• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big upgrades?!

By committed so you mean people who have purchased vacation packages? Or checked in?
We had a room only and had not purchased tickets yet before they moved us, FWIW. I suspect they are going in chronological order by arrival date or perhaps by reservation number. I believe we booked very soon after it became available.

We had a room only and had not purchased tickets yet before they moved us, FWIW. I suspect they are going in chronological order by arrival date or perhaps by reservation number. I believe we booked very soon after it became available.
I agree with this theory. My friend and I both booked within the first 24 hours they were taking reservations. However, my room was at the military rate, so a different sequence of reservation number. Another post now mentions TripAdvisor saying no rooms available until after Christmas.

Someone just mentioned why not lower all the rates if they are just trying to fill rooms. If that were the case, all those booked at higher rates at a value would have been calling to make the switch anyways.

Bumping this thread up.
still waiting for a call:worship:

I agree with this theory. My friend and I both booked within the first 24 hours they were taking reservations. However, my room was at the military rate, so a different sequence of reservation number. Another post now mentions TripAdvisor saying no rooms available until after Christmas.

Someone just mentioned why not lower all the rates if they are just trying to fill rooms. If that were the case, all those booked at higher rates at a value would have been calling to make the switch anyways.
WDTC Europe is still selling rooms, even for opening day. At this point I still think that they overbooked.

It is rumored that Allstars- music is not reopening in September but in December. So i would call and find out if this is true.
Many have tried. Reps still say it’s opening on time. Do realize the reps are not going to say anything until Disney officially announces something. Officially the planned opening date stands as of now.

I received the call last Tuesday. I had reservations In October for the Wilderness lodge. They said my room was no longer available and could they move me to the Contemporary, garden view. I said I didn’t like the Contemporary. I said an upgrade to the Poly or Grand Floridian would be ok..didn’t think they would do it. An hour later they called back and they confirmed that they would move our reservation to the Grand Floridian!

I canceled my ASMu reservation the day before people started getting called to be moved and since then only suites have been showing up consistently for my mid-September dates (I was supposed to check in on 9/16). This morning, standard ASMu room showed back up on Disney's site for my dates. Maybe they are only opening certain sections? Or maybe they just aren't sure what they're doing yet, lol.

Interesting they're still booking but have moved so many people, but not everyone. Seems like mostly after October 1. I wonder if some large groups want to book ASMu and they are trying to accommodate?

I received the call last Tuesday. I had reservations In October for the Wilderness lodge. They said my room was no longer available and could they move me to the Contemporary, garden view. I said I didn’t like the Contemporary. I said an upgrade to the Poly or Grand Floridian would be ok..didn’t think they would do it. An hour later they called back and they confirmed that they would move our reservation to the Grand Floridian!
That's awesome! Congrats :)
Last year we were *this close* to staying at the Poly when WL didn't open. But then we were moved to Contemporary (which we had never stayed before, so we were excited) after Poly didn't open. It was fun, but I'd always wanted to stay at Poly. Ah, maybe someday! lol

But if the theory was we were moved because it wouldn’t be open at all, then it wouldn’t matter if someone cancelled.it appears as though at least part of the resort will be open.
That's what I've been saying all along... Imo the whole not opening rumor was created based on us reporting that we were being moved. There wasn't a single article about Music possibly not opening until after you and I and a few others had posted. All those blogs have to get their content somehwere. Until the posters booked for Sep 16 get moved I'm sticking to my theory.

I’ve never been upgraded to a different resort but I got an upgrade from a studio to a 1-bedroom at beach club and from a standard view Coronado room to Gran Destino. (9/2020 & 2/2021 respectively… when WDW was still pretty empty)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter