Biergarten or Via Napoli for family dinner at World Showcase?

Jen81NYC

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm surprising the kids with their first trip to WDW next month! Two boys, 7 and 4.5. We're there for 6 nights (staying at the Poly) and I'd like to spend one evening in World Showcase where we'd have a fun casual meal and then walk around. What would be the better family meal experience--Biergarten or Via Napoli? Both 5:30ish reservations to guard against my younger son turning into a beast. No DDP and just want decent food and a good atmosphere for the kids. We live in Manhattan so I don't need the food to be *amazing* since we can get good German and Italian food here but I also don't want a totally crappy-tasting meal (mainly because my husband wouldn't shut up about it, lol). Thanks!!

I would go with Biergarten because it has fun, unique entertainment. The buffet is good too. Just in case you don't know, you will be seated with other people at long tables. I didn't have a problem with this. My dinner partner and I talked to one another. The other folks didn't seem interested in interacting and neither were we!

Biergarten! Yummy food with lots to choose from, the show is wonderful and there's an area in front of stage where kids can dance. We were there a year ago and still talk about the great evening we had.

Biergarten is fun at any age, we can’t wait to go back.

Definitely the Biergarten. We love it. The food is good with lots of options and the show is fun (the guy with the cowbells is amazing!)

Biergarten is a lot of fun. Make sure to check the showtime schedule so you can see the band.
The pizza at Via Napoli is quite different from NYC pizza. It is made to be as close to authentic Neapolitan pizza as possible. I think they do a pretty good job.

Biergarten would be my pick. They both have good food. But for the entertainment I’d go with Biergarten.

I would do Via Napoli. Safer food options, for my family. It isn't a buffet so cheaper and more choices as to how to order, since you aren't on the DDP.

I'll jump on the Biergarten band wagon 😉 Great for kids, they can get up and dance, move around. Buffet, lots of choices. It was our 'traditional' stop for years. But now my "kids" want to venture out to different places, over ruling DH (his fave place).

In my opinion not knowing what type of food your child like to eat only going by my own personal experiences. It is hard to argue with the atmosphere and show at the Biergarten but and nothing good ever comes after that word I would have to go with Via Napoli being that most children that age would find it the buffet at the Biergarten not in to their taste. I would be really upset at paying Disney buffet prices only to watch them eat chicken nuggets and mac n cheese regardless of the quality of the show.

Go with the safer option Via Napoli what child does not like Pizza.

My 2 cents

I liked the food/atmosphere better at Biergarten, but kids may prefer Via Napoli. Let me make things more confusing with a non-answer suggestion... consider Garden Grill.

Biergarten is a buffet style dinner, so lots of things to choice from for the kids, my girls (2, 5, & 7 ages) loved the entertainment and dancing there.

For my picky eater we went with Via Napoli (no dining plan). It was also more budget friendly as we could split the pizza and also order appetizers.

Both are fun, but Biergarten definitely has the better atmosphere. It also costs quite a bit more. My boys are very picky and only ate the pretzel buns at Biergarten. They ate a lot of them, but not enough to justify the cost. They were age 4 and 7 when I went. Honestly it was a bit of a pain being the only adult to help them at the buffets. We have since gone to Via Napoli and we enjoyed it so much more because the boys will actually eat the food served there and we sit down and get waited on. So, it will depend on your kids, if they like German food and are good at helping themselves at a buffet, then yes to Biergarten, if no, then choose Via Napoli.

We have been to both. My kids are picky eaters and didn’t like anything on the menu at the Biergarten. Via Napoli, on the other hand, was a HUGE hit. So much so that they want to go on our next trip.

Biergarten! We love that the great food buffet has something for all ages, plus it's got that really unique, magical atmosphere that's special in World Showcase. Must do for us every trip, especially with the fun music/ entertainment. :goodvibes

Like em both but for atmosphere alone, Biergarten wins my vote. Very cool place, the band engages the kids, great food, makes you feel like you are in a real German village.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter