Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was running today

StephL

Earning My Ears
We were at the parks for 12 hours today.....this morning there were CMs putting ropes up around BTMR, and when I asked if it would be running today they told me 'no official word yet'. Later in the afternoon, it was running with people on board, and by early in the evening there was a long line of people waiting to ride! I was told it was a preview for CMs :)

I know it has already been posted that they'll be reopening the ride March 17, but just wanted to share that there were a ton of people enjoying it today!

I was there all day today and it looked really great. BTW, the crowds were really brutal today. Soooooo maaaaany people. Packed. DCA wasn't bad though.

Great job!! Got to ride 2x today, much smoother. Love the effects. But 2x was all I could do. DD rode 10x before calling it quits. She was shooting for 14, but stopped when the second Fantasmic ended.

WOW! Thanks for sharing the vid! Those new effects look SO cool! I can't wait to get to ride it!!

Great job!! Got to ride 2x today, much smoother. Love the effects. But 2x was all I could do. DD rode 10x before calling it quits. She was shooting for 14, but stopped when the second Fantasmic ended.

How was she able to ride 10 times?

And why? ROFL!

- Dreams

Disney Dreams said:

And why? ROFL!

- Dreams

That's a very good question. And am wondering the same thing, out of curiosity. Lol

And why? ROFL!

- Dreams
We were part of a preview group. When we arrived at 7, there was no line, and we rode twice in about 20 mins. Then, a couple of friends and I went to find food at Rancho, while she and 2 other friends rode 4 more times. Took a break for Fantasmic! and fireworks, then she and the 4 friends rode 4 more times before we headed back to the room. She was shooting for 14 times (once for each month it was closed.) But the explosion effect stopped working the last 2x so she stopped at 10x...

We were part of a preview group. When we arrived at 7, there was no line, and we rode twice in about 20 mins. Then, a couple of friends and I went to find food at Rancho, while she and 2 other friends rode 4 more times. Took a break for Fantasmic! and fireworks, then she and the 4 friends rode 4 more times before we headed back to the room. She was shooting for 14 times (once for each month it was closed.) But the explosion effect stopped working the last 2x so she stopped at 10x...

I don't blame her - It's an awesome ride!

Wow! Lucky her! Thanks for sharing! From other posts I have read, I thought those doing cast previews only got to ride once. That's great that she got to ride over and over throughout the day.

Thanks,
Dreams

Just my opinion but seems like the public should be getting to ride it if anyone!

While obviously entitled to your opinion - There are protocols in place I am sure regarding why it is done with Cast Member previews first and probably other employees as well for various reasons. They are also opening AP previews for a few days so that is the public - even if a select group.

I know so many are ancy for it's opening and understandably so after 14 months but I believe they are trying to work out any last minute bugs and making sure all is ready. Because you know the second something goes wrong people are going to complain about that too. Everything has a process even if we don't agree with it or know all the behind the scenes stuff.

Can't please everyone.

Just my opinion but seems like the public should be getting to ride it if anyone!

By law, most rides are required to run a certain number of cycles before they can be opened to the general public. Especially to the extent this rehab had with the tracking and new show elements. They got to iron this stuff out before it's show ready for everyone.

Besides, let the cast have a little fun...it's a small perk for them and their families - most deserve it.

Here's the thing, they are using the Cast previews to practice queuing, managing lines, seeing how the things work with the new disabled area, etc... It is easier to practice with employees and their families than with the general public. After any major refurb, they always do water bottles first, then when they need humans, cast first, APs next, followed by soft openings.

Wow! Lucky her! Thanks for sharing! From other posts I have read, I thought those doing cast previews only got to ride once. That's great that she got to ride over and over throughout the day.

Thanks,
Dreams
No, they were not limited to one. Their ticket was for a time frame. They had to show their ticket and cast member ID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter