Big Sale at Disney Store

mom_rules

<font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c
We were at the Disney Store in Square one Mississauga today.

Wow!!! What great sales-All costumes are 50% off - lots of selection. Plush toys are $15 for all small and medium and $25 for large.

New Beauty and the Beast Special Edition DVD was $21.99.

CM told me they only sell Disney Dollars in Canadian denominations - is that correct? I wanted to buy some for my kids to spend in WDW so I was looking for US Disney $.

Canadian Disney Stores dont sell Disney Dollars because of the fluctuating exchange rate.I have never heard of Canadian denomination Disney Dollars.

Yeah lots of costumes left :) I wish I were kid-sized or TDS carried some adult costumes... *lol* I'm using some of the accessories to make my costume :D

mom_rules, are they selling Disney Dollars? :confused: I hadn't heard of this either ... maybe the CM was referring to a gift card or gift cerificates.

That is quite possible. I did ask for Disney Dollars for use in WDW and she said they only sold Canadian $. I really don't know because I have never asked or bought before.

i think bunnyfoo is right, I think they are gift certs. or gift card. Months ago I was at Yorkdale TDS for disney dollars and the manager said they didn't sell them (US dollars) and I even asked if the gift cert could be used in WDW, and he said no, because they were CDN $. I wanted to get my dis$ on Amex to get my reward points.

Last Halloween TDS Square One has Buzz Lightyear costumes on sale for $9.00! They had a size 4T that I thought MIGHT fit ds this year (he is 2.5 years old). I didn't buy it and now I could KICK myself. Buzz Lightyear is his fav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's going as Winnie the Poof this year. I have two Princess costumes too small for dd. Cinderella and Belle. I am trying to get rid of them. I just lent Belle to a classmates sister of dd's ~ might let her keep it. The Cinderella still BARELY fits dd, she wore it a couple times this year for different functions. It's about to go too. Chat soon! S

What size are
the dresses you have? As I have a princess crazy 4 year old who would love them. I would be willing to buy them from you. ( can't afford alot ) Let me know. :)

Nancy

We went to the Disney Store today, but of course, what we bought wasn't on sale! :rolleyes: :)

Picked up a Snow White Princess doll for my niece, and DH decided he just had to buy the Monsters Inc. dvd. We watched it tonight, first time either one of us had seen it, and we really enjoyed it! :)

At least we were able to get our DC discount.

Kim :)

Went to the store here in Edmonton today. If you have a girl who would wear a size 6x or smaller they had tons of princess costumes. There was very little for my girls who are 7 and 9 yrs, but we did find Ariel and Jessie costumes, that they will wear next year. I pre-ordered the Lilo & Stitch DVD and used the coupon and got another $16 off. Can't complain about getting a costume for $10. We even got the wigs to go with the costumes. Also got a few more pins for our cruise in less than 3 weeks. Add the DC discount on top of that too. Hubby didn't say anything but I could certainly see the old gears churning.

mom_rules:
Nope, no Disney Dollars at TDS in Canada. No Disney Dollars equivalent to the Cdn dollar either. TDS in Canada only sells gift certificates in $10 and $25 denominations and they can only be used at TDS in Canada. If you really wanted the Disney Dollars before you go, you could always take a little road trip to Buffalo. I believe that all the stores in the US sell them. They do have an electronic gift card in the stores in the US and I believe they can be purchased for any amount. Don't quote me on that because we are yet to see the electronic gif cards in Canada. We were expecting them for last Christmas and never got them. I've had many guests ask for the Disney Dollars to give as gifts when they surprise their kids with a trip to WDW. I usually suggest buying the WDW guide for kids, or a pen they can use for autrographs when they get there, or an autograph book (which unfortunately we don't sell at TDS anymore).

Question: Is it possible for WDW to send you Disney Dollars if you order them over the phone before you go?

I feel so guilty I think I have the best of both worlds. I live in Fort Erie so I usually go to the Disney store in Buffalo at the Walden Galleria. But I'm also only a 1 hours drive from the tds in Hamilton. Anyway if anyone wants to know about the disney dollar sale in Buffalo I will post by the end of the week since I'm going to make a trip to the Buffalo store this week. Are the disney $ worth getting? What can they be used for? We're going to WDW December for our first time. If you all think it's worth it I'll pick some disney $ up while I'm at tds.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

The tags are worn, but I think the Cinderella costume is about a 6 since it still fits my almost 9 year old daughter. The Belle costume is smaller than that. They have been well loved and used. The Belle costume looks pretty good but I am considering giving it to the little girl who is borrowing it for Halloween this week. Cinderella is still being worn by dd and by the time dd is too big the thing will be a mess. I would like to give them both away rather than sell them. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter