Big changes to WCC menus on Wednesday

Really bummed... my kids will be, too, when I tell them. This is our favorite place - usually eat here twice each trip!

I am mourning the loss of the pulled pork... and the salad, LOVED that salad.

I would be the only one in my family that ever eats the skillet - mainly the brisket and pulled pork from it. Everyone else orders ala carte... so that's a done deal. Nothing for the rest of the family to eat now... and at $32.99 each - um, NO!

about to cancel our ADR. We've dined here every trip we've taken to WDW. Will certainly miss shouting for ketchup!!!!!

I did snag a late lunch ADR - looks like there is a pulled pork sandwich on there, and options for my whole family - shame though, lunch is pathetically boring there and no kechup or fun.

It was good and fun while it lasted for us I suppose. And hey, I'm still bummed they took major domo's favorite pie of the CRT lunch menu, lol!

Thanks for posting about this. I guess this was supposed to be a surprise when we arrived for dinner...and not a good one!!

We are doing TIW & paying OOP for this meal. I do not want dessert. We were planning to get dessert at a park afterward.

Hmmm......I guess it is not different than a buffet, Ohana, or Liberty Tree at dinner.

:)

Yikes...my husband will not be happy that the pulled pork is gone!!!! It was the only meat that we ever ate from the skillet.

We had an ADR for October 5th, but my wife cancelled it today. WCC was our favorite...It is a sad day in the Milbert household

Can someone tell me what a grill cheese dipper is? I am trying to figure out if this menu will work for our family or if we need to cancel and try something different.

Thanks

They need to be careful about the "burn and turn" attitude that Disney appears to be adopting. For the price we are paying for the food/experience it should be about relaxing, enjoyment.

Even if they are trying to streamline things in order to turn out parties faster no where does it say you have X minutes to eat. So if you want a slow relaxing meal it is your choice to take the time. I would imagine most eat/visit at the pace they want to and move on. But if Disney can cut 10 to 15 mins (my approximation) off of each table by doing away with a menu then by the end of the day X more can be served. This not only suits Disney but dinners too. Think about times you wanted a certain ADR and couldn't get it. If that restaurant moved people along faster (by process not by physically pushing them out) Maybe you could have had that ADR

I have never felt rushed at a Disney World restaurant. I do try not to take up extra time resting/chatting when people are waiting but that is my choice. On the other hand, one Saturday night in 2006 at Goofy's Kitchen in Disneyland, when we checked in we were told we had 90 minutes to dine. Which this was no problem. Not sure what would have happened had we gone past 90 minutes.

Take out the salad and add a dessert? Now THAT'S a surprise. How on earth did Disney let the green on this menu escape them for so long????

I would assume the decisions were made by what was wasted more. Maybe they threw away more salad. Just a guess.

If the new skillet doesn't include pulled pork, someone else can have our reservation. Yet another of our favorite Disney things ruined by "progress" in the name of the almighty dollar.:furious:

I see it more so as to reduce waste. I can not tell you the number of times we had a great deal of food wasted because the initial skillet had far too much food in it. There were even times when I asked for something to be eliminated because I knew we wouldn't eat it and yet it still came out on the platter. Or I would ask for a small refill of something and get much more than I asked for.

If they initially limit the meat choice to 3 it may lower the waste. Just my opinion.

The herb crushed potatoes are mashed potatoes and we have been serving them for awhile now.

Whew!!! :) It sounded more like roasted potatoes. I am so glad it is the mashed potatoes. BTW if you are on a diet stay away from these. They are not lacking in butter and salt :)

Ugh...so disappointed. We have an ADR for January for dinner. Guess I am canceling it now that the al la carte menu is gone. DH was never interested in the skillet option and I was so looking forward to the pulled pork. This would have been our first time there. BOO

Thanks to R2-JD who is at WL now, I was able to post the new dinner menu that just came out yesterday to the first page of the WL THREAD.

Does the menu change effect the Thanksgiving meal in any way? We have a noon reservation for our holiday meal.

1) How about that?
2) ALL hotel guests pay for the services.
. . . Disney Magical Express (DME), whether you use it or not
. . . Free Dining, even when you are there without it
3) Each of these are billed to the hotel cost center.
4) If you rent a hotel room or buy a DVC room, you are subsidizing others.
5) So, the hotel rack rate is raised to cover DME and Dinining.
6) Whether averaged all through the year, or "seasonal" increases.
7) Hasn't anyone noticed how weird some "seasons" dates have become?

NOTE: Cost center assignments are really things people do not know or
recognize. So, they do not realize when they buy something, what else
they are supporting or subsidizing. A quick example: When you go to an
early ADR and get into the park before opening, it is a restaurant CM
that admits you, not the gate CM. Early-ADR-entry is part of the eatery
cost center, not the park cost center. So, people eating throughout
the day pay for that person to let others in early. Yes, we must all pay
for maintenance and other things, but who gets the burden is sometimes
strange.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, did not realize they raise the rates to cover the cost of the dining. I knew you had to pay Rack Rate and could not use any other discounts, but did not realize the rate you are paying is actually more than if you booked room only at Rack Rate. Wow.

Not pleased with the changes in menu. The salad and pulled pork were two of my favorites. It will be interesting to see how this is received.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, did not realize they raise the rates to cover the cost of the dining. I knew you had to pay Rack Rate and could not use any other discounts, but did not realize the rate you are paying is actually more than if you booked room only at Rack Rate. Wow.

Not pleased with the changes in menu. The salad and pulled pork were two of my favorites. It will be interesting to see how this is received.
Raised is the wrong word. Determined would be more accurate. Thinking the hotel rack rate is raised to cover the cost of the Dining Plan Free Promotion is the same as claiming the rack rates are raised to cover the cost of room discounts.

Sammie said:

That is a misinterpretation. You are not paying more than a guest without the free dining would be paying if they were paying rack rate at the same time. What was meant was that the cost of all rooms at all times has been raised over time to cover various discounts. I'm not sure that I entirely agree with that, but you interpretation was not correct.

I guess I'm in the minority, but the new menu is appealing to me. I like that that not everything on the platter is BBQ (but then again, some might argue that the appeal of the old menu was that there were options in addition to the skillet that were not BBQ.) So I'd definitely be willing to give it a try; we've enjoyed LTT and Garden Grill (and been to 'Ohana twice though we were disappointed both times.) It sounds like this new platter at WCC is in the same genre as those 3 restaurants I mentioned, but I find it really interesting that the salad and beverages are not included in the price. I know they are included at LTT, but I can't remember about the other 2 (perhaps someone else can comment.) Obviously if you are on the dining plan, this is a moot point, but for those of us who aren't, I think it's kind of a rip off. I mean if you're going to offer a family style meal, include everything in the price.

Will certainly miss shouting for ketchup!!!!!

I did snag a late lunch ADR - looks like there is a pulled pork sandwich on there, and options for my whole family - shame though, lunch is pathetically boring there and no kechup or fun.

The ketchup call is coming back for lunch time.

Can someone tell me what a grill cheese dipper is? I am trying to figure out if this menu will work for our family or if we need to cancel and try something different.

Thanks

It is a grilled cheese sandwich served on multigrain (white bread available upon request) with provolone cheese and served with tomato soup for dipping. Hope that helps. :)

Does the menu change effect the Thanksgiving meal in any way? We have a noon reservation for our holiday meal.

It shouldn't there should still be a different holiday menu on Thanksgiving day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter