled too
So, before I even start the next part, you can see how there is no time in my life right now. So, it was the up ad down emotions again and I just did not feel like coming here and making you all live through it with me.

Here is what is going to pick me back up and make me keep on moving forward....I have decided that I am not weak and I am not giving in. but I will say that I finished in the top 1/3 out of all the participants...men and woman. There were 1600 people who started the race and 400 never even crossed the finish line.
Jen.. Jen.... Jen...Okay hon. You are amazing, and strong. You do more and handle more than most people could endure. I am so very proud to have you as a friend, and to say I "know" you. HUGs galore to you!!! You really truly have a great outlook right now. Copy and paste that post somewhere and hang it when it gets tough!

I have two minutes before I have to change to get ready to go out tonight. It is like 97 degrees here! Ugh! So hot! I read some replies this morning while Mike was still sleeping, but I am now pages behind. Someone pm me if I miss something important.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!

BRB with my own sagas.

Didn't weigh in this am. I will tomorrow. Had a rough day. Just... drained. Couldn't get the get up and go to run, I should have. I REALLY should have.

Then, got Daddy on my mind after I got to work, someone mentioned something that triggered it. I HATE trying not to cry at school, not succeeded, then having to lie and tell the kids I got something in my eye.

THEN I found out a school that Sophie and my friend's daughter got in time out at preschool for wrestling. Totally bummed out. 3rd day of preschool, in trouble already. Worried about her. Kids were wild again today. The whole school was. My IRL friends went out tonight, and I had no desire to go.

Just walked AK to school to the dance, when it's over, the girls will go to MIl and FIL for the night, we'll leave around 7:30 in the am for VT. It's the last game we have tix for until mid October.

Weird TOM this time, very bloated, and somehow.. not that hungry. :confused3 What I want is not good for me, mostly carbs.

I will end on a good note. When I got home, DH had cleaned the kitchen and den for me. :love::cloud9:

Might check in later tonight if I feel up to it. Have a great, great, great night all!!

TARYN:hug:

Keenercam -
I haven't got the knack of multiposting down yet - I go to the produce market - get a very large head of romaine lettuce chop it up small, put it in the salad spinner to get most of the water out after rinsing it and then put it in a large ziploc bag with paper towels in it, rolliing it before sealing to get all the air out - it will keep nicely for about 3 days, but by then it is usually used up anyway :)
Michele

Lisah0711 -
Thank you so much for letting me know about he tech support thing - I have wanted to PM my weight to LuvBalloo but I can't
Now I need to figure out the multiposting trick ;)
M

I signed in because I realized that my response to Lisah was missing so I thought I'd try it again. I see that I owe a lot of thanks to all of you. :goodvibes
Great number thanks to all your hard work and maybe a bit of the coaching effect?

Definitely coaching! Well, maybe the exercise too ;)

CC, parents can be hard on adult children. I hope you find a job soon and are able to move out of your parent's home. I get along great with my parents since I don't live with them anymore.

Thanks for the support. I did live in an apartment for one year. It did not go well at all. My roommate :eek: Can you say dirty pots and pans all over the kitchen for days? I really want to teach and am optimistic, but even with a job, I think it is best if I continue to live with them.

CC, Don't let the "scares" scare you off from it. It is a rather interesting read. Most of its stuff we already know deep down inside.

birth control pills make me sick when I first started them YEARS ago. I haven't taken any in oh 6 years or so. I charted to avoid along with a diaphragm and gel. TOM sucks but its better than pills throwing off your body. My diva cup makes TOM a little easier to deal with so I've come to embrace it somewhat but I still don't like it. If your pill is still making you sick try another one. I personally advocate for not at all but understand its not for everyone.

It is hard to live with parents I know that.

I will try to borrow the book from my library. I'll probably be going tomorrow. As for being on birth control, it is essential. I wouldn't know where I am in my cycle without it and I need to know because of the vertigo. It could be related to my menstrual cycle, but that is also an indicator of Meniere's, or it could not be, but either way, we need to know. As for a different one, my OG/GYN thinks this is the best one for me. I trust her completely so I'll stick to it.

We just finished dinner. My father baked my fish and breaded and fried theirs. He was cooperative, but not thrilled. Still, I'll take it. Thanks for the support too.

I started WW in April and have lost 18 lbs.:) Having said that, I've been hovering at that loss for about 2 months. For 20 days of the 2 months, I was on vacation in Paris and then on a Disney 10 day Mediterranean cruise so I can't complain too much about the amount of time I've been hovering.
We did A LOT of walking on our trip.

WTG on the loss so far! No gain on a 10-day cruise! That's a huge success in my book! :woohoo:

Well, today marks the 7th anniversary of my dad’s accident, so I’m pretty crabby and emotional, anti-social at the moment so forgive me for not replying to more. I’m not sure if I’ve talked about it before or not, but my dad was in a car accident that left him paralyzed from the chest down, it's been really hard on him obviously and the rest of the family too. The “person” who caused the accident drove off. It’s still a pretty sore subject for me sometimes – especially today, but at least I can look forward to an evening by myself with a long run to keep my mind off of things.

:hug:

I wanted to respond to the Healthy Habits Part 2

Thanks for sharing! And, thank you for all of your support, coach! :hug:

You did such a great job! Im positive youre going to reach your goal.

Thanks Jeanette! :woohoo: on your 1.8 loss! I definitely think the fruits/veggies helped me too!

I am going to search out the soy milk you mentioned. I am very lactose intolerant (genetic) and am always looking for something new to try.

As to my support system, my thin husband has been great this time around. He walks with me every morning at 4 am. We live in a safe neighborhood but 4 am is still early. We do laps around our block - 0.6 miles for each one and we do between 4 and 6 of them every day. There are a lot of demands on us (both college profs and we have an autistic teenager) so I know it's a lot to ask. He does it willingly.

My daughter has been great as well. Thankfully, autism did not touch her eating habits - one of the few areas she can be flexible on. So she's been really good about enthusiastically embracing our healthy eating. It's been nice to see.

And you guys are the best. Again, I don't post much but I keep the thread open. Really helps.

What a great family you have! :yay:

Going to have to split this in 2...too many smilies!

Sorry you feel you don't get enough support at home. Not sure what to say about that. But I'm SO glad you are here with us! Thanks for sharing your feelings....:hug:

You and all of my BL friends are great! I appreciate it so much that I can share things like that.

I used plain seltzer.... they came out just fine! Thanks SO much for the idea!

I hope you all have a marvelous weekend!......................P

I love the seltzer idea! I definitely need to try that.

Have a great weekend too! Enjoy your trip! :)

I was offered a part in a new project at work, which means overtime, which means extra cash! Looking forward to it. I fell honored to be asked to take part and the money is just a bonus! My boyfriends (who works for the same company) will also be involved, so overtime x2! YAY!

:yay: What an honor! And, :woohoo: for OT x2!

Your BF sounds great too!

CC -- I am so sorry you aren't getting any support at home. I just can't even imagine saying such a thing to my DD as your Mom has commented about you going to church with her. I've just never thought that trying to shame someone into doing something or changing was effective. (Do you mind me asking how old you are? My DD is 22. If you're not too old and I'm not too young, I'll adopt you!! She'd love to have a "sister" :hug: )

Thanks! I don't dare post what she said after dinner, right after I shared that I weighed-in closer to where I was a few months ago. It was just rude and not based on fact at all. That is what held me together.

Thanks for the offer. I'm sure I would love you, DH, and DD! I am 26, btw. :hug:

I have decided that I am not weak and I am not giving in.

I have decided that I am an amazing person and that this moment in my life is hard but I will run through it with a smile on my face like I do each race.

:hug: and :thumbsup2

Jen, you are an amazing person! You are a wonderful wife and mother to two beatufil, highly successful children. They are smart and talented dancers. You pour your heart and soul into everything you do from running 1 mile to running a 1/2 marathon, from answering simple application questions to answering 500 word essay questions. You are a huge support to all of us here. You have achieved Lifetime status at WW and I know you will never go back. Your mud run pictures are amazing! I would love to have your energy, stamina, and physique.

I cannot wait to hear more about the mud run! :goodvibes

Thanks Rose! Hope you are having a great time!

What part about birth control do you need explained? ;) I cannot believe your Mom. CC... I don't know how you deal with that. Have you talked to her? :hug:

First, I am :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: You have cracked me up again!

Thanks for the support. Omg have I tried to talk to her. :eek: It's like talking to a wall.

Didn't weigh in this am. I will tomorrow. Had a rough day. Just... drained. Couldn't get the get up and go to run, I should have. I REALLY should have.

Then, got Daddy on my mind after I got to work, someone mentioned something that triggered it. I HATE trying not to cry at school, not succeeded, then having to lie and tell the kids I got something in my eye.

THEN I found out a school that Sophie and my friend's daughter got in time out at preschool for wrestling. Totally bummed out. 3rd day of preschool, in trouble already. Worried about her. Kids were wild again today. The whole school was. My IRL friends went out tonight, and I had no desire to go.

Just walked AK to school to the dance, when it's over, the girls will go to MIl and FIL for the night, we'll leave around 7:30 in the am for VT. It's the last game we have tix for until mid October.

Weird TOM this time, very bloated, and somehow.. not that hungry. :confused3 What I want is not good for me, mostly carbs.

I will end on a good note. When I got home, DH had cleaned the kitchen and den for me. :love::cloud9:

Might check in later tonight if I feel up to it. Have a great, great, great night all!!

TARYN:hug:

:woohoo: for DH!

I had to force myself to eat lunch today at 4 PM. One of my goals for myself is to eat 3 meals a day it has been so bad.

Hope you have a great weigh-in tomorrow! :goodvibes

Hope Sophie and your students are back to their perfect selves on Monday! :goodvibes

:hug: Have the best weekend possible! Anniversaries are tough and triggers are the worst. Post often. I will be thinking of you. :hug:

I am exhausted due to my good friend TOM and still a little upset about how low my BMR is. What worries me is that I'm going to have to do even more exercising than I am already to get the weight off. My BMR is actually in my recommended Sparkpeople calorie range it's so low. Tomorrow is W2D2 of the C25K and I am really looking forward to it. I'll probably do some Wii-ing too.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Happy Birthday Deb!

CC

Okay I have quite a bit of catching up to do, but here goes my first try at actual quotes:

It is a small world. I usually go down ash street during my run/walks. I come out to high st, down gould/by the florist to ash and purchase is one mile, and depending on how long, I'll go to the police station, right on sylan and back to ash for a 3 mile loop, or I go up to mckinnons and cross over pine and come by the Y. I like to stay off the busier streets if I can, though since I've been running since feb I've come a long way in not feeling embarrassed to be seen. Maybe we could meet for a walk some time. My son loves to scooter to the skate park.

Small world indeed! We should definitely plan to meet up for a walk. We're headed to the Big E tomorrow, so maybe some weekend soon.

Are you and your family into pizza? The new Santarpio's on Rte 1 just opened and it's super tasty. They aren't advertising, but a friend of mine drove by and we called and got take out for lunch yesterday.

I can't eat the Greek yogurt alone. I have to mix it into a smoothie with fruit! I'm going to get some Herbalife stuff to use in my smoothies!

Need to share this quote my mother shared with me earlier before I lose it or forget it:

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself!!!!!

How true is that!

DH just made us frozen mudslides. May need to put a blender on our Christmas list as ours was smoking a bit!

Played the longest game of Star Wars Trouble EVER!!!!! DH ended up winning and then a half hour later DD2 finally finished. DD1 and I had conceded at that point!

Girls are getting ready for bed and DH and I are going to watch tv for awhile. Not sure what else we have left to watch on the TIVO tonight! Eureka isn't on tonight so not sure what we'll watch! Red Sox are on.

Going to try and get up early to get in a 2-3 mile workout and leave here by 7:45. Not going to buy any food tomorrow but will probably have something on Sunday.

DH just told me he had the $10 off coupon for the new Tinkerbell movie that comes out on Tuesday! I'll be heading out to get that on Tuesday after work.

I'll have to go pick up one of our car seats at Enterprise Rental on Monday as I left it in the backseat today. I only had the car for 3 hours!!!!! Oh well, it will give me an excuse to go to WalMart on Monday while DD2 is at Kindergarten.

I'm rambling! Have a great night!!!!!

It is like 97 degrees here! Ugh! So hot!

I would love some of your weather. It is so cold here. I feel like we had summer one day and then suddenly...BAM! Totally fall with no time to adjust to losing the heat. Today I actually wore a long sleeve shirt with a sweater over it. :sad2:

Jen - Congratulations on that awesome, awesome finish to your race!! You are right to think of this time in your life, these trials, as another race. You are so strong and determined and someone is going to realize you are exactly the right person for their school. I hope it is sooner, rather than later (i.e., a 5k instead of a marathon. ;) )

Cam - I also hope this is also just a 5K! :goodvibes

This thread is my emotional support. 100%. Yes, I get compliments, that I am still not good at accepting. Today someone said I was a stick, and I said I am more like an old oak. I still think that yes, I look good compared to where I was in Jan., but I want to look good period. When people ask me how I did it, I usually say I stopped eating and started running. I want to say, a fantastic group of Disney nuts helped a bunch, but I don't usually want to prolong the convo! I really could not have gotten as far as I did without you, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. :grouphug:

Taryn - You need to learn to become better at accepting compliments You are also an incredible person who has accomplished so much. I know that you still see all that there is left to do and you need to learn to recognize and love what you have done. I think you are an incredible person to have done so much so far! You are amazing!

Jen.. Jen.... Jen...Okay hon. You are amazing, and strong. You do more and handle more than most people could endure. I am so very proud to have you as a friend, and to say I "know" you. HUGs galore to you!!! You really truly have a great outlook right now. Copy and paste that post somewhere and hang it when it gets tough!

Thank you. I am so proud to know all of you. I have just decided that I am tired of feeling bad and that I have accomplished too much to feel bad about myself. I really think that much of my strength has come from learning from all of you and the support that I find here. I used to doubt that I was able to do so many things and now I feel like there is little that I could not accomplish if I put my mind to it.

Then, got Daddy on my mind after I got to work.

3rd day of preschool, in trouble already.

Taryn - :hug: Hugs to you. Sounds like there is still so much on your plate. I am so happy that DH had done some work around the house to help you out and make you feel better. I don't think you should worry about DD being in trouble in preschool. :rotfl: I am sure she is more then fine but it is always so hard where it is your child. As for your weigh in and run....I skipped weigh-in this morning as well. I should have ran and didn't. I just woke up late and felt conflicted about things. I decided that I would try again tomorrow and that is what I will do. It is okay to let ourselves have a bit of a break.

Jen, you are an amazing person! You are a wonderful wife and mother to two beatufil, highly successful children. They are smart and talented dancers. You pour your heart and soul into everything you do from running 1 mile to running a 1/2 marathon, from answering simple application questions to answering 500 word essay questions. You are a huge support to all of us here. You have achieved Lifetime status at WW and I know you will never go back. Your mud run pictures are amazing! I would love to have your energy, stamina, and physique.

I cannot wait to hear more about the mud run! :goodvibes

Thanks CC! You guys are all so kind with your words of support and encouragement. I am truly feeling so blessed to have found the BL Challenge and all of my friends here. I feel blessed to have found a love of running because it has given me so much. It has helped me lose the 45 pounds and given me confidence I never thought I would have. I have a ways to go to reach my final goals but I do know that one day I will reach it.

Okay....mud run details to follow! :goodvibes

Well, it has been one week since the mud run. I know it sounds totally crazy but I will say that it is a run that changed the way I feel about so many things. I will tell about the run and maybe you will understand how I now feel different about so many things.

There were over 1600 people registered and crossed the start line of the race. There were over 400 who did not cross the finish line. There were people of all types, backgrounds, shapes and sizes. It was amazing to see who showed up to run this.

The race was 10K (a bit over 6 miles). It was set up to be 3-2 mile loops followed by a last path to take it home. The first loop primarily took place on the front part of a ski hill. We went down hill, up a hill, down a hill and up another hill. Then it started to go into the woods and the 1st set of water obstacles. At the end of the first 2 miles was the "Stairway to Heaven". The 2nd loop got harder and we began to see the real mud. We had some bigger obstacles and hills that I did not think I could ever conquer. The last loop made me laugh because it was beyond muddy and every step was an obstacle. At the end of 6 miles, I hit the cargo nets. My legs were shaking because at this point I was exhausted. After the cargo nets and the rope crossing, there was the final muddy hill and water obstacles to race to the finish.

Here are some of the obstacles:
Hurdles - Imagine the military style log hurdles that you have to run, leap and then throw your body over them.
Mud Pits - Climb through the muddy water. There were more of these pits then I could keep track of. Some of them had mud so thick you would sink to your thighs and you had to pull your body through with your arms. Some of the mud pits were so deep you had to use ropes to pull yourself out of the pit.
Low Crawls - Again, I lost count how many of these I had to do. They were too low to do on your hands and knees. You just had to get down and use your arms to pull though with a swim like motion. One of these low crawls was 42 feet long.
Over and Unders - These were the true test of how badly you wanted to finish. You would go over one log and then under the next, pull yourself up and over the next one and roll under the following one. It was the ultimate test of endurance as you were totally covered in mud.
The bogs - Big swamp like areas of waters with unexpected holes that you would fall in, trees/logs throughout and so much "junk" in the water that it was hard to know how to get through the bog.
The Wall - Run and pull yourself over the wall. Luckily there were a few toe holes to work with so I was able to get up and over.
The log walk - Some logs you walk across (they were very wobbly and covered with thick mud), some you crawled over and several you had to get down and go under.
The hills - Up hills and down hills with trails covered in sand or mud. They were totally ripped apart. Some had logs crisscrossing them, some had huge boulders and all were steeper then anything I have ever run. There were spots where you literally had to crawl up on your hands and knees and even use the roots of the trees or branches to pull yourself up.

There were people who would just sit down and not get back up at points. One guy I ran by for a while said that he would rather be running a marathon any day. There were a group of young people who said, "that old lady just passed us!" There were people who had obviously trained and ran it like warriors.

Imagine over 6 miles of this. I am not sure really how I accomplished it all and yes...I was running to the finish line with a smile on my face because I HAD accomplished it. It is still hard to explain to others what it was like to be in the middle of this race. I will say that it was the most amazing thing I have ever done. I cannot wait to go back next year and finish the race faster then I did this year. BTW...it took me 2 hours and 22 minutes. Even with that time, I finished in the top 1/3 of all participants. I did not run it all but I conquered that mud. This from a girl who cried running around the block in January.

It is long but there you have the mud run the best I can explain it.

Okay I have quite a bit of catching up to do, but here goes my first try at actual quotes:

Small world indeed! We should definitely plan to meet up for a walk. We're headed to the Big E tomorrow, so maybe some weekend soon.

Are you and your family into pizza? The new Santarpio's on Rte 1 just opened and it's super tasty. They aren't advertising, but a friend of mine drove by and we called and got take out for lunch yesterday.

We're going to the Big E next Saturday

Thanks for the Birthday wishes
I'm posting from my Droid. Not easy. I can read along though

I know how the Greek Yogurt is the same consistency of sour cream...but it is great with Tacos! Try it! I use the plain, and I love it because I can put a nice glob of it in my taco, and not feel bad about eating it! There is a new flavor, strawberry banana, it is good, and the plain strawberry is also good. I usually either have one of those for breakfast or a whole wheat organic English muffin with almond butter on it with my coffee.

Just telling you what the Biggest Loser contestants told us since someone asked. Not that it's the gospel. I know bananas aren't the enemies. This is information they gave us and if you did what they said to do, you lost weight. I lost 33 lbs in 12 weeks, so they knew what they were talking about. Take it as you want.

That is an absolutely fabulous loss! What an awe-inspiring accomplishment! Congratulations!

Family game time now. We watched Project Runway while eating dinner and I just set up Star Wars Trouble for all of us to play before the girls go to bed. I'm also in the middle of doing some laundry. Weather is going to be great this weekend! I'm excited and happy to be working at this fair!

Have a great night and weekend. Not sure when I'll get on this weekend.

Sounds like a fun night! Have a great weekend!

So yes or no on the banana?

We are having a rotisserie chicken and steamed broccoli for dinner!!

One of my favorite dinners. :goodvibes Costco has delicious rotisserie chicken.

Taryn -- I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I hope a hug will help. :hug: What a sweetie your hubbie was to help with the cleaning a bit.

Keenercam -
I haven't got the knack of multiposting down yet - I go to the produce market - get a very large head of romaine lettuce chop it up small, put it in the salad spinner to get most of the water out after rinsing it and then put it in a large ziploc bag with paper towels in it, rolliing it before sealing to get all the air out - it will keep nicely for about 3 days, but by then it is usually used up anyway :)
Michele

Thank you, Michele! Three days sounds great. I usually eat it for lunch and dinner, so I'd bet it would stay fresh until I finished it. I think I need a salad spinner.

CC -- Okay, I am definitely old enough to adopt you and my Jenn has always wanted a sister. :) I am really glad that your Dad baked your fish for you. Even if he did it grudgingly, he did it. I hope he knows how much you appreciate him supporting your efforts. I'm so sorry your mom was mean to you. Can I tell you something really personal? My mom was so hateful to me most of my life. I mean jaw-dropping stuff where people who heard her talk to me would do a double-take in disbelief. I just can't begin to tell you. Even today, 5 1/2 years after she died my friends remember how verbally and psychologically abusive she was to me. The day before she died, she left me a long, rambling phone message (that I've saved on a dictophone tape), apologizing for being so "mean and hateful" to me and crying, saying she couldn't believe how badly she'd treated me and how ashamed of it she was. She said that when she really stopped to think about it, she realized she'd been jealous of me, of the friends I had, the potential that she saw when I was young, the opportunities that I had, and all I'd accomplished as an adult. And she said she was proud of what a good person I'd turned out to be. Isn't that nice? I know most people would think so, but really? I'd realized long before that that the negative opinion of one person couldn't and shouldn't negate all the good that people saw in me. That if all these really wonderful people that I respected thought good of me, there was certainly some good there.

All of that is a very, very long way of saying that you can only be the best person you know how to be, strive for what you want to accomplish. When all is said and done, you are accountable to you for who you are and what you are. You can't control what other people think of you. You can only control how you let it affect you. Please do not let your mother's negative remarks derail your effort. We think you are awesome. :grouphug:

Need to share this quote my mother shared with me earlier before I lose it or forget it:

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself!!!!!

Great saying!

JenA -- LOVED hearing about the mud run!! You are totally amazing! :hug:

Well, it was a fun night. DS's HS football team won 35-0 (last week was 42-6) and the marching band was GREAT!! Andrew is the drumline captain and is a featured vocalist for their field show and when he stepped to the mike tonight it wasn't working. So sad for him. And we won't get to see him next week because we'll be out at Notre Dame for a football game. I'm sure when we see the band perform again 2 weeks from now they'll be even better!

Okay, I am off to bed. Getting up early to do 3 miles. TTYT! Have a great night, everyone!

Well, it has been one week since the mud run. I know it sounds totally crazy but I will say that it is a run that changed the way I feel about so many things. I will tell about the run and maybe you will understand how I now feel different about so many things.

Here are some of the obstacles:
Hurdles - Imagine the military style log hurdles that you have to run, leap and then throw your body over them.
Mud Pits - Climb through the muddy water. There were more of these pits then I could keep track of. Some of them had mud so thick you would sink to your thighs and you had to pull your body through with your arms. Some of the mud pits were so deep you had to use ropes to pull yourself out of the pit.
Low Crawls - Again, I lost count how many of these I had to do. They were too low to do on your hands and knees. You just had to get down and use your arms to pull though with a swim like motion. One of these low crawls was 42 feet long.
Over and Unders - These were the true test of how badly you wanted to finish. You would go over one log and then under the next, pull yourself up and over the next one and roll under the following one. It was the ultimate test of endurance as you were totally covered in mud.
The bogs - Big swamp like areas of waters with unexpected holes that you would fall in, trees/logs throughout and so much "junk" in the water that it was hard to know how to get through the bog.
The Wall - Run and pull yourself over the wall. Luckily there were a few toe holes to work with so I was able to get up and over.
The log walk - Some logs you walk across (they were very wobbly and covered with thick mud), some you crawled over and several you had to get down and go under.
The hills - Up hills and down hills with trails covered in sand or mud. They were totally ripped apart. Some had logs crisscrossing them, some had huge boulders and all were steeper then anything I have ever run. There were spots where you literally had to crawl up on your hands and knees and even use the roots of the trees or branches to pull yourself up.

It is long but there you have the mud run the best I can explain it.

WOW! That is absolutely amazing. Congrats on the incredible accomplishment of completing it. Keep up the super work!:yay:

Happy Birthday Luv Baloo

Read back a few days....

Flipflopmom:
This thread is my emotional support. 100%. Yes, I get compliments, that I am still not good at accepting. Today someone said I was a stick, and I said I am more like an old oak. I still think that yes, I look good compared to where I was in Jan., but I want to look good period. When people ask me how I did it, I usually say I stopped eating and started running. I want to say, a fantastic group of Disney nuts helped a bunch, but I don't usually want to prolong the convo! I really could not have gotten as far as I did without you, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I feel the same way but I always do end up adding the group even though it prolongs. It's the truth...

What are 5 "go-to" foods that help you stay on track?
1.Apples
2.Crockpot Stew (I know but tons of veggies and well trimmed meat==delicious and healthy
3.Nachos—same deal loaded with peppers, tomatoes, olives, refried beans, guac and not too much cheese any more. I’ve really got the chips down to a science—you have to look at how many calories are in how many chips. I really like the Costco organic.
4.Smoothies—yogurt, banana, fruit, milk, a little honey
5.Wine—1 glass helps with late night snacking, feelings of deprivation.

Everyone meet Penney...same story dire need me sleep deprived... cute kitten...
I have informed people at work next time there is a kitten/cat problem...A. there is No Where to take them. B. I will always take them. Therefore never inform me of the situation again. Period. She was tossed out of a moving car into our parking lot...

bella4.jpg
bella3.jpg
Penney.jpg

3.Nachos—same deal loaded with peppers, tomatoes, olives, refried beans, guac and not too much cheese any more. I’ve really got the chips down to a science—you have to look at how many calories are in how many chips. I really like the Costco organic.

I really wanna hear more about these nachos. I have such an perception of them as bad, I am very intregued.

And I want to say I do not like cats, but that kitten is adorable and the people that did it to her should also be thrown out of a moving car.

50sJayne,
Oh my poor Penney. Someone did that in the alley behind this guy I was working for, who was paralyzed, doing personal care type things and cleaning. He heard it crying had to holler for his teenage son to go check into it. They adopted her she was rowdy but fun and so fun to watch her grow. I spent 6 mornings a week with him so I saw her often, and their 2 dogs. They were rescue dachshunds and not too fond of visitors.

It is horrible that things like that happen. :( I'm like that too though. I end up taking in strays.

We had one jump out of our car once going 40 mph. We never thought he would have. He then jumped over a fence and we couldn't find him. :( My mom has "dumped" cats before and I would hate her for it for a long time. :sad1:

I know how the Greek Yogurt is the same consistency of sour cream...but it is great with Tacos! Try it!
HEY REDWALKER!!!!!! :yay::yay: That's a good idea to have it on hand as a sub for sour cream. And I might have to try Tracey's idea of a smoothie.

Taryn -- I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I hope a hug will help. :hug: What a sweetie your hubbie was to help with the cleaning a bit.
Definitely out of character for him! I was shocked. He even used the paste to clean the ceramic cooktop! He made a comment about how he'd watched Sophie and the dogs and cleaned all day and was exhausted. VALIDATION! ;)

My mom was so hateful to me most of my life. I mean jaw-dropping stuff where people who heard her talk to me would do a double-take in disbelief. I just can't begin to tell you. Even today, 5 1/2 years after she died my friends remember how verbally and psychologically abusive she was to me. The day before she died, she left me a long, rambling phone message (that I've saved on a dictophone tape), apologizing for being so "mean and hateful" to me and crying, saying she couldn't believe how badly she'd treated me and how ashamed of it she was. She said that when she really stopped to think about it, she realized she'd been jealous of me, of the friends I had, the potential that she saw when I was young, the opportunities that I had, and all I'd accomplished as an adult. And she said she was proud of what a good person I'd turned out to be. Isn't that nice? I know most people would think so, but really? You can't control what other people think of you. You can only control how you let it affect you. Please do not let your mother's negative remarks derail your effort. We think you are awesome. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Cam, so sorry you had to live with that. I was so very blessed to have such amazing parents... Her message to you, well, at least she took the time to figure out why, I have a SIL that was hateful to me for years b/c of jealousy, I'm glad we both grew up and have a good relationship now. I'm sure it feels like "too little, too late" for you. ANd ITA (now that Jenn knows what it means ;)) with your comment to CC - we love you girl!

The race was 10K (a bit over 6 miles).e had some bigger obstacles and hills that I did not think I could ever conquer. The last loop made me laugh because it was beyond muddy and every step was an obstacle. There were people who would just sit down and not get back up at points. There were a group of young people who said, "that old lady just passed us!" There were people who had obviously trained and ran it like warriors. Imagine over 6 miles of this. I am not sure really how I accomplished it all and yes...I was running to the finish line with a smile on my face because I HAD accomplished it.
Jen :worship: what a memory. You will totally have that experience forever to look back on as an anchor for how strong you are. I would have been one of those that just sat down. What did you do for strength training? I need to pick that back up, my arms are getting flabby and losing definition, and I need to find my abs. Not meaning to take away from you, sorry. You, my dear, are a warrior and deserved to cross that line with a smile on your face!

[. Therefore never inform me of the situation again. Period. She was tossed out of a moving car into our parking lot...
how very sad! How mnay kitties do you have now??? It's great that you have such a soft spot for them.

50sJayne,
We had one jump out of our car once going 40 mph. We never thought he would have. He then jumped over a fence and we couldn't find him. :( My mom has "dumped" cats before and I would hate her for it for a long time. :sad1:
I would be mad at your mom, too! My family hated cats in the house, my dad loved them as "barn animals" to help w/ rodent control. Yep, I'm a farm girl! I had a friend lose her beloved boxer when he jumped out of their car in a nearby city. It broke her heart, and they searched for days and days...

REALLY overslept this am, need to be on our way to see the Hokies play soon! BEAT THE PIRATES! pirate: I know, but I've always wanted a reason to use that smilie! Missing some friends this am - Jude, Dahly, and a few others we haven't heard from in a while. Hope you are all okay! :hug:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!!!!!!!!! Lotsa Virgos on this challenge! (Poor everyone else with all us OCD peeps out here!)

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!!!!!!! Celebrate Life! Celebrate You!
Taryn:hug:

Happy B'day Shannon!

Popping on quickly before heading out for the fair! Horrible night's sleep. DH and I both woke up around 1 and I just couldn't get back to sleep so I came out to the couch to watch some tv. Kept switching between Amazing Wedding Cakes and Chopped Champions. Finally fell back asleep.

Needless to say I didn't get up and workout. I'm going to try and make a smoothie with Greek Yogurt this morning if the milk is still good. I bought some hummus and flax and oat bran pita bread that's 60 calories a slice to have with it. I'm also going to bring my one soda and a few SoBe waters and some other water and Crystal Light. I know I can also buy water at the fair.

Everyone else is still sleeping. Luckily I only have to grab the EZ Up tent and my lunch to bring with me. I will also bring some Special K bars.

Have a great day. I'll try and pop back on later tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter