• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big favor...PLEASE???

yay for photobucket!

pp.jpg

aa.jpg

mike on indy speedway too big to post
nnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

mike seeing the character bus!

hope you guys have a wonderfull time :wizard:

thanks - i do love that pic... we must ride SM 8 or 9 times a trip. Kevin just laughs his way right through it - he loves motion and bumps.. I wish we could safely get him on tower of terror, but we can't. :sad2:

he rides buzz, poc, goofy's barnstormer, SM, BTMR, Dumbo, tea cups.. (ugh, I'm the parent on that, the boys can't handle the spinning...), Haunted Mansion.. etc... anything with a bench, we ride!!

PS - love that pic from Test Track - awesome!

Thank you for posting the pics, Binkyboots.
This has really been what Noah needed to see for himself. He needed to see actual people in wheelchairs at Disney doing what other nonwheelchair bound people do at Disney and having fun. KWIM?
I never imagined that at 6 he would have some of the issues and questions he has about his cp. A few months ago when I was putting his braces on he said "I wish I could walk" and he started crying. I was completely caught off guard by this statement because it came out of the blue and I really didn't expect him to say that this young (although I knew it would be an issue someday soon.) I am honest and positive with him and ABSOLUTELY would not change him for the world and encourage him to be proud of who he is.
Thank you all for the pictures. This has really cleared up his blues about going to Disney. God Blless you all. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

My DS7 is highly allergic to all nuts and is the only one of us out of five. He was upset the other day and asked "why did God make me this way?". I told him maybe He did so that he can help others and make a vaccine so people are not allergic to nuts anymore. It tears me up when he gets upset about his allergy :sad1: . I love WDW due to it is truly for EVERYONE.

Lillypug your children are beautiful!!!! You son is an absolute doll. I hope he will decide to go. I saw many kids in wheelchairs having fun.

Lillypug said:
Thank you for posting the pics, Binkyboots.
This has really been what Noah needed to see for himself. He needed to see actual people in wheelchairs at Disney doing what other nonwheelchair bound people do at Disney and having fun. KWIM?
I never imagined that at 6 he would have some of the issues and questions he has about his cp. A few months ago when I was putting his braces on he said "I wish I could walk" and he started crying. I was completely caught off guard by this statement because it came out of the blue and I really didn't expect him to say that this young (although I knew it would be an issue someday soon.) I am honest and positive with him and ABSOLUTELY would not change him for the world and encourage him to be proud of who he is.
Thank you all for the pictures. This has really cleared up his blues about going to Disney. God Blless you all. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
OMG I am crying. I want to see many pictures of you guys having a blast at WDW.

This makes me glad my son hasn't been given the gift of speech! Of course, his sounds and body language communicate to us - but I never get the hard questions.... I don't know how I could NOT cry if he asked me something like that... "why can't i walk? why am i like this?"

My oldest DD has asthma and pet allergies, my youngest DD has none of those ... so I get a few of the "why why why?" comments, but those conditions are easier to live with - even then though, i feel SO bad for her...

well, i'll just go back to the splash mountain photo and see 3 (4 if you count uncle andy) kids and know that all is well in our world. WDW has enhanced our lives and given us such good memories!

SueOKW said:
of course, i am dying to know about Noah's reaction - - is he all ready to go now?
ABSOLUTELYthanbks to all of you! :goodvibes He told my mom last night (on the phone) about everyone's pictures that were posted and said he might try Splash Mountain but he wants HER to ride with him! :laughing: His favorite pic is your Kevin and his big smile on SM. My dh loved all of the pictures too. I truly can't thank you all enough. Before Noah's attitude changed I was actually considering changing our plans to something non Disney but there is no stopping us now! LOL ;)

Nadia,
I'm really glad Noah changed his mind. My DD is 9 with very similar issues to Noah. We've taken her to DLR several times and went to WDW for the first time in Nov. She absolutely loved it!! We take her out of her chair whenever possible and she rides next to us or on our lap. (The CM's at AK's Safari were amazing!!) I'm posting a pics of her from that ride and a pics of her in her wheelchair so Noah can see how much fun she's having!!

:furious: :badpc: I can't seem to figure out how to post a pic!! Let me know if you would like to see the pics and I'll PM them to you. (If i can!!)

SueM in MN said:
.....except Space Mountain, Big Thunder RR, Rock N Roller Coaster and Mission Space.

Our daughter also has spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy (I think she has the same chair as your son Lily).

She has done every ride, including Space Mountain. That was a little tough, as I thought we would sit next to each other (I hadn't been on in years the first time we took her on it). We were in the same "rocket" and she sat in the seat in front of me. I just leaned forward and supported her shoulders for the entire ride. She loved it, though it was a bit of a challenge for me!

M ission Space she sat next to me and I supported her with one hand; Big thunder, I just put my arm around her shoulder and held her tight; held her arm tightly for Rock N" Rollercoaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter