Beware New Gift Card Issue

Song of the South

Mouseketeer
I several Disney gift cards to pay dues with during BJ's black Friday deal. Today, when I went to verify the cards were loaded properly--two years ago we received an inactive card!--the account number peeled off of two of the cards. I guess gift cards are cardboard now and this may be a known issue. I didn't know about it though until just now. I have $1,000 on these two cards. I emailed the disney gift card customer service. I was told that was all that the phone help could do. Just wanted to warn others about this issue since I know several of us pay dues with gift cards.

SotS

I had the same problem! I got a $200 card to make my final payment for 2023. I usually peel off the number cover but it pulled the numbers off. I then scratched it and got all but the last 3 numbers of the PIN. I called and they couldn’t help, said to email customer service. I decided to just save it for my next trip, it will still swipe (hopefully). Used credit card to make final dues payment.

We've taken pictures of our GC in case of something like this or in case we misplace them and need to "combine" to another gift card, including a blank one to transfer.

Still using the hard plastic GC here in Canada,,,but its only in Can$:(
You can still use the Canadian giftcards fo DVC dues. We actually prefer to use it since then I don't pay foreign exchange fee and get 5% back for purchasing it at the grocery store. The only thing we've noticed is that recently the grocery stores around us won't let us buy more than $500 at a time.

You can still use the Canadian giftcards fo DVC dues. We actually prefer to use it since then I don't pay foreign exchange fee and get 5% back for purchasing it at the grocery store. The only thing we've noticed is that recently the grocery stores around us won't let us buy more than $500 at a time.
which grocery store gives you 5% back?

Starting Jan 1 my Chase Freedom card has 5% at grocery stores until March 31 up to $1500! You need to opt in. I will buy one card at a time and immediately put it towards MF's. Both groceries I shop at are local in New England so if there is an issue I can take it up with the local store managers. It never ceases to amaze me how these crooks stay ahead of any type of security.

Of course, I got an email one day after I bought a $500 Dis GC (on shopdisney) to put towards DVC MF's (2%). I bought the card and waited until it came through (less than 1 hour) and immediately put it toward MF's. 2% is better than nothing. I am not likely to stash cards for this years trip.

Check your Freedom card promotion for first quarter! :teacher:

So this still isn’t resolved and I am beside myself. I was informed by the GC guest services supervisor that the email system “deletes emails after 72 hours” so if I haven’t received a response I “just need to email again.” Due are due now and Disney has my money but I have no way to send it to DVC. LIVID.

I several Disney gift cards to pay dues with during BJ's black Friday deal. Today, when I went to verify the cards were loaded properly--two years ago we received an inactive card!--the account number peeled off of two of the cards. I guess gift cards are cardboard now and this may be a known issue. I didn't know about it though until just now. I have $1,000 on these two cards. I emailed the disney gift card customer service. I was told that was all that the phone help could do. Just wanted to warn others about this issue since I know several of us pay dues with gift cards.

SotS
So this still isn’t resolved and I am beside myself. I was informed by the GC guest services supervisor that the email system “deletes emails after 72 hours” so if I haven’t received a response I “just need to email again.” Due are due now and Disney has my money but I have no way to send it to DVC. LIVID.

Sorry to hear this. Good to check. I am leery of loading the cards on the website to retain them, but may be a better option if the cards numbers are coming up.

Given the circumstances, you could ask DVC to waive any late fee(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter