Big Hero Six

surferdave

Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs righ
Disney Animated Studio's only movie this year. First trailer will be released Thursday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...6-animation-marvel-disney-first-look/9097333/

qOOu2T9.jpg

Thanks for posting! I'm hoping this is good! Interesting cross over from live action to animated for a super-hero movie.

Now I'm stoked! This is a bit of a risk, but it looks great! Fun, unique, funny, and some heart! I think it might do very well during the holiday season. That's the holiday formerly known as Thanksgiving which is now known as the annual Frozen anniversary celebration.

My little sisters and I are so excited about this one! The trailers have been really cute, though after watching the Japanese version, I have a feeling my eyes will be very, very wet within the first 10 minutes.

I feel the need to bring this topic up again-- the movie looks amazing! The story and characters both have my interest so far. Baymax will be a huge key to success in this film, as they know the audience loves cute characters. I know he has my heart already.

I don't have much confidence that this will outdo Frozen, but it wouldn't be too surprising to me. They have tons of momentum now with their latest releases, I hope they make it count!

I'll be at the day-early opening on Thursday, November 6th at Disney's El Capitan Theatre! Hopefully I'll be able to post some photos and thoughts.

I feel the need to bring this topic up again-- the movie looks amazing! The story and characters both have my interest so far. Baymax will be a huge key to success in this film, as they know the audience loves cute characters. I know he has my heart already.

I don't have much confidence that this will outdo Frozen, but it wouldn't be too surprising to me. They have tons of momentum now with their latest releases, I hope they make it count!

Nothing will touch Frozen for a long time. Nothing will connect with kids quite like Anna and Elsa. However, I now believe this will do very, very, well. I expect over $200 million domestic, possibly $300 million and well over $500 million worldwide, possibly over $700 million. Maleficent numbers, I think, with the outside possibility of more.

I'll be at the day-early opening on Thursday, November 6th at Disney's El Capitan Theatre! Hopefully I'll be able to post some photos and thoughts.

:worship:
That is so awesome!! We will live vicariously through you! Please give us updates as you can before and after. (Not during. :P ) Can't wait for your review.

I was stoked for Frozen before it came out, Captain America - Winter Soldier, and Maleficent. I did not think much of The Lone Ranger. So far my spidey sense hasn't let me down. I am getting VERY GOOD VIBES about this movie.

Check out this video entitled "Big Hero 6 New York Comic Con Sizzle"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckAGKzTKsvw

The idea of a soft and cute robot that is also an awesome flying machine and fighting robot - AND is a young boys connection to his dead brother is amazing. Throw in a group of misfits that all learn to be heros and you have a very winning combination. And it doesn't hurt to use some cutting edge ideas about robots (soft and robot swarms) in your story. And, it looks like it will work very well in 3D.

As long as the story is well written and exciting this will go gangbusters. And it seems DA has learned the Pixar secret (Which isn't really a secret) that it is about a good story, first and foremost. Early buzz everywhere is very positive.

:3dglasses:3dglasses:3dglasses:3dglasses:3dglasses:3dglasses
:3dglasses:3dglassespopcorn:::3dglasses:3dglasses

Go Disney, I hope I am surprised by a massive hit that makes a Billion.

The idea of a soft and cute robot that is also an awesome flying machine and fighting robot - AND is a young boys connection to his dead brother is amazing.

You know, putting it this way gave me an interesting thought. Now that you've said this, and from what little I've seen, the characters kind of remind me of Al and Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Went to NY Comic Con this weekend and attended the Disney panel which was so fun! they showed new clips from the movie and it looks amazing! they also showed clips of "Tomorrowland" which also looked good :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see this. I wonder if the blonde female character with the glasses will turn out to be the little arcade player from Wreck it Ralph. I love how Disney finds a way to connect the movies.

Blackout is over and the word is out... Disney Animation has another HIT on it's animator's hands!

Interesting information and amazing tweets from those who have seen the film. One negative and the others are overwhelmingly super positive!

http://thenewdaughter.com/early-buzz-big-hero-6′-is-another-winner-for-disney-animation/

Note words such as "freaking awesome", stunning, astounding, etc. in the tweets I shared below. There are more in the article.

I am officially stoked for a big hit! It won't be Frozen, just a mediocre Disney hit like Maleficent, Captain America TWS, or Guardians of the Galaxy. Say... about $750 million give or take the 50.

Germain Lussier @GermainLussier Follow
Oh crap, Big Hero 6 social embargo is up! It's freaking awesome! High energy action, lots of surprised and just the right amount of emotion
2:41 AM - 17 Oct 2014

Courtney Howard @Lulamaybelle Follow
#BigHero6 is visually inventive, exciting and astounding. Kids are gonna lose their friggin' minds over it.
3:27 AM - 17 Oct 2014

BIG HERO 6 is basically a REAL GENIUS riff in which the nerds become superheroes. Very sweet movie.
2:59 AM - 17 Oct 2014

Drew Taylor @DrewTailored Follow
#BigHero6 is a wonderful follow-up to #Frozen, one of the very best movies based on a Marvel property and a moving exploration of grief.

Brian Particelli @BrianTooFab Follow
Just saw #BigHero6 and now I want my very own Baymax. Disney Animation and Marvel make a GREAT team, it's a truly fun, stunning film.

Nick Uhas @nickuhas Follow
#BigHero6 is the best animated film of the year hands down!!! Thank you @KylieEricaMar for taking me to see it!!!!!!
12:46 AM - 17 Oct 2014

This movie is a touching exploration of grief, a movie where the nerds become the superhero, and a movie that celebrates technology both in the story and in the advances in computer animation. A movie by geeks for geeks. To quote the one character: "How cool is that!"

Here are a few fascinating articles on the animation. It is interesting to see the effort Disney is putting in to advancing computer animation. Frozen included some amazing advances to render snow and trees like never before. It was an amazing success. Now DA is pushing the boundaries again with advances in computer power to render complex light, whole cities, and swarm computerbots.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...on-process-for-big-hero-6-20141020-story.html

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/18/disney-big-hero-6/?ncid=rss_truncated

"To put the enormity of this computational effort into perspective, Hendrickson says that Hyperion "could render Tangled from scratch every 10 days.

If that doesn't drive the power of Disney's proprietary renderer home, then consider this: San Fransokyo contains around 83,000 buildings, 260,000 trees, 215,000 streetlights and 100,000 vehicles (plus thousands of crowd extras generated by a tool called Denizen). What's more, all of the detail you see in the city is actually based off assessor data for lots and street layouts from the real San Francisco."

"In a way, Big Hero 6 is a love letter to technology. It's a fantasy film that gives audiences a knowing wink toward the robot-assisted near-future, as if to say, "This is exactly where you're headed. And it's coming soon." Big Hero 6 also represents a perfect storm for Disney: The subject matter (makers and robotics) and setting (hyper-tech San Fransokyo) dovetailed with the economic feasibility of cutting-edge computational hardware (that massive render farm) and the development of advanced animation techniques (Hyperion). It's a film for, by and from lovers of technology."

Reviews are beginning to come in. Seven so far at Rotten Tomatoes. All Fresh for a 100% rating so far! Lookin good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter