• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bibbidi Bobbidi hairstyle

cgdisney

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I was looking at the videos on YouTube and I was wondering if you can just pick a simple style with no hairspray. Thanks

They use a lot of hairspray to keep it in place. I imagine without any hairspray at all it won't stay in during a long day in the park. I would think it would fall out fast and be a waste of money.

They can only do the hairstyles that are offered. You can ask for less hairspray, but keep in mind that it's not going to last as long.

My granddaughters have always done this every trip, but on our next visit I have convinced my daughter-in-law to try the Ivy Trellis at the GF spa. I was there a few weeks ago to get my hair done for a wedding and they had several little girls there too. They were all getting their hair done like princesses and it was so much prettier! It was done in soft curls, some half up, one in a big ponytail with curls. I then went on the Dusney website and sure enoytgey do packages! This is where we will go on our next trip!

Hi everyone. I was looking at the videos on YouTube and I was wondering if you can just pick a simple style with no hairspray. Thanks

A year or two ago, they changed the hairstyles to a more natural look - the bun offered did not look like the slick back high & tight "ballerina bun". The high & tight bun would last DD two full days.

Last summer, DD picked one with two side braids & even though they did use hairspray, it was not a lot like in years past. The hair lasted the full day, but that was it.

My granddaughters have always done this every trip, but on our next visit I have convinced my daughter-in-law to try the Ivy Trellis at the GF spa. I was there a few weeks ago to get my hair done for a wedding and they had several little girls there too. They were all getting their hair done like princesses and it was so much prettier! It was done in soft curls, some half up, one in a big ponytail with curls. I then went on the Dusney website and sure enoytgey do packages! This is where we will go on our next trip!
That salon is becoming a BBB as well, so that stinks.

DD is now 13 and is aged out of BBB, so she asked this year to go to the spa. Looking forward to see them work their "magic"!!

That salon is becoming a BBB as well, so that stinks.
No, the salon at the spa in not becoming BBB. It is in a separate building by the entrance to the villas. It is located in the Senses Spa building. They did an amazing job on the little girls and even one of the mothers. The mother had her very long hair braided beautifully with a ribbon.

A year or two ago, they changed the hairstyles to a more natural look - the bun offered did not look like the slick back high & tight "ballerina bun". The high & tight bun would last DD two full days.

Last summer, DD picked one with two side braids & even though they did use hairspray, it was not a lot like in years past. The hair lasted the full day, but that was it.

I agree with this. Even the bun styles are not as "tight" as they used to be. They don't use as much product but the downside to that is the styles don't last as long. My DD used to get hers done one morning and have it the following day and sometimes a day after that. Recently we've been lucky if it lasts the day of with an afternoon appointment.

No, the salon at the spa in not becoming BBB. It is in a separate building by the entrance to the villas. It is located in the Senses Spa building. They did an amazing job on the little girls and even one of the mothers. The mother had her very long hair braided beautifully with a ribbon.
Oh this isn't the salon in the main building of Grand Floridian? Sorry!

Thanks everyone. Glad to know they’re cutting down on the spray. Got a bit of time before I need to decide

Cut down so much that it's hardly worth the money now, the hairstyles barely last and I have to say, look really bad. Well, the bun style does. The difference is a real downgrade. The other styles are pretty similar to what they've always been. Except the colored full hairpiece that goes around the bun. Due to the change in the bun style it doesn't go around the bun right now.

Cut down so much that it's hardly worth the money now, the hairstyles barely last and I have to say, look really bad. Well, the bun style does. The difference is a real downgrade. The other styles are pretty similar to what they've always been. Except the colored full hairpiece that goes around the bun. Due to the change in the bun style it doesn't go around the bun right now.

Yep to that ! I completely agree. DD got her hair done at BB when they really sprayed the bun - let me tell you it was almost shellacked. :P (I want to say this was 6 years ago). Well that lasted 4 nights of our trip - she went swimming every day too. they even touched it up for free when it was starting to get a lot of loose wispies (as she was swimming a lot as it was summertime. )

She did it again 3 years ago and it was terrible. Only lasted 1 day. Not worth the $$. I think they said they now use a more “natural “ hairspray.

I’m wondering why they changed products.

And to OP , if they use minimal spray, I wouldn’t count on it lasting more than a day.

From the girls I've seen in the parks since the change, it often doesn't even last a day. Not if they are riding rides. Most kids hair is very fine and prone to whispies, which are only exaggerated when getting on rides. So after 2, 3 rides they hair is flying everywhere. Practically falling down
We did Ivy Trellis, as mentioned above after they did the change. DGD liked it so much more. Plus the makeup is prettier, since they use real makeup not that toy pallette from BBB.

If they'd just make the product optional, or use SOME gel it would help. That and get a child-sized bun form. The one they are using now looks to be made for an adult sized head and it just looks really out of proportion on the kids

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter