Biergarten - thoughts, reviews please

We enjoy the food and atmosphere, which is why we go back, but dislike the small shared tables.

We’ve been to restaurants with the long communal tables, and it’s not that bad. But with only 2 families (maybe 3) at one table, it gets uncomfortable when the other family doesn’t want to talk.

I hate German food...or thought I did. There is an authentic place near us that we went to and it was awful. It was a little worse than the authentic place we went to 20 years ago when we lived in NY LOL. I am not a fan of vinegar as a flavor...DH offered me a bite of his sauerbraten and it literally traumatized me it was so bad.

That said, Biergarten is perhaps our favorite restaurant in Epcot! I LOVE the show and we enjoy the communal seating. It's just DH and I and we always manage polite chit chat with our tablemates. The food...well...apparently i was wrong about hating German food! I could live happily on their spaetzle and meatballs and pretzel bread and schnitzel for the rest of my life. We have another ADR for the Candlelight Processional this December.

We love everything about it! Food is exactly right, Bier is best, and the show is fantastic! It's nice and dark and cool in there. Just booked for 9 people for CP...can't wait!

It is a one and done for us. I thought I would like the communal aspect of seating. However, we had a family seated next to us who made it quite clear that they wanted absolutely nothing to do with us. They were actually rather rude to us and the couple seated at the end of the table. Plus, the food was OK but not outstanding. I did like the grapefruit beer. Both DH and I agree that we prefer to have our own table. We have been on trips and cruises where we talked with people at the next table and had a nice conversation. We were hoping for the same.

Give it a try, so fun! It is every single person in our travel party’s favorite. We are aged, 69, 65, 43, 43, 9, and 7. And it is the one reservation where my local friends meet us and want to meet us. It have great choices and ambiance.

While I enjoy the buffet I do not care for the seating. Last trip we were seated with a family of 6 who sat the length of the table versus 3 across from each other. My family ended up along the other side and it made it difficult to interact during the meal.

Fun. I dont go every trip, but probably every other. Food is good, for the options I actually like. Im pretty picky, but I dont leave hungry.

We have been three times and have always enjoyed the food. On the first trip, my wife and I, were seated with a group of 4 and another couple. The group of four only talked to themselves. We got along good with the other couple though. On the next two trips, there were 3 of us and we were seated with a group of five adults one time and a family of five the last time. Both the group and the family were very friendly. I would not hesitate to go back the next time we go to WDW.

My husband was stationed in Germany for a decade so be always wants to go to get his fill of German food.

We have had an enjoyable time every time we’ve gone. While I would prefer it didn’t have communal seating, I’m fine with it. We have never really sat with chatty people though.

I don’t love buffets generally, but the food has always been good for us.

I love the band! The communal seating can be interesting, but usually it's a lot of fun, I think that's part of the experience and it's what they do at Oktoberfest. In recent years, I think the food has not been as "worth it" as it used to be. More expensive menu items have been replaced by fillers and cheaper options. On our last trip, they were carving ham and meatloaf. They used to carve roast pork and beef. They used to offer a delicious beef dish called roladen, that is thinly sliced beef rolled around a bacon and onion mixture and cooked in a rich and silky gravy. It's no longer on the menu. I'm sure I'll be back because I do enjoy the band the German food that is served, but I am disappointed that the quality has slipped.

We have only been once as a twosome and the food and beer were good and the atmosphere was fun. We didn’t have our kids with us but I wish we had brought them to it. The kids on the dance floor had a great time. I would recommend trying to be seated around a “show”? We got sit between 2 and it was just as we were leaving things started to really get fun.

We did this for the candlelight processional. We always try to eat here when we go the Disney. Don't mind the seating at the tables, If we get a chatty family we interact, if we don't we talk among ourselves. Last July went with large group, 10, and they seated us all at the same table. Great time and a great show. Food is good too.

I've wanted to try this place, but nothing really appeals to me on the menu so I'll probably never try it.

One of my favorite places to eat. Great atmosphere and even better food. I love German food and it's a nice little change from other table service options. Just know that you will sit with people at your table that you don't know but if your social like me it's a lot of fun getting to meet and make new friends.

Our family enjoys eating here. The communal seating can be a lot of fun. We try to be friendly and chat but we are ok if the other party isn't into it. My boys have taken German since 4th grade ( they are in High School now ) so they enjoy speaking to the staff here. I like the grapefruit beer. A stop at the Karmelle Kuchen is a must.

While I enjoy the buffet I do not care for the seating. Last trip we were seated with a family of 6 who sat the length of the table versus 3 across from each other. My family ended up along the other side and it made it difficult to interact during the meal.

I'm surprised the hostess let them do that. We were seated with a mother/teenage son pair one time and she wanted them to sit next to each other and the hostess said that parties needed to be across from each other and made them move.

I will never ever dine here again. Once was more than enough

I do not like the food and I hated sharing a table. It was awkward and uncomfortable. The other party clearly had no idea that sharing a table was required. I was w my parents and dh. My dad never met a stranger. Dad tried really hard, but no luck

While it was a favorite w my parents, both before and after the one time we joined them, we will never go again

Way too many places we actually enjoy to go again

We have been there many times. I think the issue is that you guys kept trying to talk to them. Most people just talk to their own party and not the others sitting at the table. Europe has tons of communal tables and no one expects you to talk to others that are not in your party. You kind of have to feel the vibe of the others. Of all the times that we have been there, we talked to maybe 2 other parties for a little bit and then did our own thing. Never had any awkward moments. Maybe rethink your idea of what to expect and try it again.

Nope, never gonna happen.

It wasn’t excessive, but was met w very unhappy faces.

My Dad has been gone for 6.5 years. So no need to ever try it again. Not if it was free

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter