Beyond Big Thunder

If you read the DVC boards, you'll find a surprising number of resale owners are trying to do exactly that. I suspect the Powers That Be have asked the front-line cast to start cracking down---and their jobs might be conditioned on how well they do that.

Then throw in the fact that some of those resale owners believe they are entitled to the discounts and...yeah, I see why some CMs might get grumpy.
Not denying that. But it does make the entire experience incredibly unpleasant for those of us normal humans who aren’t out to rip off Disney.

I get it’s a big abused discount, but I felt like they thought I was lying. I don’t want magic. I just don’t want to be consistently questioned.

Well, we used to have these magic little cards called blue cards that were easy to just show and go on about your day, but someone along the way decided to half implement the digital wallet experience and "save a dollar."

If they wanted to fix the problem, they could give us back our blue cards or allow our digital card to apply the discount at point-of-sale like every Walgreens, gas station or modern grocery store.

If it's in MDE, it should be attached to our MagicBand anyway.

Or you know here's a thought, how about you quit creating two classes of DVC owners? Seems to have worked fine the first umpteen years of DVC. Most DVC owners probably have APs anyway and the discount is mostly the same.

Last edited:
But there was a problem with the blue cards in that they didn't expire. If somebody sold their DVC but kept the card they would still get the benefits.

But there was a problem with the blue cards in that they didn't expire. If somebody sold their DVC but kept the card they would still get the benefits.
The blue cards do have an expiration date. At least my last physical one has one (and it's expired)

Or you know here's a thought,

I'd be fine with a card or band being scanned, and it brings up my picture and that I'm an active AP and DVC member on the screen in front of their face.

Seems weird they don't know that without making me pull up the APP to prove- you know, what they SOLD me.

I'd be hard-pressed to think of a stupider idea than a separate land for villains. What are they going to do, take the villains out of all the other areas of the park and segregate them? Heroes and villains belong together. One without the other is just lame and boring. If that's what they end up doing, that will convince me that they're creatively bankrupt and have just run out of good ideas.

A Spooky land could possibly work; Coco could go in there, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. The spooky sections of Fantasia, maybe, or even Vampirina. The Headless Horseman could branch out of Liberty Square.

Or they could do a non-tropical Southwest theme, with Coco and Luca, even the ancient Peru of The Empire's New Groove.

I'd be fine with a card or band being scanned, and it brings up my picture and that I'm an active AP and DVC member on the screen in front of their face.

Seems weird they don't know that without making me pull up the APP to prove- you know, what they SOLD me.
They already know the info if they scan your band. When we checked in for MM’s a couple months ago only our band was scanned with an iPad type device We were not asked to show ID or our digital Blue card …

I'd be hard-pressed to think of a stupider idea than a separate land for villains. What are they going to do, take the villains out of all the other areas of the park and segregate them? Heroes and villains belong together. One without the other is just lame and boring.
An excellent analysis! You need both villains and heroes to tell a story.

They already know the info if they scan your band. When we checked in for MM’s a couple months ago only our band was scanned with an iPad type device We were not asked to show ID or our digital Blue card …

Oh nice. When we made a purchase they had us pull up the App but that's been a while back.

They already know the info if they scan your band.
That assumes that you are using a MB or KTTW card for payment. For those of us not staying at a resort there needs to be another way.

Yes, they have all expired by now. However, you can have your DVC membership uploaded to My Disney Experience to verify your "Blue Card" eligibility for DVC discounts.
Sure. I was responding to a post that said the cards didn't expire and could continue to be used to get discounts even if the member has sold the membership interest that allowed them to qualify for such discount.

I couldn't disagree more. I think a villains land would be awesome. The Disney villains have been hugely popular all on their own. And the crowd always goes wild at d23 events when a villain's land is teased...
Well, as they say, nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
Disney used to be a leader in innovation, giving people adventures and experiences they never even knew they wanted, taking risks and telling stories about good and evil, challenges and triumphs, heroes and villains and monsters, happiness and sadness, fear and bravery, friends and enemies, love and hate and life and death. It's a bad sign if their new creative trajectory is just cheap fan pandering.

Guest experiences I would love to see return with an investment instead of a new land:

Magical Express, free FP+ (or Genie+) selections, nighttime parade/show, AK open at night, longer magic hours (before and after regular park closing), street performers.

There's probably more, but these were the things off the top of my head.

Guest experiences I would love to see return with an investment instead of a new land:

Magical Express, free FP+ (or Genie+) selections, nighttime parade/show, AK open at night, longer magic hours (before and after regular park closing), street performers.

I would love for them to bring back delivery of packages to your hotel....I use to buy so much more, but who wants to carry around packages all day

I would love for them to bring back delivery of packages to your hotel....I use to buy so much more, but who wants to carry around packages all day
Anytime we'd buy something heavy or large we'd just go back to the shop last and grab it. If we forgot then oh well, we clearly didn't want it anyway. Small stuff easily goes in our park bag, so we do tend to choose smaller items. Easier on the luggage that way too!

I think perhaps the next Disney CEO (or two) should do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter