• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big upgrades?!

Sounds like they haven't done all of September yet. Hearing reports of people not being notified. Saw one where their reservation went missing from their MDE and had to call Disney whose regular CMs told them it was just a glitch and didn't mention anything about people being moved or provide them with guest relations. Others saying they haven't been contacted yet for some September reservations as well.

General reminder, make sure the contact information in your profile and on your reservation is up to date, especially if you have an ASMu reservation before early December. If you used a TA, you may want to reach out to them as well and have them confirm for you.

My dates are end of October and I haven’t been contacted yet. I hope that means we won’t be moved. We are staying in a suite and are very much looking forward to our stay here.

Sounds like they haven't done all of September yet. Hearing reports of people not being notified. Saw one where their reservation went missing from their MDE and had to call Disney whose regular CMs told them it was just a glitch and didn't mention anything about people being moved or provide them with guest relations. Others saying they haven't been contacted yet for some September reservations as well.
Have you read of anyone in September being moved yet? I keep seeing just October dates.

Ok so I said we were moved from All Star to Pirate. I asked them if there was another option and was told no- it was pirate or nothing. We took it because we thought it would be awesome to be on the skyliner. However, we had no idea until reading this board that they were full beds. Do you think we can ask to get a regular room instead?
You are the client. You can ask for anything. You can cancel if something is not acceptable. (Shmucky of them not informing folks the Pirate rooms are full beds.)

Concur with others try to get Disney to move you to a regular room first. But what’s your plan if they say no? Are you ok staying in a Pirate room if it means preserving the upgrade to CBR? Is the Pirate room a dealbreaker? Are there other resorts available at a price you can afford if you cancel Pirate room?

I’m basically saying have a game plan when you call.

General reminder, make sure the contact information in your profile and on your reservation is up to date, especially if you have an ASMu reservation before early December. If you used a TA, you may want to reach out to them as well and have them confirm for you.
The guy I had on the phone clearly said that they don't touch your original reservation before you agree to anything else. And he was very nice and knowledgeable so I believe him and would think that that really was a glitch.
Have you read of anyone in September being moved yet? I keep seeing just October dates.
I was moved with a September check-in date.

Y'all realize they are moving people to shut down resorts again right? Next they will announce Port Orleans is being shut down again. Then AKL. Then WL. No availability does not mean full. It means they are not making them available. Just my 2C. Not yet fact.

The global supply shortages beginning now will cripple worldwide commerce in the next six months and everything else for that matter.

So go to Disney now while that Dooney is still available.
This is my thoughts too!

Ok so I had to call twice today about the pirate room. I explained that I wasn’t informed about it being full size beds and we were looking forward to those and the renovated rooms at all star. They said they had to speak with a manager and if they didn’t call back, to call them back.
I didn’t hear back from them so I did call back tonight. They switched the pirate room to preferred CBR.
Thank you all for your help and the info! It sounds crazy but I’ve been to Disney 100+ times over 30 years, yet this is the only hotel we have never stayed at. Very excited now!

Last edited:
My dates are end of October and I haven’t been contacted yet. I hope that means we won’t be moved. We are staying in a suite and are very much looking forward to our stay here.

At first I wanted to be moved, but after thinking about it more I would rather stay at Music in a renovated room than at CBR. Just my preference.

My trip is Oct 16-21. Len Testa said in the Touring Plans podcast that they are doing it because the value resorts/cheaper rooms are all full and so they are moving people who have already committed to their vacation and giving them an upgrade while freeing up the cheaper rooms at the value resorts for more people to book.
My DH and I are set to stay at Pop Oct 25-29. Would love to get an upgrade!!

My trip is Oct 16-21. Len Testa said in the Touring Plans podcast that they are doing it because the value resorts/cheaper rooms are all full and so they are moving people who have already committed to their vacation and giving them an upgrade while freeing up the cheaper rooms at the value resorts for more people to book.

why not just lower the prices all around to entice people to book? Why must they move people around and complicate things?

By committed so you mean people who have purchased vacation packages? Or checked in?

By committed so you mean people who have purchased vacation packages? Or checked in?
I have no idea if this is a factor but I had booked in the wee hours of the morning the day Music opened for booking. Maybe they're somehow taking that into account?

I have no idea if this is a factor but I had booked in the wee hours of the morning the day Music opened for booking. Maybe they're somehow taking that into account?

I booked then as well. It's just a room only with the one night deposit paid. We haven't even purchased the tickets yet because we are waiting to see what happens with annual passes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter