Beware Apple Phishing scam

manning

Just for that I have requested it
https://www.nextgov.com/cybersecurity/2019/01/beware-apple-support-phishing-scams/153981/

Danielle Davezac | January 7, 2019 at 8:37 PM CST - Updated January 10 at 4:37 PM

(WAFB) - Apple device users are being targeted in the latest phishing scam, according to AppleInsider.

The incoming call is disguised as a real Apple support phone number.

Scam victims reported receiving a message from a robodialer, saying their online ID had been compromised.

They were then asked to respond to a “1-866” number in order to speak to an Apple representative regarding their online ID.

The incoming call is shown as “Apple Inc.” and the number as 1-800-MY-APPLE, just like AppleCare, when checking the iOS Phone app.

If in doubt go to apple web site and support.

for Apple, same with emails.. I fell for this once, but caught on, and changed all passwords again asap.. the thing is I check my email from my iphone.. so you see only the before @ part of an email address.. it said apple something that from my memory was legit and the before @ part was.. way at the end of the email address was differnt.. one has to go and open the sender complete email address. I hit the link . and the website looke EXCATELY like the icloud change password site.. I was stupid to do it.. but something in my head clicked a second after changing my password, like wait not no fast..

I felt so stupid as I consider myself on the more savy side.. I know never to anser change password emails but this looked at first very apple like... at least It took me 1 sec to figure this out..

Thanks! DH has been inundated with Emails from them, I'll caution him about possible phone calls coming, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter