Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

Glad to see you are still alive and kicking. Hopefully 2019 ends better than it has gone so far. I cannot believe this trip was over four years ago and you still are able to write about what happened. I have trouble remembering what I did ten minutes ago.

Great pictures. We have been to HHI in over five years. I really go like the area and might have to work one in one of these days.

Now that this one is almost done time to start another as you know we all enjoy reading your recaps. Would be nice to maybe get this one done in four years.

Can't believe you are leaving for Food & Wine tomorrow. We are going on 11/1 as we are doing the races that weekend. Too bad we are off by a couple of weeks. Have a great trip and maybe someday our paths will cross in the World.

You had a great last evening on vacation! It looks like James had a great time fishing and I enjoyed all your pictures from around the resort.

Wow, you can certainly make good time when you have older kids! :laughing: I look forward to the time when we can drive more than six hours in a day - I think it will be a few years!

Thank you so much for the great trip report, Glenn! Your taking a longer time to finish it makes me feel so much better about still working on my 2015 trip report! I hope you and Judy have a fabulous time at Disney and fully enjoy your first Food and Wine! :goodvibes

Hi Glenn, really enjoyed your trip report. Thanks for finishing! Have never been to the Hilton Head Resort,but really want to now! We have loved our visits to Vero Beach and Aulani so now Hilton Head is on the list. Enjoy your Food and Wine trip!

What a gorgeous update to end your trip on😊. Beautiful photos. HH looks like a wonderful place to visit. So glad Bullies was a bbq place because when I read that in the title I was worried someone had been giving you guys a hard time 😱. Happy it was food and that the food was tasty.
Have a great time at food and wine and if you do decide to do a report let us all know as I’d love to read more of your adventures :goodvibes

Nice wrap up, Glenn. :) It was a really nice trip and I'm really excited for you to finally get to F&W! I hope you do end up writing a report so we can live vicariously through you until all of us get to go back! Hope your travel day went smoothly today!

We ordered a family platter from Bullies BBQ. Judy went to pick it up since my eyes were still hurting. The kids loved everything from Bullies except the macaroni salad, which was a letdown. But they said that it was the best BBQ they'd ever had.

This does look really good. When in the South you have to get BBQ.

Here are some more pictures of the Butterfly Garden they were working on the last time we were here.

Very pretty and serene looking.

IMG_9623_zpsaczf5lev.jpg

Beautiful!

James enjoying the quiet and the challenge of fishing.

Did he catch anything?

I like this one too.

Someone caught a ray.

Very cool!

And that was it...another great trip, in the books!

Thanks for sharing and sticking with it.

Now...tomorrow, Judy and I will be starting our next DisneyWorld trip, and our first-time going for Food and Wine. I'm not sure if I'll do a trip report, but I'll try to keep notes and take lots of pictures.

So far it looks like you've had a good trip. Fingers crossed you write a report.

Glad to see you are still alive and kicking. Hopefully 2019 ends better than it has gone so far.

Thanks. 2019 has not been kind to us. We'll ring in 2020 from WDW and hoping that brings us some :goodvibes

I cannot believe this trip was over four years ago and you still are able to write about what happened. I have trouble remembering what I did ten minutes ago.

Well, I had my notes, and I have a fantastic memory for stuff that isn't all that important. Important stuff, well, that's a different story.

Great pictures. We have been to HHI in over five years. I really go like the area and might have to work one in one of these days.

Thanks. Yes, we love it there.

Now that this one is almost done time to start another as you know we all enjoy reading your recaps. Would be nice to maybe get this one done in four years.

I'd like to, but I just don't think I'll have the time. I'd like to do them just to get them documented for myself. But they're starting to stack up: Hawaii and Aulani from last year, F&W from a couple of weeks ago now, and a trip with all of the kids coming up over New Year's. Yikes.

Can't believe you are leaving for Food & Wine tomorrow. We are going on 11/1 as we are doing the races that weekend. Too bad we are off by a couple of weeks. Have a great trip and maybe someday our paths will cross in the World.

I hope you had a great time at the races! I saw various posts on Instagram and it looked like fun. Yes, hoping our paths can cross someday!

You had a great last evening on vacation! It looks like James had a great time fishing and I enjoyed all your pictures from around the resort.

Thanks. Yes, it was a nice way to wind down the vacation. James just really loved fishing off of that pier.

Wow, you can certainly make good time when you have older kids! :laughing: I look forward to the time when we can drive more than six hours in a day - I think it will be a few years!

It can be done...before James, when the girls were just little, we lived in North Carolina and our parents were in northwest PA. Trips back and forth for the holidays were around 14 hours each way and the girls (and dog) handled them very well!

Thank you so much for the great trip report, Glenn! Your taking a longer time to finish it makes me feel so much better about still working on my 2015 trip report! I hope you and Judy have a fabulous time at Disney and fully enjoy your first Food and Wine! :goodvibes

Thanks Jen. Now you have to finish yours! Thanks, we did really enjoy Food and Wine.

Hi Glenn, really enjoyed your trip report.

Thank you! And I think this is your first post here, so you get a :welcome: (It's never too late!)

Thanks for finishing

You are most welcome. I didn't want to leave this unfinished.

Have never been to the Hilton Head Resort,but really want to now! We have loved our visits to Vero Beach and Aulani so now Hilton Head is on the list. Enjoy your Food and Wine trip!

We really like it. I would put it above Vero. It's a hidden gem.

Thanks, we did enjoy F&W quite a bit!

What a gorgeous update to end your trip on😊. Beautiful photos. HH looks like a wonderful place to visit.

Thanks! Yes, I highly recommend it. A great way to relax after all of the busy-ness of the parks. It's great that it's partway home for a lot of the east-coasters.

So glad Bullies was a bbq place because when I read that in the title I was worried someone had been giving you guys a hard time 😱. Happy it was food and that the food was tasty.

:rotfl2: I hadn't thought of that! Yes, it's good stuff!

Have a great time at food and wine and if you do decide to do a report let us all know as I’d love to read more of your adventures :goodvibes

Thanks! We'll see.

Nice wrap up, Glenn. :) It was a really nice trip and I'm really excited for you to finally get to F&W!

Thanks Liesa! I'm (well, "was", but I'm back now) excited for F&W too! (And that excitement was well-founded!)

I hope you do end up writing a report so we can live vicariously through you until all of us get to go back! Hope your travel day went smoothly today!

I know, I know. It's just so much work and time is scarce. Yes, travel was quite smooth, thanks!

Nice job wrapping up your trip report. Hope we at least get to hear your observations about your trip. Have fun!!

Thank you melk! I'll give you one observation -- I was worried that F&W was going to be really expensive because I went through the list of all of the menu offerings and my list of items I wanted to try was around $300. But, we went several times, for lunch or dinner, and just hit a few booths and between the two of us would usually spend around $35 - $40 (for both of us!). When we'd go to a sit-down restaurant, we'd spend $100-$200 (some bottles of wine were consumed :rolleyes:). Anyway, we found that the F&W kiosks were more affordable than I first thought. I didn't get all of the items on my wish list for F&W, but I didn't really feel like I missed out on anything.

A great day to end your trip! Thanks for finishing your TR. Hope you decide to do one for your F&W adventures!

Thanks rdkeim! We'll see about another report. I would like the trips documented like I've done with this one and earlier trips, but just not sure that I have the time to dedicate to it. But it's good to know that I have you guys rooting for me! :blush:

This does look really good. When in the South you have to get BBQ.

Yes, you've gotta get it. I'm sure some BBQ purists would argue with me that there's better stuff out there, but I thought it was pretty good.

Very pretty and serene looking.

Beautiful!

I like this one too.

Thanks (3x). There are a lot of pretty photo ops at HHI!

Did he catch anything?

Not that I know of, but he may have caught some things and thrown them back.

Thanks for sharing and sticking with it.

You bet!

So far it looks like you've had a good trip. Fingers crossed you write a report.

I think you're referring to my Instagram posts (others please follow me on Instagram at glennbo123). Yeah, I didn't post a lot, but I did post a few selfies, mostly from various roller coasters and Galaxy's Edge. We had fun, and ate quite a bit!

Aha another chance to meet up. We booked Dec 26- 30 at SSR.

Whoa! I think I see some overlap. :faint: I'll DM you.

Nice Wrap up HHI is beautiful and trying to figure out a way to get back there but as you said with an AP WDW wins out to " get our money's worth" :rotfl2:

Yep! When you invest that much (Annual Pass, TiW card) that's what you do. We may try to get back to Aulani next though, after our points build back up. :rotfl2:

I think you're referring to my Instagram posts (others please follow me on Instagram at glennbo123). Yeah, I didn't post a lot, but I did post a few selfies, mostly from various roller coasters and Galaxy's Edge. We had fun, and ate quite a bit!
But are you going to post a trip report? Maybe you're saving it until after your big trip later this year?

It was a pretty good day! Yes, I think we’ll be bragging about that feat for some time.

I agree, and I was probably a little hard on them in my assessment. But I still think that I’d choose to go other places, with so many great options in the World Showcase.

Thank you mustinjourney. I think it was quite a feat! It’s times like that when you realize how out of shape you are!

That’s wild! I know that stranger things have happened. I remember reading a story where a husband (or maybe wife) was looking at a picture of their spouse when they were a young child, taken at DisneyWorld. In the photo behind them, the other spouse was walking with their parents – they were there at the same time and were even in the photo!

It wasn’t easy, but it’s something I’ll be able to tell my kids. Oh wait, my kids were there. Okay, it’s something my kids can tell me when I can’t remember anymore!
And here I am laughing 2 years later. :D :D

Aw! Hey, thanks Tammie! Good to see you're still around on the boards.
As you can see, I'm not here much. :) I think about so many DIS friends often, but I seem to get so caught up in FB I never make it over here. It is so much more happy over here. I have to know - updates on your family - I don't see any more trip reports listed - any more weddings? Any more grandkids? We bought some points at HHI resale and we're going to visit for 5 days in April. I'm excited to see another "home!" I enjoyed reading about your experiences there so much!

As you can see, I'm not here much. :) I think about so many DIS friends often, but I seem to get so caught up in FB I never make it over here. It is so much more happy over here.

Good to see you on here Tammie (and I was happy to see that you chimed in on that Aulani thread regarding the adults-only pool). Yes, I think about my DIS-friends a lot too and am sorry that I don't have the time or energy to post very much on here. We've had 3 great trips since the one reported here, but it's so much work getting the photos ready for posting and then all the writing...I just can't bring myself to do it anymore. Judy and I went to Hawaii back in 2018 and had an amazing trip. We went to Kauai for 5 nights and then to Oahu (staying at Aulani) for 6 nights. The highlight of the trip was probably the helicopter tour we did on Kauai, with snorkeling at Hanauma Bay earning honorable mention. Visiting Pearl Harbor didn't work out, as I planned for it on the day we changed islands, and our plane was delayed. Plus, that was when there was an issue with the dock for the boat that takes you out...hopefully, that's fixed by now. Anyway, we never made it there. Something for next time. Speaking of next time, we are planning to go back next year, probably September. We loved Aulani and actually canceled some sight-seeing plans just to spend more time relaxing at the resort. Moving forward to 2019, in October, Judy and I went to WDW for Food & Wine for a week, and then made another trip over year-end, when we took all of the kids (son-in-law's first visit) and stayed in a 2-bedroom DVC suite at Kidani. The kids loved seeing Galaxy's Edge. For New Year's Eve, we went to Raglan Road and a fight broke out inside the bar! State troopers actually had to remove someone...I tell ya, the lengths Disney will go to in order to give you an authentic experience!

I follow some DISers on Instagram. I'll forget someone or two, but lemme think. On here, they went by KatMark, Captain_Oblivious, MEK, brookelizabeth, elphie101, onelilspark, tinacaplan, onescgirl, GreatBiscuit, vamassey1, YukiPhnx. I'm sure there's a couple more. Unfortunately, I had to make my account private, but if you're a DISer I recognize I'll accept you. (Sorry if someone requested and I didn't accept. You haven't missed much, just a lot of breakfast photos posted while I quarantined at home!)

I have to know - updates on your family - I don't see any more trip reports listed - any more weddings? Any more grandkids?

Well, let me start with the not-so-good...2019 was a really bad year for us, as Judy and I both lost a parent (her Dad, my Mom). By the time the pandemic came, I was like, "Bring it on...what more can happen?!" But in the good news department, in December we'll be promoted to "grandparents". Lauren and David are expecting. No additional weddings, we'll see. James is a senior at Penn State, so we'll have the last one through that big expense soon.

We bought some points at HHI resale and we're going to visit for 5 days in April. I'm excited to see another "home!" I enjoyed reading about your experiences there so much!

We did too! I was watching resale prices as the pandemic broke out and Disney stopped exercising ROFR. One morning on our daily walk with the dog, I mentioned to Judy that prices were pretty low and Disney wasn't buying them back. If I were to try for something, I think it'd be Hilton Head so that I could get booking priority there...and of course, we could always use more points. She said, "Go for it!" By the end of the day, I had a nice contract (although stripped, but I wasn't planning on going anywhere anytime soon) for $65 a point, which I was very happy with. I think I saw that Disney is buying them back at around $75/point now. Anyway, we're going to Hilton Head with the first use of those points in just a few days, for a week in a studio.

Glad to hear all is well. This came up as an alert for my subscribed threads. I miss your trip reports, though I understand. They’re a lot of work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter