Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

Reading this part has cracked me up! My daughter (she's only 6!) says she's a vegetarian, but she loves veggies so it makes a little sense but...that is SO funny! Love reading this. There are so few trip reports with kids, and even she isn't a "child", but still glad to see.
I agree, I don’t think eating all cheese is a vegetarian haha! She actually ate more veggies this trip. She still is sticking to the vegetarian diet. She is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts so she can’t get protein from them. She does eat a fair amount of beans with her cheese!
When Andi was young, she ate everything, she loved all veggies then as a teen it was mostly pizza and chicken strips!

I think they turned him around as they had some mechanical issues with his face and figured it was better to not fix it.

Looks like a wonderful start to Flower & Garden!
Ahh Thank you, I was going for something more sinister, like the place is haunted and he was just turned one day,haha!
We really enjoyed Epcot this trip and crowds were more manageable here then any other park!

img_apr42019at81656pm-jpg.392749
What a lovely start to your day! I love mornings like that at Epcot :goodvibes You and Andi always have the best shirts! :thumbsup2 Cute picture :goodvibes

Hello Everyone! Thank you to all reading along, I love hearing from you! I hope the weekend is going to be awesome for you all!

My sister D from my last report is coming over to visit, my husband is at his hunting camp with his buddies getting it ready for Duck hunting, yuck!! I am hanging out by myself waiting for D to come. She is a retired hair stylist and she has cut and cared for my hair for over 35 years! I need a trim and a little sprucing up before the Epic Girl’s Trip!

Back to Epcot! Andi and I just had our violet lemonade and grabbed our F&G booklet! We reviewed items and booths in the booklet. We decided to head towards China and make this booth our first food for the day. I had also downloaded the Festival app on my phone, this was just like the booklet, really nice!

We had to wait about 5 minutes for China to open. We were 2nd in line for food at the Lotus house. I tried the housemade crab and cheese wontons and Andi went with the vegetable spring rolls.
IMG_Apr62019at75955AM.jpg
The crab wontons were very good, I ate all 3 since Andi wouldn’t try them. The spring rolls were also delicious. I had a bite of these. Everything was just made and very fresh!
IMG_Apr62019at80019AM.jpg
We checked off China and headed to try the “faux meatball” at Trowel and Trellis. The meatball was described as vegetarian served with Lentil bread, spinach, marinated vegetables, and creamy herb dressing.

This was delicious, it doesn’t photograph great but trust me yum!! I want this again in May. 2 thumbs up from both of us.
IMG_Apr62019at80051AM.jpg
We headed into WS again going through Canada first, we looked around and enjoyed the sites and sounds as we made our way to France. Had a picture on the bridge.
IMG_Apr62019at80418AM.jpg
We wanted to try the watermelon and cucumber slushy, minus the gin :sad1: We loved this, it was so cool and refreshing with a note of cucumber.
IMG_Apr62019at80159AM.jpg
Japan was next. We love the Frushi from Hanami booth. This was yummy, it did not disappoint except for the size and amount keeps shrinking each year. The cost of course keeps rising.
IMG_Apr62019at80302AM.jpg
We did a few pictures in Japan and kept working our way around the WS.
IMG_Apr62019at80333AM.jpg
I did get a room ready text at this time and of course none of our requests were granted. I had asked for Casitas building 4 (standard room) on a high floor. We got Cabana 8B ground floor:confused3 I was a little bummed because I knew we would be far from the lobby. I also have nightmares about loud people above me:scared:

We decided to check it out and go from there. We went into MouseGear and picked up our AP Pluto magnets before heading out! I am so glad we did because they ran out of them a few days later! I think they have more now.

We headed out via Lyft and arrived at Coronado around 2pm. We followed the path and found our room. It was a fairly long walk but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The massive Grand Destino Resort construction was our view to and from our room. That place is massive. I will post some pictures of the construction soon.
IMG_Apr62019at80545AM.jpg
Our room was a corner room not far from the quiet pool. We really liked the room inside, it was very nice. It is refurbished with the wood like floors, lots of storage, big TV, and bathroom storage in abundance!
IMG_Apr62019at80459AM.jpg
IMG_Apr62019at80524AM.jpg
It was a quiet corner and we decided we liked it and hoped the guests above us were quiet.
There was a nice little beach area outside of the building with hammocks and loungers, this was very nice. Bus stop 4 was close to our room.

We took a rest before heading out to MK for the evening.

Stay tuned for a MK evening and a nightmare monorail ride, ugh!!!

I used my gift card the whole trip so I didn’t keep track of our receipts as well as usual. I know we definitely stayed below or at our $100.00 a Day food budget!

Last edited:
Our first stop was SE, a favorite for us! We walked on and soon learned all about communication. Does anyone know the story about the little boy with the newspaper saying the Civil War is over? I remember years ago he was facing us. I ponder these things :idea: Haha!
Nothing better than starting with Spaceship Earth!

We had to wait about 5 minutes for China to open. We were 2nd in line for food at the Lotus house. I tried the housemade crab and cheese wontons and Andi went with the vegetable spring rolls.
Those look great!

We checked off China and headed to try the “faux meatball” at Trowel and Trellis. The meatball was described as vegetarian served with Lentil bread, spinach, marinated vegetables, and creamy herb dressing.
As does this!

Japan was next. We love the Frushi from Hanami booth. This was yummy, it did not disappoint except for the size and amount keeps shrinking each year. The cost of course keeps rising.
I tried the frushi too and really enjoyed it. It is a small serving for the price though.

It was a quiet corner and we decided we liked it and hoped the guests above us were quiet.
There was a nice little beach area outside of the building with hammocks and loungers, this was very nice. Bus stop 4 was close to our room.
Your room looks lovely!

Add frushi to my list! Sorry you didn’t get your room requests! I probably would have been a difficult guest and asked to switch. I don’t expect them to meet all my requests but at least one would be nice!

Loving your trip report! We were at Coronado springs the same time as you! I also got a ground floor room and had concerns about noise but I heard NO noise the entire time we were there! We loved it!

Man, I disappear from this place for a few weeks and end up 15 pages and a whole trip behind :P I caught up on everything though and look forward to hearing about more of your adventures!

I need a trim and a little sprucing up before the Epic Girl’s Trip!
Got my appointment all set up!

I tried the housemade crab and cheese wontons and Andi went with the vegetable spring rolls.
We love those spring rolls! I don't remember the crab and cheese wontons being on the menu before? Maybe they're new, I'll definitely be trying them next month :goodvibes

We wanted to try the watermelon and cucumber slushy, minus the gin
And I loved this but with the gin :drinking1 Chris had it without and enjoyed it. Such a refreshing drink! Glad you enjoyed your first round at F&G and glad you were happy with your room at CSR. We've always been in Casitas even when we don't request it and we do like that area, but Cabanas would be our 2nd choice.

Nothing better than starting with Spaceship Earth!
This is my favorite ride in Epcot, never gets old!

Those look great!
The three savory items we tried this day were all fantastic!

I tried the frushi too and really enjoyed it. It is a small serving for the price though.
I agree, you use to get 4 pieces and I think 1 dollar less!

Your room looks lovely!
The room was really nice and such comfortable beds!

Add frushi to my list! Sorry you didn’t get your room requests! I probably would have been a difficult guest and asked to switch. I don’t expect them to meet all my requests but at least one would be nice!
Frushi so yummy! At first I was really annoyed with my room assignment, I did plan to go talk to the hotel cm’s Until we checked out our room and were pleasantly surprised! Spoiler alert, it was very quiet, yay!

Loving your trip report! We were at Coronado springs the same time as you! I also got a ground floor room and had concerns about noise but I heard NO noise the entire time we were there! We loved it!
Thank you and Welcome! How fun we were at the same resort! I was also pleasantly surprised how quiet our room was, it was very nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter