Big Thunder Ranch food?

This thread just sold me on making reservations for my next trip. Haven't eaten there since I was a little kid. Only problem...we don't know if we're going to have 7, 8, or 9 people. Do they penalize you if you make a reservation for more people than show up?

Yes, periodically there is a singer and musician that perform on the stage (sometimes inviting kids to join them for a song) or a musician wandering around the dining area.

Does anyone know if I can bring in outside food for my picky 5 year old?

Does anyone know if one can bring in food from another venue?

According to a Reddit user that claims to work here you can bring outside food. They also said that you can just show up for dessert. Though that seems to be hit or miss based on the CM because I've seen people being told yes or no when the arrive. You could also ask Disney through chat, email, or phone call.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/dining/

I recently had just dessert here with a few friends during lunch time a couple weeks ago and it was no problem. We had a reservation and when we showed up we said we were just getting dessert and they sat us down. Do be aware that it takes about half an hour or so for the desserts to be made. My sister wasn't going to join us until after we were done but got there early and hadn't eaten so grabbed jolly holiday and brought it up to eat with us and again, no problem. I'm not sure if we were doing the buffet if it would have been an issue though.

According to a Reddit user that claims to work here you can bring outside food. They also said that you can just show up for dessert. Though that seems to be hit or miss based on the CM because I've seen people being told yes or no when the arrive. You could also ask Disney through chat, email, or phone call.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/dining/

Thank you very much for answering my question.
We won't make any reservations because we go during a slow time of year and the ranch is always nearly empty.

Thx again,
Scott

It's an all-you-can-eat thing so you dont have to take anything you don't want but you'll pay for the whole dinner anyway.

Okay, thanks! I just wanted to make sure that you are not given a mixed bucket of chicken and ribs because that would mean a lot of wasted ribs! It is good to know you can just ask for what you want.

In all of our years of going to DL, we have never eaten here. We were thinking of trying it for lunch when we go next week. I could not find a specific price for lunch on the DL site. Does anyone know how much lunch costs and do you think we will need a reservation for Monday of next week? TIA!

In all of our years of going to DL, we have never eaten here. We were thinking of trying it for lunch when we go next week. I could not find a specific price for lunch on the DL site. Does anyone know how much lunch costs and do you think we will need a reservation for Monday of next week? TIA!

I believe lunch is $26 and dinner is $29.
When ever we've walked by it the place was at least 25% empty so I think we'll just drop in. Ordinarily we would pay that much to sit on a picnic bench to eat but I want to try it before it closes. The all you can eat part isn't important to us - we eat what we need and don't stuff ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter