Biergarten or Via Napoli for family dinner at World Showcase?

For my picky eater we went with Via Napoli (no dining plan). It was also more budget friendly as we could split the pizza and also order appetizers.
I agree with this. I too would go with Via Napoli. Its way cheaper, and who doesnt like pizza? I have to say their pizza is pretty amazing. Yes its true that the atmosphere at Biergarten is more authentic and its fun to watch the band, BUT, not everyone likes that type of food. Biergarten aint cheap! I'd take a look at the offerings at Biergarten before deciding. Im sure you can also find pics somewhere on here (or food/band clips on youtube).

Biergarten most definitely!!!! You can eat Italian food anytime at home. Plus, Biergarten has a great dinner show and most restaurants that have that at WDW {Spirit of Aloha and Hoop De Hoo Review} charge a bunch for it and it is part of the deal at Biergarten.

Another vote for Biergarten! We love the food and have had great luck with tablemates. I am in the minority in that I am totally underwhelmed by Via Napoli. Pizza is meh and ordered eggplant parm & got a side of potatoes???? What Italian restaurant doesn't give a side of pasta? And, yes, I am Italian!

Biergarten, most definitely. I made the mistake of saying we'd skip it one trip because we always go there and was quickly corrected by all my children, even the picky one who only ever wanted burgers, nuggets, and pizza. The place is that much fun. We have never not gone to Biergarten when at WDW.

Via Napoli probably has better options for kids. We have found it to be consistently busy there and service can be relatively slow. Its also very loud and noisy. Not conducive to a nice relaxing family dinner, but the food is pretty good.

Biergarten has music and dancing which is fun for kids, but having to go up to the buffet to get food for you and the kids can be a little chaotic and not the most relaxing meal either. You also sit at communal tables with strangers, if that's a concern.

If your kids are not picky eaters, I do think Biergarten has a more fun and unique atmosphere, especially to keep the kids entertained. But if food is a concern, Via Napoli would be the better choice.

In my opinion not knowing what type of food your child like to eat only going by my own personal experiences. It is hard to argue with the atmosphere and show at the Biergarten but and nothing good ever comes after that word I would have to go with Via Napoli being that most children that age would find it the buffet at the Biergarten not in to their taste. I would be really upset at paying Disney buffet prices only to watch them eat chicken nuggets and mac n cheese regardless of the quality of the show.

Go with the safer option Via Napoli what child does not like Pizza.

My 2 cents
I actually have a young granddaughter who does not like pizza or french fries

Your kids will probably have more fun at Biergarten, so if that's the priority I would do Biergarten. That said, I have never been impressed by the food there. That's actually a huge understatement. I've been very unimpressed. The food was overcooked, dry, and IMO I'd compare it favorably to a Golden Corral. So, between the two, if good food is just as important, Via Napoli would be my choice.

Biergarten is definitely the winner for a fun family atmosphere. My family would have mixed thoughts on the food. Some of us prefer Biergarten while others prefer Via Napoli, but since I make the ADRs...it's Biergarten :D

I love both places, so much that on our trip in June i have them both booked. But I'd probably go with Via Napoli. Biergarten i'm not sure is for everyone. If you have some picky eaters, German food isn't the best option. But who doesn't love pasta or pizza! and Via Napoli is better priced.

Well I LOVE pizza but not the one served at Via Napoli, thin tasteless sauce and very little cheese. Just not my idea of a good pizza. And pasta sauce is a very regional thing in Italy. I grew up with the rich meaty sauces of the Bologna region. Definitely not what they serve at VN.

Via Napoli is delicious but I'd absolutely go to Biergarten! We eat there nearly every trip. The food is good and the atmosphere is top notch. I love the show they put on too!

Via Napoli if you want quality food. Kids like pizza too but there is something to be said for quality Neopolitan

Biergarten for atmosphere and beer

Here is one thing about Via Napoli. It's great if you all want pizza.

We had a really bad experience when my DD wanted spaghetti instead of pizza. They come out of different "kitchens"

DD's spaghetti came about 1/2 hour before our pizza. She was done eating we even started.

It was not a great experience. When we all just ate pizza, it was much better.

We love the Biergarten is one of our absolute favs!!

Another vote for Biergarten. Fun atmosphere, live entertainment, and good food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter