Beware of thieves!!

cinderellakh20

Mouseketeer
Let me start by saying I know there were things we could have done better to protect our property but my heart breaks all the same still. My husband is about to get laid off so before he started the big job search we wanted to go to Disneyland with our three year old twins - the whole trip was to cost less than $300 including gas/hotel since we have APs.

We had a great 2 days in the park but were leaving a very busy Main Street Wed night 2/27 at closing time. My son wanted popcorn and all the stands were closed so my husband ran into the gift shop while I stood with the kids in their 2 strollers. All we know is one minute our camera bag was strapped on one stroller and the next minute it was gone :eek: It unfortunately had our camcorder and digital camera in it so we lost everything . We went to lost and found hoping just maybe somebody bumped it off and then turned it in but it was stolen unfortunately :sad1: It was wrapped several times around the strollers handles so I think as I was attending to my daughter or son they could have even taken a knife to the strap :sad2: I wish I would have been wearing a backpack with the camera in it or my husband carrying it may have helped but someone that determined would probably have gotten it one way or another - apparantly there were a lot of people of lost and found saying they had missing cameras too - I was too depressed to ask if they just dropped them or what occurred.

I don't mean to be a downer but I just wanted to warn everyone so it doesn't happen to them - not only did we lose our only cameras but all our precious momentos of our beautiful kids and their fun time to Disneyland -mostly I just hope to go back someday and still feel the magic and not always think of the theft . Thanks for listening to my rant - hope everyone has much better luck than us!!! :confused3

Kim

It happens and it's good that you posted about it. Disneyland is generally a safe place but tourists are a target so it's always smart to stay vigilant.

That really stinks. So sorry it happened.

My dd lost her wallet in DL one time, some one did turn it in but not before they had helped themselves to most of her cash.

I am so so sorry. That is terrible. I havent ever experience anything like that there. And the fact that this JUST happend to you, makes me very sad. I hope that something wonderful happens for you. You didnt deserve that. I wish you could just wave a magic wand and make it right. My heart goes out to you and your family.
That just sucks.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. :hug: Thank you for sharing your experience so that it may not happen to others.

My dd lost her wallet in DL one time, some one did turn it in but not before they had helped themselves to most of her cash.
Haha, finder's fee.

I wonder what goes through their heads. I mean, I'm pretty sure people care more about the money inside the wallet than the wallet itself.

:hug: My heart just aches for you. I am so sorry you had to go through this.
Thank you for sharing your story. ((( hugs ))):flower3:

so so sorry about your memories. Thanks for the warning, as I am usually less careful at DL b/c it seems so safe. At least no one can steal your head and heart full of memories....:)

Sorry to hear this. There are some really low people out there, anywhere.

We had a stroller taken from Universal Studios. The thing about it was first thing, that day, we had come out of an attraction, and there was some lady walking off with our stroller!:mad: I went up to her and said excuse me, thats our stroller. She just said something in Spanish, and stood there. I just pulled the stroller away from her, and she left. A couple hours later, at a different attraction, the stroller was gone. I was steaming. It didn't matter, the stroller was a super cheap one, $10, But that someone is so low to do these things!
I wonder if homeowners ins. covers any loss like your cameras. I'm surprised at some of the things that are covered.

I am so sorry this happened to you. Sadly even at the Happiest Place on Earth there are bad people. :(

I hope your husband finds a new job real fast!

The sad thing is that even if your homeowners ins covered it- all those photos and videos! I am so sorry to hear about that, because to me, my photos I take in the parks will always be my best souvenirs from my adventures in the parks.

It just sucks that you were right there when it happened and wasn't able to notice. It is SO crazy right as everyone is trying to leave down Main Street.

Im so sorry this happened to you and your family. I can't even fathom how someone can do this especially at DL where they know a camcorder/camera holds precious memories. I found a digital camera on the Indiana Jones ride two weeks ago and I immediately cried out to the CM that I had found this.
I kept saying " I hope they went to lost and found".

That was nice you returned. We have unfortunately had 2 items stolen. Our daughter's coat and the next year her new sorcer light up hat. I saw the person that took it and they denied it. Silly me hadn't marked dd's name in it so I had no way to prove it was ours.

I am sorry to hear that and know how they can never be replaced and I hate to say this but I am glad that it wasnt worst like a child. It is when you hope the karma comes to them. I remember leaving my backpack at one of the food places at DL and we got up to leave and right when I walked out I remembered it and my dh went in to get it and found a family grabbing for it. I dont know if they were going to turn it in or not but luckly we got it in time. The same trip, someone stole a knotts berry farm souvnier CUP off of my stroller outside of the jungle cruise in the daylight!!!! How desperate can someone get when it is with a drink that we used. SAD. I will not leave anything on my stroller again when we go on any rides now. I hate to judge people by how they look but it seems like there are a lot of pretty bad people lurking around disneyland, seems like a new hot spot for thieves.

I am so sorry.

Ever since Sept I have mentioned our experience, which pales in comparison, but still hurts to think about. For us, someone stole DS's brand new pirate hat which was in the stroller, under an old sweatshirt and baseball cap. Now in our case we were made "whole" by some CMs who heard DS talking about it the following night.

The one thing I would make sure of if I were you is that you make sure lost and found has your names and address, with a very good description of the cameras and bags (and types of memory that were in them). It's always possible you went there too soon after their loss, and at some point they might have been turned in, or at least the memory cards/tapes/film could have been turned in.

Here's hoping, anyway! I'm so sorry that happened.:hug:

In November, my cell phone was stolen from my stroller. I left the stroller to get fastpasses for BTMRR and then went on the ride with my dd. When we were boarding, I said to myself, "I don't think I saw my phone before we left the stroller!" We get off the ride and lo and behold the cell phone is gone. It is an orange enV and it easy to spot.

My husband works for Verizon, so he sent a text message to my phone saying that he was putting a trace on it immediately and would track them down for stealing the phone. Not a minute later he calls the phone to get them to answer and a CM answers the phone saying that someone had just dropped it off at the mercantile store.

I was so thankful that we got it back, yet so miffed that even at DL there are horrible, dishonest people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter