Biergarten or Via Napoli?

Mintycake

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide on Via Napoli or Biergarten for dinner in Epcot. We will be doing extended hours that night. For data points, we live in an area where we have good Italian, we already have dinner reservations at Trattoria al Forno, and I am part German and my family enjoys German food. I feel like Biergarten might be a neat experience with the entertainment and dancing.

Between those two, aside from preferences of what you wanted to eat that night I'd consider price. I have two kids who eat like birds so I never get moneys worth from buffet or fixed price stuff. At Via Napoli we could all share a big pizza and come out pretty cheap for a good sit down meal.

Biergarten! My family has gone several times, love it. Okay, the food isn't as good as our local German place, but it's okay. The atmosphere and music are the best.

Via Napoli is meh to me. I prefer my local pizza parlor.

Biergarten. The food and entertainment are good. Via Napoli is really overpriced pizza if you have good Italian where you live. It is decent Pizza but I bet you can get something better for less local.

I have never enjoyed german food, And my wife and I had an amazing meal on our date vacations at Via Napoli

That would be my suggestion....

I would go with Biergarten! DH and I enjoyed the food and entertainment two weeks ago!

We too have plenty of good Italian restaurants and pizza places near home, but we don’t have German. So we love Biergarten for food plus the band. It’s just plain fun!

Via Napoli is one of my favorite Epcot restaurants and we typically dine there on every trip.

However, Biergarten is one of those classic things you should do if you haven't yet.

Even though it was pretty much a one and done for us, we are happy we went.

You have answered your own question. You have good Italian in your area just like I do. Vin Napoli has decent pizza but it not any better than the pizza the Boston area. Biergarten has decent German buffet, good beer and a nice show. I would pick Biergarten. Plus Trattoria al Forno is really good even for this Italian.

Trying to decide on Via Napoli or Biergarten for dinner in Epcot. We will be doing extended hours that night. For data points, we live in an area where we have good Italian, we already have dinner reservations at Trattoria al Forno, and I am part German and my family enjoys German food. I feel like Biergarten might be a neat experience with the entertainment and dancing.

I really like the pizza at Via, but if you don't have German food in your area, I would probably opt for Biergarten (if you are ok with buffets) - it's definitely more of an "experience" than Via. Personally, I would cancel Trattoria - I have eaten there three times over the past year and the quality and portion sizes reduced substantially just during this year. We just ate there about a month ago and it was really subpar. I got chicken parm and I've never had a tougher piece of chicken in my life. If you want good Italian food, head to Il Mulino at the Swan which is within walking distance of the Boardwalk.

I think whether or not you choose Biergarten should be based on if you have good German restaurants where you live. I do, so since my family and I are used to good German food, we thought Biergarten was terrible. I feel like people who say they like it must not have anything to compare it to.

Biergarten is a must do for us when we go. Sure the food is not the best German you're going to get but then again almost nothing in Disney World is better than what you can get in a strip mall up in the northeast.

For us, Biergarten has fun entertainment and below average food on the buffet (with the exception of the apple strudel!). Via Napoli pizza we enjoy a lot. With the more 'community' seating at Biergarten, we only do it every several years when we have a larger group to have our own table - just our choice. We just did Biergarten last week because it was the only place we could get the Candlelight Processional package we wanted - it was fun, but we're good for another 5-10 years until we need to go back......

I lived in Germany for 2 years and you couldn't pay me to go eat at Biergarten. The food is terrible but the entertainment is really what you're paying for.

Via Napoli's atmosphere is meh at best but the pizzas are quite good and shareable.

I had the same conundrum as OP. Went with Via Napoli. We’re already doing a good number of buffets for upcoming Disney trip and I assumed if I want true authenticity, it wouldn’t be at Disney for food quality. We used to have a few great German restaurants at home, but sadly that has dwindled. Now we do have a Hofbräuhaus, which my daughter loves. We go there often. If we didn’t have that or a viable German offering back home, would probably not have picked Via Napoli.

Lived in Munchen 30 years ago so my memory is not perfect but I found the Biergarten food very comforting this week: German sauerkraut, red cabbage, sausages, and meats were good. Passable imitation of Spezi to drink too. Benefit of buffet, you can grab tiny amounts to sample, then go back for the good stuff. Entertainment was okay.

Here's another vote for Biergarten. If you have never been you should try it at least once. Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy yourselves.

Via Napoli was one and done for us (overpriced pizza and dull environment). We've eaten at Biergarten on most of our last few trips (enjoy the food, show and environment). Everyone is different so try both!

We don't consider the cost in our decision but I think there are pizzas that are as much or more than the entire buffet and show at Biergarten. Chicken Parm dish even comes close.

Via Napoli has been pretty bad the last two times I went. Pizza was not special or good. I’d look elsewhere. It was really good before 2020

Another vote for Biergarten - it's such a unique dining experience compared to what most of us have at home but Via Napoli feels pretty "normal" if you will. The entertainment and environment is worth it and I've always enjoyed the food (just went last month again and our whole party enjoyed it!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter