Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique MK or Grand Floridian?

We actually did the Cinderella wedding dress (it’s white) and people stopped to ask which princess she was dressed as. She was 5, had long hair and got the bun hairstyle with a crown. It was beautiful before they started putting a sponge and rolling hair on it (now it’s a round bun)

it used to be:

It is harder to do with short hair so I understand why the change was made, but with long hair the new round bun with a sponge doesn’t look great

https://milestomemories.com/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique-review/

Last edited:
Grand Floridian definitely has a BBB with fairy Godmothers. We did it the knights package with my son before covid. It was great, they were just running behind. But everything I read at the time said all of the locations were prone to do that.

We did a PPO session when my daughter was 5 and then lunch at CRT. Perfect magical day where my husband took this photo as we walked to BBB.657343

We also always brought our own dresses from home since we could get a different style that wasn’t so heavy and hot.

Really good point for August. The dresses there are going to be exactly what you think, hot and big and stiff. A lighter version might work a lot better. They'll work with your dress and make it magic, even if you bring it. They ask you at check in, and you skip the shopping if you brought one.

Which do you think is the more magical experienc, MK or at the Grand Floridia?
Thank you all so much! We definitely want the whole fairy godmother in training treatment!

I am a little worried about the hair. DGD isn’t the most stoic kid at hair brushing time.

She is absolutely adorable!

We did it multiple times when DD was young because she was a princess fanatic. DD had a sensitive head and hated when we brushed her hair at home, and she never once complained at BBB. She was all wrapped up in the princess experience.

I would do MK. We did it exactly how you described. I used to set the appointment for around 10:00, and then have lunch in the castle set for around noon. We would get there at opening, ride a few rides, then go to BBB, then have a princess lunch. With a 10:00 appointment, unless they were running behind, we often had time to do something between BBB and lunch. BBB usually ran about 45 minutes. A have done a10:30 appt when that was the only time we could get-- but it is a risk-- they are often running behind- if you do that you definitely need to tell them when you check in that you have a castle lunch reservation at whatever time it is.

Cinderella is pretty standard. I would think they would have her size. I do recall one time they did not have DD's size in the Princess she wanted and they simply called down to the Emporium and had a CM bring it down. Unless something has changed, they told us if it is in stock anywhere in MK in the right size, they will get it to the BBB.

In my opinion Disney Springs is too far, and you don't get the full experience of being in the park all dressed up. DD always wanted to go see princesses and other characters at MK while she was dressed up as a Princess, and the CMs and characters always used to make a big fuss over her, so we prefer MK. Even when we saw the Princesses at lunch, DD would often want to go see them again in the regular locations for pictures, and she wanted to see other characters while she was dressed up too. Also, people will tell you, that you can get it done at Disney Springs, and then the hair lasts for days so they can wear it in the parks the next day. My DD was sensitive headed and she ALWAYS wanted that hair taken down at the hotel that night. No way she was sleeping in that hairstyle and wearing it again the same day.

I have heard that in 2019 they revamped the hairstyles and loosened them somewhat, including the bun style being not as tight anymore, so I don't think it would still be an issue for you- but the first time DD did BBB, she was 4 or 5 and wanted Cinderella with the Princess bun--- and that hairstyle made it through some pictures at their then studio, lunch with the Princesses, and then about another hour before she was telling us she was done and it was too tight and she wanted it taken down. She had definite ideas about maybe a pic with Mickey in it and then it was coming down. Luckily we found that even with the massive amounts of gel they used it was very easy to get down and brush out. Even though she was done with that hair within 3 hours, it was still worth it for how fun the experience was for her and how happy it made her to prance around as a princess eating in the castle and meeting characters for 2-3 hours.

As far as the dresses, I would think how your DGD feels about the length of time wearing them at home might be a good indication for the parks, as she already dresses up. Even if it was hot at WDW, DD liked the attention she got wearing the Princess dress far too much to take it off. She was one of those kids that typically was sensitive about labels and seams and itchy fabric-- but she spent about 2 full toddler years in a Disney store Cinderella dress every day at home. Princess dresses were the exception to the itchy fabric or seam meltdowns. When she was little, DD would wear Princess dresses about every day in the parks-- she usually got to buy one there at BBB and then we would bring a couple from home. I typically would keep a spare outfit with us and an empty folded up bag for the dress just in case, but she very rarely changed. There are some places online that do have lighter weight, softer fabric cute princess style dresses you could get ahead of time- but DD always wanted to buy a parks one while we were at WDW. I don't know if they still make you pick the BBB package ahead of time, but unless something has changed, they always let you switch it when you get there if you decide you want to.

When DD was 4, she could have cared less about most of the rides. Her perfect day at MK was dressing up as a Princess and going from character meet to character meet all day.

Last edited:
When we went in the summer, my princess's favorite dress was actually a swimsuit. ShopDisney sold many versions of elaborate swimsuits over the last few years you can get on ebay. The Tiana one is adorable! And Tiana is a tough one for merch. They have skirts and everything. You'd never know it was a swimsuit.

Thanks! The plan is to dress in shorts before BBB then change if we need to later. We’ll probably head back to the hotel not too long after lunch.

I‘m afraid it’s going to be full princess regalia or bust with this child. She wore a Belle dress all over SeaWorld San Antonio last fall and it was pretty warm.

I‘m afraid it’s going to be full princess regalia or bust with this child. She wore a Belle dress all over SeaWorld San Antonio last fall and it was pretty warm.

Sounds familiar!!! My tip is make her wear sensible shoes. Those Princess shoes are not made for walking the parks. We would tell DD we would buy her the shoes as long as she only wore them when we got home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter