Big Time Confusion At Central Reservations

Ajax

Mouseketeer
We're booked into POFQ from 12/30/02 thru 1/4/03. Our daughter has a friend from college that will be in Orlando on 1/2 & 1/3, and we'd like her to spend a night or two with us.

Today I called CR with a simple question- How much per night for the x-tra person?

The first person I spoke with had me so confused that I politely hung up on him. He insisted on going over every detail of our ressie, spoken in fractured English with a mutilated syntax, and told me 'It will be costing you more, no doubt!".

The second person sounded like he was taking calls concerning welfare fraud. He sounded dead. He wondered aloud if I needed to make a ressie for three nights with three people, and two nights with four people. I faked an incoming call and hung up.

The third person I spoke with was old-school Disney. He was chipper, upbeat, and said what I wanted to hear; 'The room is paid for. I wouldn't worry about it". I said 'Cool! Have a nice day!', and hung up.

Has anyone had a similar expierience? And who was right? I'm with the gentleman behind Door #3.

When you book areservation they charge an extra $10 (?) per night for each adult after ther first two. Last year we had booked 2 rooms for four adults and then a few months before departing one backed out. We changed the reservation to one room for three adults but we were never charged the extra $ that we would have been charged if we had booked the three adults upon our initial reservation.

I am sure the last man you spoke to was correct. I don't think they would worry you about an extra $20 after your room was paid for.

I think that *technically* you owe the extra $10 per night, as printed in many of the Disney literature/brochures I have seen. IMO however, you made a good-faith effort, spoke with three different people and still (in my view) didn't get the correct answer, so if I were you I wouldn't worry about it and I would enjoy your vacation.

The Disney website says the charge is $15 a night for moderates, but since she won't be with you on check in and will only be staying with you for a couple nights, I also wouldn't worry about it. I think it's ridiculous that they even charge for extra adults. If the room capacity is four adults, then 4 adults should be allowed with no extra charge. JMHO.

I agree with the above posts that A) you were nice enough to let Disney know but didn't get a straight/correct answer and B) I would not worry about it at all and just let her stay there -- no big deal and C) lastly, I also think if the rooms hold 4 than the rate should be for 1 - 4 persons period -- no more of this extra adult nonsense.

This is JMHO

If we want the rate of the room to be the same for 1 - 4 people, I would expect to see the rate of the room increase by $30.00 a night.

This would simply give you what you asked for one price for the room with 1 - 4 occupants. - but take away the savings when only having 2 adults in the room.

The additional charge for adults over 2 is not a Disney thing. This is pretty standard throughout the Hotel/Motel industry.
<HR>
Ajax - The only thing I can see that might be a downfall to this is if you are getting length of stay passes and your guest wanted one. They would then need to be listed on the room reservation for the nights they are there in order to get this pass.

I don't think you'll be charged extra, I've read reports where the front desk CM's didn't care that people had an extra adult when the guest told them. You called three times, got different answers, I wouldn't worry about it! ;)

I think that it is pretty standard that if you call Disney 3 times you will get 3 different answers and that is the way it has been for years. I think you will be fine as long as you don't exceed the room limit. have a great trip and good weather.

I wouldn't worry about it for now. When the friend arrives, you can go to the front desk and talk to them about it. They'll know more anyway, and they can give you an extra room key for her.

I agree with Kermit. Even then you may get lucky like we did at ASMO where the CM told my Mother she didnt have to pay extra.

The actualy cost is 10.00/night at a value, 15.00/night for a moderate and 25.00/night for a deluxe.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. That's one less thing to worry about.

Trekker- We're leaving early on our check out day, so we just went with the 5 day PH passes. Our guest will have to pay the freight for two days at whichever park we attend.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter