Big brother 25 Spoiler thread

Seems to be double standard in their Code of Conduct if Jared is allowed to stay in the game!!

Seems to be double standard in their Code of Conduct if Jared is allowed to stay in the game!!
I don't know. I don't think that the Rword is a slur or anything like that. I don't believe most Americans feel that way about the word, I know I don't. I didn't even know what word they were talking about and had to google it. I am not offended by its use.

OTH if they don't want language like that in the house then production needs to address it. I don't agree the Rword and the Nword are in the same category.

I don't know. I don't think that the Rword is a slur or anything like that. I don't believe most Americans feel that way about the word, I know I don't. I didn't even know what word they were talking about and had to google it. I am not offended by its use.

OTH if they don't want language like that in the house then production needs to address it. I don't agree the Rword and the Nword are in the same category.
I’m sure any parent of a special needs child would strongly disagree with you! I’m kind of shocked you would admit it doesn’t offend you.

Wow. It is a slur.

You are incorrect. Here is an education for you. Tred lightly in areas where you have little knowledge or experience.

https://www.specialolympics.org/stories/impact/why-the-r-word-is-the-r-slur

I’m sure any parent of a special needs child would strongly disagree with you! I’m kind of shocked you would admit it doesn’t offend you.

That poster is just an example of why it takes so long to enact change and to do better when we know better. Stubborn ignorance.

<----------------mom to a 25 year old moderately cognitively impaired young man who has had to hear that word far too often and refuses to accept that in 2023 people think the R word used in the manner used is not offensive.

Wow. It is a slur.
I'm not offended by a lot of things. I don't think most people should be offended by what they are but I also believe in allowing people to feel how they feel. We are too PC in this country. I am not really concerned by what people say (freedom of speech), I am however very concerned about what people do. Violence, harrassment, & other actions should not be tolerated. Just my opinion... 🤷‍♀️

You are incorrect. Here is an education for you. Tred lightly in areas where you have little knowledge or experience.

https://www.specialolympics.org/stories/impact/why-the-r-word-is-the-r-slur
I think this article actually makes my point. The fact they needed to write an article to say why this word is offensive means that most don't think it is. I think limiting any speech is wrong. Even speech I don't agree with. That is part of what freedom is speech is.

Now I think there were some interesting points in the article that are worth discussion and could possibly change my mind. Thank you for sharing.

That poster is just an example of why it takes so long to enact change and to do better when we know better. Stubborn ignorance.

<----------------mom to a 25 year old moderately cognitively impaired young man who has had to hear that word far too often and refuses to accept that in 2023 people think the R word used in the manner used is not offensive.
And comments like this do nothing to advance the cause either. Maybe bring forward some education standpoint and someone will listen to you. I actually appreciated the article the other poster brought forward.

One other point is that I don't view people with intellectual impairments as the Rword. I actually think it more accurately describes someone who isn't intellectually impaired who is acting stupid. And I also think context matters and who you may be saying something to.

You may disagree but isn't it great that we can agree to disagree.

Back to Big Brother - Again I stand by my point that they could have used this as an opportunity to educate Jared as well as people like me why that word shouldn't be used. It is a big lost opportunity but again this is classic Big Brother.

I'm not offended by a lot of things. I don't think most people should be offended by what they are but I also believe in allowing people to feel how they feel. We are too PC in this country. I am not really concerned by what people say (freedom of speech), I am however very concerned about what people do. Violence, harrassment, & other actions should not be tolerated. Just my opinion... 🤷‍♀️

I think this article actually makes my point. The fact they needed to write an article to say why this word is offensive means that most don't think it is. I think limiting any speech is wrong. Even speech I don't agree with. That is part of what freedom is speech is.

Now I think there were some interesting points in the article that are worth discussion and could possibly change my mind. Thank you for sharing.

And comments like this do nothing to advance the cause either. Maybe bring forward some education standpoint and someone will listen to you. I actually appreciated the article the other poster brought forward.

One other point is that I don't view people with intellectual impairments as the Rword. I actually think it more accurately describes someone who isn't intellectually impaired who is acting stupid. And I also think context matters and who you may be saying something to.

You may disagree but isn't it great that we can agree to disagree.

Back to Big Brother - Again I stand by my point that they could have used this as an opportunity to educate Jared as well as people like me why that word shouldn't be used. It is a big lost opportunity but again this is classic Big Brother.

So happy you read an article that could change your mind about being offensive and ignorant. :lovestruc

Sooooooo does anyone think they‘ll actually vote Jag out tonight? Seems to me that Matt should have a strong say in it since he just used his power to save him.

Sooooooo does anyone think they‘ll actually vote Jag out tonight? Seems to me that Matt should have a strong say in it since he just used his power to save him.
I hope not...I haven't watched the episode where he got nominated, but I don't get it. I'm assuming Blue is pretty annoyed at Jared?

Jared's Momma is fed up with him. :tiptoe: I'm sure he will enjoy watching this when he gets home.

I think America should have been put up and gone home. Since they did Jag instead feel it was a mistake to vote Red out this was the best opportunity to get him. I have a feeling Cam will go after one of my favorites instead of Corey, America, or Blue.

There may be a certain subset that doesn't feel it is offensive but most people throughout the world know it is an offensive term and when it is used it is used as a derogatory insult.

So happy that you enjoy harassing people and calling people names. It shows just how "enlightened" you are.

Didn't you say people should be able to express themselves?

Stop driving in a lane you are not qualified to drive in 👍.
:rotfl2:
There may be a certain subset that doesn't feel it is offensive but most people throughout the world know it is an offensive term and when it is used it is used as a derogatory insult.

Didn't you say people should be able to express themselves?
Sure, people should be able to express themselves. I just think it is funny that is the response that I get for thanking someone for information that makes me think.

And if you think that calling someone names that you think is offensive is going to change minds or give you the moral high ground that is pretty ironic... The amount of name calling here in the name of tolerance is outstanding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter