Bibbidi BobbidI help

JFDIS

Mouseketeer
Hi, Experts!

I am planning to do Bibbidi BobbidI with my 6 and 5 y/o daughters. My plan is to buy dresses at Sir Mickeys prior and use my AP discount. Are the dresses in the park the same price as ShopDisney? Is there somewhere to change them into the dresses at the salon? We are staying at GF. Would it make more sense to dress them before we leave? I would like the whole thing to be a surprise but also don’t want to change them into dresses in a park restroom (if there is no salon changing room).

Thanks!

Hi, Experts!

I am planning to do Bibbidi BobbidI with my 6 and 5 y/o daughters. My plan is to buy dresses at Sir Mickeys prior and use my AP discount. Are the dresses in the park the same price as ShopDisney? Is there somewhere to change them into the dresses at the salon? We are staying at GF. Would it make more sense to dress them before we leave? I would like the whole thing to be a surprise but also don’t want to change them into dresses in a park restroom (if there is no salon changing room).

Thanks!
I’m not sure about the price but yes they will be able to change at the Boutique

They are the same price unless you catch it on sale. What they do now is when you check in they take you to Sir Mickeys for a consultation. You walk around and pick the dress and accessories. Then they show you a hairstyle menu and pick out how you want to be styled. Quite an experience for the little ones. The price of dresses at shop Disney, the boutiques and Sir Mickeys are pretty much the same.

They are the same price unless you catch it on sale. What they do now is when you check in they take you to Sir Mickeys for a consultation. You walk around and pick the dress and accessories. Then they show you a hairstyle menu and pick out how you want to be styled. Quite an experience for the little ones. The price of dresses at shop Disney, the boutiques and Sir Mickeys are pretty much the same.
Thank you so much for this detailed response! This is very helpful!

Oh yes I forgot to mention, they have a dressing room at Sir Mickeys and they are assisted by their fairy godmother. If they need a different size she goes and gets it for them. It’s the whole experience from start to finish. We also had 8:20 am appts (4 little girls) and a 10:15 reservation next door at the castle. They were so excited! Have fun! Also remember, the reservations start at midnight for the boutique. You do not need to wait until 6 am to make your reservation. Lots of times available.

Last edited:
Oh yes u forgot to mention, they have a dressing room at Sir Mickeys and they are assisted by their fairy godmother. If they need a different size she goes and gets it for them. It’s the whole experience from start to finish. We also had 8:20 am appts (4 little girls) and a 10:15 reservation next door at the castle. They were so excited! Have fun! Also remember, the reservations start at midnight for the boutique. You do not need to wait until 6 am to make your reservation. Lots of times available.
Thank you so much! I can’t wait to take my girls! I appreciate the info. 😊

Hi, Experts!

Thanks!
We’re headed there in April and your questions have all been answered. But I wanted to throw in my two cents - I bought our dresses on shop Disney when there was a sale. I got 30% off - I’m not sure how that compares to the AP discount. I bought them months ago. I initially did it this way to make sure I got the right costumes in the right sizes but then decided to only buy them on sale. It took some waiting.

I actually asked some questions on another thread (with no response) but I realize that y’all are my target audience! Any help or info is appreciated.

1) how long did yall have to wait to be seen? How long was total appointment from check-in until pictures? I’ve heard it can be a while. Just trying to plan for shows after the appointment. :)
2) since we’re wearing dresses there we’re getting the least expensive package. Does it still come with a t-shirt?
3) how crowded is it in the actual salon? I have one child who hates being in crowds indoors, but really wants to do this. As long as kids get seated in the stylists chairs once they are in the salon, annd are not waiting in a crowd, I think she’ll be fine. (And yes she’s fine waiting in Disney lines for rides! Just really dislikes rooms with tons of people which is understandable, and I want to prep her if necessary)

It took us about an hour, 15 minutes but there were 4 girls and they had us in a room to ourselves. I think we waited a while so they could get them all together. There was plenty of space between the booths. The room in the back was fairly private so maybe ask if you can get in there. There were 4 chairs and they put us all together. Even if in the big room there’s plenty of space. I think she’ll be fine. They usually only allow 1 parent per child. The t shirt comes in the package. The carriage package includes hair, makeup, nail polish, sash and cinch sack and t shirt

It took us about an hour, 15 minutes but there were 4 girls and they had us in a room to ourselves. I think we waited a while so they could get them all together. There was plenty of space between the booths. The room in the back was fairly private so maybe ask if you can get in there. There were 4 chairs and they put us all together. Even if in the big room there’s plenty of space. I think she’ll be fine. They usually only allow 1 parent per child. The t shirt comes in the package. The carriage package includes hair, makeup, nail polish, sash and cinch sack and t shirt
Thank you!!!

The longest wait time was while picking out dresses and hairstyles. Since you will bypass choosing the dress, it may be faster. I'm posting a picture (which was taken in the room I was referring to) which shows the distance between the chairs. There is also a good amount of space in the larger room, but this one felt quieter. I'd ask when checking in and explain her reluctance to be in a large crowd. You should be able to click the picture to see the full area

Attachments

• 2023-11-03 - Magic Kingdom BBB.jpg
    2023-11-03 - Magic Kingdom BBB.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 18
The longest wait time was while picking out dresses and hairstyles. Since you will bypass choosing the dress, it may be faster. I'm posting a picture (which was taken in the room I was referring to) which shows the distance between the chairs. There is also a good amount of space in the larger room, but this one felt quieter. I'd ask when checking in and explain her reluctance to be in a large crowd. You should be able to click the picture to see the full area
That picture is so fun, and that is so helpful - thank you! I will ask for the back room and see if it's possible. For the timing questions, that was also helpful . We have a resy to go to CRT afterwards, but hoping to go see Enchanted Tales with Belle, and meet Tiana/Rapunzel after the appointment since they are usually not at CRT. Also, IF the timing works, there is the magical friendship faire. Thank you again! It sounds like it should all work and she should be fine with that kind of spacing and wait.

If your child is going to want a specific dress I would purchase ahead of time. You never know if they will run out of a dress in the size you need.

If your child is going to want a specific dress I would purchase ahead of time. You never know if they will run out of a dress in the size you need.
Thank you for the advice! I just checked and there is a sale on ShopDisney right now. I will have the girls pick out their dresses and order them before we get there. My youngest is dead set on Mulan.

Thank you for the advice! I just checked and there is a sale on ShopDisney right now. I will have the girls pick out their dresses and order them before we get there. My youngest is dead set on Mulan.
Very timely - I got an email today that’s they’re doing 30% off costumes right now! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter